Liars Club

BLAMBKY

I keep seeing this pop up on threads. What is this? Is it appropriate humor for teens? :rolleyes: My son (then 12)stayed with us for Quest on Freedom of the Seas and embarrassed easily. :o (FYI- it was our first time at this game. It was funny but this one did not get too out of hand)

Edited by BLAMBKY

Three officers make up silly stories to provide definitions of strange words and the audience votes by applause for the one they think is right. Like the old party game Dictionary, or Balderdash. There was an element of the risque in some of the responses, but nothing like the Quest.

To be honest, we didn't love it, and this sort of thing is usually our cup of tea

I keep seeing this pop up on threads. What is this? Is it appropriate humor for teens? :rolleyes: My son (then 12)stayed with us for Quest on Freedom of the Seas and embarrassed easily. :o (FYI- it was our first time at this game. It was funny but this one did not get too out of hand)

It is a late night (clue) entertainment program where 3 Senior Staff (could be the Captain, HD, CD, an entertainer, or others depending on ship) define a word. One is telling the truth, the others two are not. Can and does get off color and not appropriate for a 12 year old in my view. Captain Tasos teamed with CD Alejandro on Connie are the very best.

Edited by Orator

We thought it was hilarious. It's one of the late-night shows, so I would say it is NOT appropriate for young teens. (I would say perhaps 16+ would be OK - depending on how mature they are.)

One of the reasons it was so funny was because of the folks on the activities staff. I could see how it might differ in entertainment value depending on the people involved.

It is a late night (clue) entertainment program where 3 Senior Staff (could be the Captain, HD, CD, an entertainer, or others depending on ship) define a word. One is telling the truth, the others two are not. Can and does get off color and not appropriate for a 12 year old in my view. Captain Tasos teamed with CD Alejandro on Connie are the very best.

They are currently 16. I think I will give them a heads up and let them decide. Surprisingly, these kinds of HUMOROUS things open door for dialogue. [emoji6]

We thought it was hysterical. The chemistry between the Captain (who is hilarious and mischievous on his own), the HD and the CD was perfect. To each his/her own and others' opinions may vary, but we found the humor was suggestive without being outright raunchy.

I don't know how conservative your kids are, but I do know most teenagers know more than they let on and raunchy humor is usually right up their alley. It was for me, at least. :D

I think it depends on who is participating on how funny it can be

(OR NOT).....they had the Liar's Club on my recent cruise to Alaska

on Solstice....I should say I have seen the show before and it can

be quite funny.

In this case? Most of the audience did not think it was funny at all.

Some of the words were a bit funky (I realize it is supposed to be that

way) but for some reason, this audience didn't enjoy it.....I stayed

for the whole show but I could see people leaving (not just a few) but

many, many folks all got up and left.....it was a bit odd (in my opinion).

I have seen it on the Constellation and Solstice. Seeing it on Connie first with Captain Taso I was in stitches. When I saw it on the Solstice they used exactly the same words but struggled to make it funny. We had a busy that day and to be honest I was actually nodding off.

Edited by benjoon

Capt Tasos missed his calling. His Liars Club with JC was the funniest event I have attended in my life to date. We both never laughed so hard.

Then again, Captain Tasos made me laugh with his daily announcements on our TA last year. "Hello, this is your captain speaking. I have bad news and good news. Bad news is I left my charts at home. Good news is I figure we just travel east and eventually we'll run into Florida." That and his constant references to Greekipedia when defining words.

The definitely need some new words, for those of us who cruise often, we already know what they mean, even if their "lies" changed.

For those who have never seen it, they definitely need to see it once to see if they have fun. As far as a 12 year old, I guess it would depend on the 12 year old and how you felt about risque innuendo.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I saw it for the first time a couple of years back on Connie.

I just found it a bit... predictable? A fair amount of the audience enjoyed it though, so worth a try to see what you think. For a 16yo should be okay in terms of content.

Last Liars Club I went to was with Sue Demming, Perry Grant, and one of Sue's assistants as the three liars.

It had some funny moments but most was basically the toilet humor you might expect from teen boys. Naturally, Sue did toss out a couple of stories about shoes - and that was funny. The comments between Perry and the two others were not risque but downright crude with the innuendo of gay sex.

Definitely, this was not one I would recommend to anyone.

The Sin City "review" is better. However, why bother with the simulated strip tease? You can see far more skin around the pool or at island beaches. The emcees and comics are usually good.