Problem paying balance on website

happy cruzer

Anyone else make final payment on the website?

I decided that it would be quicker to pay online. And assumed:) that Celebrity would have that part of the site working correctly since it involves revenue.

One page show me paid in full. Another shows the amount that I paid including the original deposit and tips but says the tips are outstanding and the cruise is not paid in full.

I also was emailed two items: reservation which says I still need to pay tips and invoice which shows paid in full including tips.

It's a real pain since the final payment date is tomorrow. So a very short time to resolve this.

Has this happened to anyone else?

PS just noticed that the onboard credit disappeared from my booking online and is not mentioned on my invoice.

PSS just this minute received an email reminder to pay my balance or the cruise will be canceled in 2 days. The email show a 0 balance due.

Edited by happy cruzer

Celebrity need to sort this out, we had it too and I rang up to pay.

The rather helpful service person said many were having problems with the website and apologised but I was not happy I had to be on hold for 18 minutes on a 08 number.

Are you from the UK? So far it seems this is happening to us lot. The telephone centre is open til 5pm this afternoon by the way.

Edited by Velvetwater

This happened to me earlier in the week. Exactly the same thing. 2 emails, 2 amounts. The amount owning the day I paid was the gratuities. The next day it showed as a credit in the same amount. Later in the day, just as I was about to phone them it was fixed and showed 0 balance. I would phone asap only because your final payment is so close.

I don't have any Obc so can't speak to that.

I have been having quite a few problems with the online booking this time.

PS I'm in Canada.

Edited by paulajj

Thank you for the quick reply. I will stop stressing and just work through it calmly since I know it happened to someone else.

I think I will get an invoice that shows the OBC and pif so to print to take onboard. No more trusting the system.

______

I called it took 10 minutes and hold while the service person spoke to resolutions. But I now have a correct invoice showing pif and the OBC. So I saved an e copy and printed hard. I will avoid looking at the website anymore.

Edited by happy cruzer

Thank you for the quick reply. I will stop stressing and just work through it calmly since I know it happened to someone else.

I think I will get an invoice that shows the OBC and pif so to print to take onboard. No more trusting the system.

______

I called it took 10 minutes and hold while the service person spoke to resolutions. But I now have a correct invoice showing pif and the OBC. So I saved an e copy and printed hard. I will avoid looking at the website anymore.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago. Called Celebrity and they assured me it was paid in full and sent me an additional confirm to my email stating that the balance was paid in full. I'd call and speak with them just to be safe.

Easter2014 we were cruising on the Summit. About two weeks from payment date we tried to pay on line. Problems, so telephoned, cleared it. No problem. Checked on line 0 balance to pay.

About a week and a half later we received an email saying if our balance was not cleared our cruise could be cancelled. We logged on and an outstanding balance of 26pence was showing. We contacted Celebrity who in all fairness were really apologetic, tried to trace how the anomaly had happened.....

No issues followed but I still regularly check after payment that the balance stays at 0!