4J cabins. Has anyone been bumped from them

honestguy

Totally no one was angry with the folks who got the free cruises.

People were irked with Carnival for overlooking people with long years of sailing Carnival.

And there was no transparency as to how they were chosen

If Carnival had given a press release. What they doing. Why they did it. there would have been nothing said.

Yeah... so you probably missed the ;) at the end of my comments

You horrible unethical human being.. I hope you get noro virus. Karma is a b****

Just kidding. . Enjoy the cruise, have an awesome time!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

That would give them reason to give me another free one LOL. This was one for the Journey cruises. I have no clue how they were selected. I have never had any kind of deal worth a darn. Finding someone to be able to go for 10 nights was the hard part and then flying to San Juan and getting hubby to pick us up in Galveston was the hardest part. I'm so ready!

I just booked a cruise, and I'm in a 4J handicap cabin. I was the last to book, and was told would be the first to get bumped. I don't have a problem since I can only go up. My question is, where did you end up, if in fact you got bumped?

Hello darling. I am far too lazy to read this whole thread. However, I'll add in my two cents anyway. Thirty years in the hotel business. Did we bump guests to accommodate those that needed handicap accessible rooms? Absolutely. Did it happen often? Maybe five times in the last 15 years. Was either guest unhappy with the resolution? Never. There is a person somewhere looking at all that, believe it or not. It is in the proprietors best interest to ensure both guests are happy. Don't know that you will get a suite, but you will always get comparable accommodations. Happy sailing!

Also you are incorrect on the upgrade. It must be a lateral or upwards move so if in a 4J all they can do is move you to a non-HC 4J or into a 4K or above. You cannot for any reason be moved below your category.

Not true they can move you to a stateroom the same price and/or same catergory as you paid for. for example our friends booked out 2 weeks as a last minute sail got to port only to be bumped to a room down the hall as it was the same price they paid. so booking early you get the better deals sometimes, but dont be surprized if you book one of the rooms and they move you to an equal price room. They use the cost right now not the cost of when you booked.

I wish I had popped some popcorn to enjoy while reading all this drama!

OP, I agree with you. There was nothing wrong in booking the room you did. Congrats on the upgrade! I really want to try a cove balcony cabin, let us know how you liked it. :)

Also you are incorrect on the upgrade. It must be a lateral or upwards move so if in a 4J all they can do is move you to a non-HC 4J or into a 4K or above. You cannot for any reason be moved below your category.

Not true they can move you to a stateroom the same price and/or same catergory as you paid for. for example our friends booked out 2 weeks as a last minute sail got to port only to be bumped to a room down the hall as it was the same price they paid. so booking early you get the better deals sometimes, but dont be surprized if you book one of the rooms and they move you to an equal price room. They use the cost right now not the cost of when you booked.

That is a lateral move which I clearly stated. You cannot be moved downward, only lateral or upward. ;)

Edited by Out to sea!

I read this assuming that it was gonna be a question about getting bumped bc 2 were in a 4 person. We moved from a Spa Interior to Cabin 3116, which is an Interior Obstructed View, 4J and it's for 4 passengers which I didn't even know until they ended the call saying just so you know, you could potentially be bumped, but don't worry we just have to say that. Of course, we purposely picked that cabin bc it has a fridge, has extra space etc. So I'm hoping we aren't moved to like a midship OV on Deck 1 or something, seeing as how that would be a downgrade in my opinion. I was surprised they let me rebook into it, if it wasn't okay for 2 people to have