4J cabins. Has anyone been bumped from them

honestguy

SO I posted this thread to get an answer. What's my chances of getting bumped. Didn't know it would turn into a thread on ethics. Listen What I'm doing is allowed within the rules, and also very smart. My room is the highest inside cabin. I can only get moved to an ocean view or higher. Since there is way more balconies than ocean views, there's a good chance if I do get bumped, it will be to a balcony. That's just being savvy. Some people have it some don't. Rag on me all you want. I think it's funny, and if I don't get bumped I'm going to enjoy my huge handicapped cabin I hope the toilet sits up real high too

I'm surprised there is any "ethics" debate here at all. You are NOT in the wrong. You will be bumped if an individual in need books the cabin. I don't see the problem with that at all.....

It's not like taking a handicapped parking spot, where a person in need wouldn't be able to track you down to move your car.

So in answer to the original question.....I have never booked a handicapped accessible room(though both my husband and I are handicapped, we just don't need the room). We were on a cruise, and I can't remember which ship but it was probably 6 or 7 years ago. A honeymooning couple had heard the handicap accessible room was larger so they booked it but they must have claimed they had a handicap. Upon boarding they didn't have the proper paper work and were downgraded to an inside cabin with bunk beds. Not the most desirable thing on your honeymoon.

Again I think this was different because I think they tried to claim they were handicapped and then couldn't prove it and someone else with a handicap did.

If they lied then they deserved it.

So in answer to the original question.....I have never booked a handicapped accessible room(though both my husband and I are handicapped, we just don't need the room). We were on a cruise, and I can't remember which ship but it was probably 6 or 7 years ago. A honeymooning couple had heard the handicap accessible room was larger so they booked it but they must have claimed they had a handicap. Upon boarding they didn't have the proper paper work and were downgraded to an inside cabin with bunk beds. Not the most desirable thing on your honeymoon.

Again I think this was different because I think they tried to claim they were handicapped and then couldn't prove it and someone else with a handicap did.

Yea that's just dirty to lie. I'm betting that the person purposely put them in that cabin. Haha

First of all, you may NOT be upgraded, that's a fallacy. The OP is not cruising until October according to another thread. Booking a handicap cabin simply because it's bigger when you don't need it is akin to parking in a handicapped parking spot because it's closer. Bad form.

umm no it's not. It's a room that is available for anyone who is handicapped to book. They are rarely filled with folks who need them for that reason which is why they sell to folks who are not handicapped. If someone wants to book who is handicapped, they get the room. What could possibly be wrong with that?

I have a mobility disability and require the bathroom modifications. We never thought to pursue a cruise we wanted to book when all HC cabins were unavailable.

Silly me thinking HC booked meant some other cruisers with a need for the room snagged it before us. Now I've learned differently and I thank you.

I have a mobility disability and require the bathroom modifications. We never thought to pursue a cruise we wanted to book when all HC cabins were unavailable.

Silly me thinking HC booked meant some other cruisers with a need for the room snagged it before us. Now I've learned differently and I thank you.

You should never not book because it appears the HC staterooms are taken. All you need to do is request one and the current planned occupants will be moved unless they can provide the necessary documents.

Well well well. Guess what. Carnival just called me. Turns out that someone needs the cabin. first question was do you have any special needs. nope. She goes great we will be moving you to a cove cabin :D

Well well well. Guess what. Carnival just called me. Turns out that someone needs the cabin. first question was do you have any special needs. nope. She goes great we will be moving you to a cove cabin :D

Well that should make some people happy, you know it being a HC cabin and all.. Some people would probably have had you moved to a life boat for the week..with booking this type cabin to begin with...LOL. We have one booked in August on the Sunshine, Lido deck, we'll see what happens..[emoji568]

Well that should make some people happy, you know it being a HC cabin and all.. Some people would probably have had you moved to a life boat for the week..with booking this type cabin to begin with...LOL. We have one booked in August on the Sunshine, Lido deck, we'll see what happens..[emoji568]

Hey its nice ot meet, another horrible human being that goes around booking handicap rooms. I hope you get the free upgrade too:D

I have major issues with someone taking advantage of handicap parking and such. However, this is entirely a different situation.

If you are planning to book a room and the last available is a handicap, are you not going to go on the cruise because of it? I have never had a handicap cabin but it clearly states on the site and documentation, if you are in a handicap cabin that is needed, you will be bumped. If all I wanted to spend was the rate for an inside cabin, I will take what I can get for my rate. It isn’t their fault that someone didn’t book sooner than them knowing they will need it. It is also nice to know that if someone does need it that Carnival will make adjustments for the person in the cabin.

Have you never used a handicap restroom? To me this is not any different. They are not refusing to move, just refusing to spend more for a different cabin.

I have booked a cabin on a ship in an inside category before that slept 4. When we booked there were only 2 cabins together or even on the same deck when we went with some friends. I was fully aware that if a family or 4 needed an inside cabin, I’d get upgraded since it was just 2 of us. Never happened but it was a chance I took.

If the OP was saying they got a handicap and would be furious if they got moved, that would be different.

Edited by Mrsg324

Heck I'd post pictures of myself doing the 'HAPPY DANCE!!' if I got a free cruise or for a matter of fact if it was just dirt cheap!!! Post away Mrs G!! I say don't be a hater people!!! LOL

Edited by volmoma

But then again, I'm a horrible person because I posted my excitement about a free cruise I got.

I remember those free cruise threads. To some people you guys that got free cruises were worse than Hitler! ;)

I remember those free cruise threads. To some people you guys that got free cruises were worse than Hitler! ;)

Totally no one was angry with the folks who got the free cruises.

People were irked with Carnival for overlooking people with long years of sailing Carnival.

And there was no transparency as to how they were chosen

If Carnival had given a press release. What they doing. Why they did it. there would have been nothing said.