Upgrades-Always a bridesmaid, Never a bride

Kaibocan

META upgrade only....... from one cabin category to another IE-inside-outside,

outside-balcony, balcony-suite etc. ;)

No idea what NUM is.

Thank you

Sending e-mail to TA now to add this. As if :rolleyes: can't even get a spot at Chef's Table :D.

I think that the cruise lines like to hook new cruisers. On 40 cruises on Princess we've never had an upgrade, but did have one upsell. On our first cruise on Azamara we got a great upgrade from a balcony to their version of a suite.

I think that the cruise lines like to hook new cruisers. On 40 cruises on Princess we've never had an upgrade, but did have one upsell. On our first cruise on Azamara we got a great upgrade from a balcony to their version of a suite.

I absolutely agree with you!!

We have never been upgraded on any of our Princess cruises. Therefore I do not even know how it works. Do they notify you through your cruise personalized? Do they call? When does it usually happen? We are on the Oct 3 New England/Canada cruise and I am dreaming of an upgrade...

We were upgraded once on RCCL...from a balcony cabin to a Grand Suite!! Totally awesome & now I am spoiled!!

The upgrade fairy is extremely fickle. I was notified of an upgrade when I checked in and my travel agent usually gets the call and then calls me.

We were on our very first Princess cruise on May 27th and had booked an oceanview Plaza deck cabin. At check in we found out we had been upgraded to a balcony Emerald deck cabin. I danced all the way to my room!

We were on our very first Princess cruise on May 27th and had booked an oceanview Plaza deck cabin. At check in we found out we had been upgraded to a balcony Emerald deck cabin. I danced all the way to my room!

I love it! I'm glad you didn't have your heart set on the Plaza Deck location. Some people don't like their upgrades - especially when they are "upgraded" from their Caribe balcony to something else closer to the middle of the ship.

I'd love ANY upgrade on my next two cruises but really don't think it will happen. My next one has been sold out forever. :eek:

I can imagine how happy my wife would have been in your situation. What a great surprise.