What happens if you share a drink package? Is there a drink limit?

Okay. Just clarifying. So, your holier-than-thou attitude is okay, and it's fine for you to bash other posters, because you don't approve of their point of view that using a beverage package other than intended is wrong.

Thanks for the clarification. :cool:

Nice of you to share your thoughts.

It both depends on the restaurants willingness to allow that to happen (some do, some don't) and in many cases, there are state or liquor laws that prohibit it. Even where allowed by both, there is sometimes a corkage fee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm told several gentlemen clubs allow you to bring your own liquor because of license issues with "exposure". ;)

This thread is just comical. I'm not saying I would go out and do it, but if somebody gets a drink or two during the week for their spouse on their card, it's not the end of the world by any means and you aren't going to Hell or the slammer for it.

The holier-than-thou characters around here seriously need to get a grip... and a hobby!

I don't think people are being 'holier than thou' as much as their trying to protect their own interests. It's just human nature. If it becomes culturally acceptable among cruisers to share a package the consequences could be higher prices or requiring all adults in a cabin to purchase it. I haven't bought the package on Royal yet because up until now it hasn't been worth it. That may change in October depending how my bar bill looks after day one.

What happens to the bartender who offers a free drink because you have tipped them during yoir trip?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Those bartenders are THIEFS! They should be FIRED! They are STEALING from RC! And those who tip them are contributing to said theft!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont really agree with that but thats the sort of logic some around here are using.

This thread has gone beyond ridiculous.

Does this mean that I am not allowed to give away a drink that I have purchased on my package?

Perfect example, this is why a limit per day should be the ultimate factor and not who drinks the beverage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Those bartenders are THIEFS! They should be FIRED! They are STEALING from RC! And those who tip them are contributing to said theft!

I dont really agree with that but thats the sort of logic some around here are using.

Haha perfect!

Haha perfect!

Id almost be willing to bet a months paycheck that those around here calling others thiefs for giving someone a drink off their drink package have NO problem with accepting a "free" drink from a bartender of which they have greased the palms of :cool:

The double standard is mind boggling.

Edited by ryano

A little off topic - I have read on CC that you do not have to buy the drink package for the whole cruise, just at least the last four days. Where does it say that on RCL's web site? Also, do they still have the Drink of The Day?

It's stated under the FAQ

The DOD is still available

Edited by Retired LEO

Except that, no, that's not the sort of logic people are using. It's just a caricature of it by yet another poster who wants to appear above the fray, or perhaps "holier-than-thou." :cool:

Except that, no, that's not the sort of logic people are using. It's just a caricature of it by yet another poster who wants to appear above the fray, or perhaps "holier-than-thou." :cool:

Well thank God we have you as an interpreter and voice of reason, right?

Well thank God we have you as an interpreter and voice of reason, right?

Absolutely! Otherwise, you and ryano would think your hyperbolic rants were helpful and justified.

(Okay, I know you probably still think that, even with my awesome and perfect voice of reason. :D)

Whatever. The last thing Im going to do today is sit here and get sucked into yet another argument with you :rolleyes:

If you cant see that giving someone a soda or a drink off of someone elses drink package is NO different than a bartender giving you a free drink after you greased their palms then thats your problem, not mine.

Go ahead and get the last word in on this one though. You know you have to.

Edited by ryano

It's stated under the FAQ

The DOD is still available

Good answer. Just providing the link, since it's not always that easy to find what you're looking for in FAQs:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5804

If you cant see that giving someone a soda or a drink off of someone elses drink package is NO different than a bartender giving you a free drink after you greased their palms then thats your problem, not mind.

Actually, I think a bartender comping a drink is a least somewhat different from someone choosing to not pay a drink that they're supposed to pay for. Maybe you can explain how the two are NO different.

But, of course, you were basing you rant on assumptions about what people would think about the two different scenarios, anyway, rather than what anyone said. I wouldn't generally use the "NO different" descriptions, as there are usually always differences in the things we compare, but I'm proposing that your attempts to slam people for being against sharing are not really any more noble than the attempts by them to slam people for sharing.

Yes, we even got a lesson in Algebra.:D

I've posted this before. Met a couple who had purchased 2 packages and decided they didn't "need" both so got a refund on one. He was getting the beer and she was getting the wine. I honestly don't think they thought they were doing anything wrong since they did not hesitate to say what they were doing. They just thought, beer/wine....you/me.

Just. Stop. Talking.

I will, if you will. :D

I know it's hard for you, since you want to bash and insult others without being called on it. You stop; I'll stop.

Edited by Paul65

Ten pages into this, and it's not obvious that the OP's question was answered (assuming that it was actually a question on procedure and not one of ethics).

If your DH orders a drink for him and a drink for you and only he has the package, one will be charged to the package and the other will be charged to his SeaPass.

As has been stated, if you both have the package both cards must be presented for the package to apply. So unless DH brings both cards when ordering, they will charge the second drink as above (he must have a SeaPass with the package for each drink ordered).

The package also offers a discount on a bottle of wine. If he purchases a bottle with the discount, that bottle may be shared with anyone (age appropriate).

3dog - I think three of the first four responses on the thread pretty directly addressed the OP's question. Not that there's any harm in you answering it again, but just thought I'd let you know that it didn't take 10 responses, much less 10 pages, to get to the right answer.

3dog - I think three of the first four responses on the thread pretty directly addressed the OP's question. Not that there's any harm in you answering it again, but just thought I'd let you know that it didn't take 10 responses, much less 10 pages, to get to the right answer.

Keep in mind that I was suggesting answers that differentiate between procedure (what will happen if DH orders two drinks) vs. ethics (will it be OK if DW has one of DH's package drinks).

Going back to the first four responses, I will admit that post 5 (the fourth response) did answer the procedural question, but the vast majority of what I read were tangents on ethics (probably missed or misread post 5 as I could see this digressing to yet another varying ethics thread).

Tough crowd here....I buy the package for me.....my wife pays as she goes.....no problems.....no worries....no cheating....

Great response. And this is how we do it on a very busy port crusie. A 3 day port in the Carribean, we both buy the pkg. A 5 day port in 7 days, she doesn't. (She doesn't drink as much as I do)

But to be honest, I don't care what others do. None of that bothers me. To each their own cruise. Likewise, I really don't care what others think about how I choose to cruise. If I wish to buy a drink for my wife or a new cruise friend, I will without considering how & why others feel slighted. It's none of their business.

It's none of my business either if I see or hear about drink sharing. We're all chilling and having a great time. It doesn't make sense to get mixed up and/or involved with how others enjoy their cruise unless it's a direct fringement upon my rights or their rights. It's a catch me if you can mentality for some and some do get caught. It is what it is.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin