4J cabins. Has anyone been bumped from them

honestguy

I just booked a cruise, and I'm in a 4J handicap cabin. I was the last to book, and was told would be the first to get bumped. I don't have a problem since I can only go up. My question is, where did you end up, if in fact you got bumped?

Are you in need of a handicap cabin? No need to worry if you are. If not.....

no I don't need a handicap cabin. My PVP just told me to get it, since it's larger, and a great location. However since I'm not handicapped. I can be bumped if a person of need, needs a cabin.

no I don't need a handicap cabin. My PVP just told me to get it, since it's larger, and a great location. However since I'm not handicapped. I can be bumped if a person of need, needs a cabin.

If you don't need it, move. What you're doing is not appropriate, IMHO.

Karma is a b*tch

Edited by Swampbabe

2 of the 4 cruises I booked on Carnival were in 4J. I was told and accepted that I could be moved. Keep in mind, they can only upgrade, usually for a balcony or OV, depending how you booked. But I was never moved. Personally, I loved the little extra room they provided for the extra cost. Key word.. EXTRA COST. Carnival opens them up at a certain time when most of them are unsold, which is why I booked them. Will carnival not sail with open 4j rooms not sold? Of course not! What you are doing is totally appropriate. You are paying the extra cost for the room and taking the gamble for a cabin with more room with the knowing you can only get upgraded.

Edited by mrneil001

2 of the 4 cruises I booked on Carnival were in 4J. I was told and accepted that I could be moved. Keep in mind, they can only upgrade, usually for a balcony or OV, depending how you booked. But I was never moved. Personally, I loved the little extra room they provided for the extra cost. Key word.. EXTRA COST. Carnival opens them up at a certain time when most of them are unsold, which is why I booked them. Will carnival not sail with open 4j rooms not sold? Of course not! What you are doing is totally appropriate. You are paying the extra cost for the room and taking the gamble for a cabin with more room with the knowing you can only get upgraded.

First of all, you may NOT be upgraded, that's a fallacy. The OP is not cruising until October according to another thread. Booking a handicap cabin simply because it's bigger when you don't need it is akin to parking in a handicapped parking spot because it's closer. Bad form.

First of all, you may NOT be upgraded, that's a fallacy. The OP is not cruising until October according to another thread. Booking a handicap cabin simply because it's bigger when you don't need it is akin to parking in a handicapped parking spot because it's closer. Bad form.

Like it or not.. That's the way it works.. Just sayin

I booked both those cruises a week before departure, on a solo deal. Just so you know that I didn't book them with any mal intentions. I didn't intentionally ask for them, they were just available at a last min solo discount.

Karma is a b*tch

If it is wrong why would the PVP tell the OP to book it? He/she is more than willing to vacate the room if it is needed by someone else. Who should sail in it if there is no one who actually needs it?

Karma is a b*tch

Oh just stop. Get over yourself already. The PVP put me in it. That's Personal vacation planner if you don't know. You do realize carnival books these with non handicap people all the time. As I stated if someone needs the room I will be bumped. Seriously you need to get a clue.

Again the room the room provides handicap access. It's nothing like parking in a handicap spot. I guess you never stayed in a hotel, and stayed in a handicapped room, when you didn't ask for it. Happens a lot, but then again I travel a lot, and have a lot of real world experience.

If it is wrong why would the PVP tell the OP to book it? He/she is more than willing to vacate the room if it is needed by someone else. Who should sail in it if there is no one who actually needs it?

It's not wrong. carnival always sails full ships, and most of these rooms are filled with non-handicapped people.

Oh just stop. Get over yourself already. The PVP put me in it. That's Personal vacation planner if you don't know. You do realize carnival books these with non handicap people all the time. As I stated if someone needs the room I will be bumped. Seriously you need to get a clue.

I'm well aware what PVP stands for and the fact you're getting so testy is because you know it's wrong. BTW, other cruise lines won't do this. It's interesting that you didn't put handicapped in the original thread title. Pretty telling, no?

Sorry if my moral compass is operational. Yours is your own.

Edited by Swampbabe

I'm well aware what PVP stands for and the fact you're getting so testy is because you know it's wrong. BTW, other cruise lines won't do this. It's interesting that you didn't put handicapped in the original thread title. Pretty telling, no?

I really think your reading comprehension skills need some brushing up. Lets review. It's a cabin that's handicap accessible. It's not a cabin that is reserved exclusively for Handicapped people. Everyday cruise ships sail, with people who are not handicapped staying in handicapped accessible cabins.(shocking I know) If a handicapped person needs the cabin I get bumped. What part of that don't you comprehend? Lastly my moral compass is just fine. I get testy when some self righteous person tells me right from wrong. You know what you can do with your great big moral compass:D

It is not wrong - that is only your point of view. Other cruise lines DO book the handicap rooms to non handicapped people. The terms state that you can be moved if someone needs that cabin.

I cant believe how quickly some people on CC put someone down when they ask a simple question. This site is supposed to be about helping people with questions - Please, everyone, get of your high moral horses and stop trying to puff yourselves up by saying "oh, thats so wrong - you should follow my point of view" If something is allowed, then it is ok to do it - if the rules state differently, then it is not ok.

It is not wrong - that is only your point of view. Other cruise lines DO book the handicap rooms to non handicapped people. The terms state that you can be moved if someone needs that cabin.

I cant believe how quickly some people on CC put someone down when they ask a simple question. This site is supposed to be about helping people with questions - Please, everyone, get of your high moral horses and stop trying to puff yourselves up by saying "oh, thats so wrong - you should follow my point of view" If something is allowed, then it is ok to do it - if the rules state differently, then it is not ok.

Touche'! :D

The key word is universal. Individuals who have a disability simply want universal access, not a shrine . There is no need or reason to leave a stateroom empty. If anything, maybe those who don't have exposure to the worlds of those with disabilities, will recognize the advantages of universal access and incorporate it whenever possible.

Swampbabe....get over yourself. The cruiseline OFFERED it to him with stipulations.....geeze!!!

If no handicapped persons are in need....he keeps it and the cruiseline has sold a room. It's a win win! What....you want it to stay empty until someone handicapped swims up from the middle of the ocean and begs for a cabin! He didn't steal it.....take a breath!

I wouldn't book a handicapped room either if I didn't need one. I'm with you on this.

OMG read the thread. It's a handicap accessible room. If someone needs it I get bumped. Understand. Nobody is stealing rooms from poor crippled people. For god's sake. Seriously just turn around and ride away on the high horse you rode in on.

I asked a simple question, has anyone been bumped from these rooms. I didn't ask lets have a debate on the ethics of booking such rooms.

This always takes a bad turn, the holier-than-thou element always shows up and says "I would never" and compare it to parking in a handicap spot. So does that mean you/they don't use a handicap stall in the restroom when there are no disabled people present? Right! It's common sense, not morals, but you enjoy it up there on your high horse! Karma is a bitch alright, but that doesn't mean she sides with the judgmental nay-sayers.

Carnival's objective is to sail full, they don't care who is where. 4J's are a great deal and some of the HC cabins are indeed bigger. It is Carnival's responsibility to move people if they do not need an HC cabin and someone else does. And yes, I have been bumped from a 4J HC, and it is NOT a fallacy that they give you an upgrade; I got upgraded to a balcony cabin. That is a fact, not an opinion.

OMG!!! This is crazy!!! My DH and I have MANY cruises under our belt, but this is the first time our PVP ( Carnival) booked us in a HCA room. It's inside on the LIDO. There were 4 left, we sail in August. Guess I need to call and request an inside on deck 1. NOT!! If CCL needs it we are well aware we can be moved, not upgraded but moved to a cabin of equal value. CCL will call us if they need to move us and discuss the move with us..we have to be in agreement. Just saying

This always takes a bad turn, the holier-than-thou element always shows up and says "I would never" and compare it to parking in a handicap spot. So does that mean you/they don't use a handicap stall in the restroom when there are no disabled people present? Right! It's common sense, not morals, but you enjoy it up there on your high horse! Karma is a bitch alright, but that doesn't mean she sides with the judgmental nay-sayers.

Carnival's objective is to sail full, they don't care who is where. 4J's are a great deal and some of the HC cabins are indeed bigger. It is Carnival's responsibility to move people if they do not need an HC cabin and someone else does. And yes, I have been bumped from a 4J HC, and it is NOT a fallacy that they give you an upgrade; I got upgraded to a balcony cabin. That is a fact, not an opinion.

AMEN!!!! I don't know you from Adam, but I think we would get alone great!!! We think the same way!!

thanks this is what I was wondering, if anyone was ever moved to a balcony. to be honest I don't want to move. I want as far forward as I can get, and I love the idea, that I might hear the waves crashing. When I worked on board, my cabin sat just above the waterline and the sounds of the water was awesome. I miss that.