upgrades after paying balance...

Hi there

To save me a phone call to royal caribbean, please could someone help me?

Is it possible to pay for an upgrade after balance payment? I'm in the U.K, I've done my online check in and we sail on explorer in 3 weeks.

We have two connecting promenade stateroom, after having to downgrade from our JS months ago for a complicated reason. I'm now able to afford a higher grade cabin if it was allowed. Thank you.

Yes, that should be fine. A few years ago we had booked and paid for a guarantee inside, then two weeks before sailing we noticed a good price on a balcony so paid the difference and upgraded, although they weren't keen initially as they said the price differential wasn't applicable to our booking type (it never is!).

Then a day before sailing we got upgraded for free to a junior suite!

So we'd gone from an inside to a JS in the space of 2 weeks all for around £100 per person. Result :D

Only me again with another question.

We had one js for 4 and we changed it to two promenade connecting with 2 in each. This meant a new booking was created for our kids in the connecting cabin.

If we now upgraded to a suite it would be 4 of us in one suite so that second booking would be cancelled. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before I phone and be told its not possible.

There is a guarantee suite for only a few hundred pounds more expensive. There are six aft deck 6 &7 js left 2 gs and 2 os. The chances are we'd get a js but you never know. They might see its a big birthday and give us a big suite haha. ;)

Only me again with another question.

We had one js for 4 and we changed it to two promenade connecting with 2 in each. This meant a new booking was created for our kids in the connecting cabin.

If we now upgraded to a suite it would be 4 of us in one suite so that second booking would be cancelled. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before I phone and be told its not possible.

There is a guarantee suite for only a few hundred pounds more expensive. There are six aft deck 6 &7 js left 2 gs and 2 os. The chances are we'd get a js but you never know. They might see its a big birthday and give us a big suite haha. ;)

This changes everything. Upgrading one reservation shouldn't be a problem but cancelling a reservation isn't likely to be allowed.

Hi, I am on the same cruise. I asked about a paid upgrade and was told by both my TA and RC that I was unable to as would lose any benefits. When I booked we got free select package and tips. Think this is a joke as they are still offering the free drinks and you now get 200 obc. Anyway, hope you can change yours ok.:)

Hi, I am on the same cruise. I asked about a paid upgrade and was told by both my TA and RC that I was unable to as would lose any benefits. When I booked we got free select package and tips. Think this is a joke as they are still offering the free drinks and you now get 200 obc. Anyway, hope you can change yours ok.:)

Yes you could upgrade but would only be entitled to the offers at the time. So you have to work out which is best. We've decided to stay as we are unless a balcony cabin by chance becomes available opposite the promenade we have currently.

I'm absolutely gutted! Just received an email from RCI offering us a special offer on a balcony cabin upgrade for £200 when the current price difference between a prom and a balc is £900.

The problem is that they won't allow our girls to move who are in a connecting cabin as their booking reference hasn't been selected for the upgrade. I've tried everything. It's my 40th, never been inside before always have a balcony, circumstances meant we had to downgrade etc. Mario was brilliant and even checked with management but the computer still said no.

The nearest balcony to their prom is 14 cabins away. I can't do that as in an emergency we'd have different musters. Gutted!!first time offer of upgrade and had to say no!. Now praying someone cancels a deck 7 mid ship port side balc cabin before departure. :(

I'm sailing on LG on Thursday.

There has been an OS available for weeks.

I would love to upgrade, but it would be AUD 8700.

So much for RCI offering upgrades to D+ and Pinnacle C&A members.

Looks like we sail with an empty OS.

Yes, I have my preference set as automatic upgrade.:mad:

But I'm quite willing to pay a reasonable price.:eek:

Edited by Aussie FF

I'm absolutely gutted! Just received an email from RCI offering us a special offer on a balcony cabin upgrade for £200 when the current price difference between a prom and a balc is £900.

The problem is that they won't allow our girls to move who are in a connecting cabin as their booking reference hasn't been selected for the upgrade. I've tried everything. It's my 40th, never been inside before always have a balcony, circumstances meant we had to downgrade etc. Mario was brilliant and even checked with management but the computer still said no.

The nearest balcony to their prom is 14 cabins away. I can't do that as in an emergency we'd have different musters. Gutted!!first time offer of upgrade and had to say no!. Now praying someone cancels a deck 7 mid ship port side balc cabin before departure. :(

Did you try to move the kids to a same-category prom cabin that would be closer to your new balcony?

Call them rather than waiting for them to call you! Tell them you're C&A level. You never know what might happen. Computers can make mistakes.

Edited by tiger-91

They would prefer to sail with an empty OS because then they can use it as a prize in bingo and make far more $$$$$ in selling bingo tickets than the few hundred $$ they would charge to upgrade.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Did you try to move the kids to a same-category prom cabin that would be closer to your new balcony?

Yes they said the girls could only upgrade at a cost of 900. They won't allow a move to same category or downgrade :(.

After reading another thread about families being split at muster stations during the grandeur fire I've decided we'll stay where we are.