Cabin Hacks

Sorry. This is a peeve of mine. It's DUCT tape, not DUCK tape. ��. Poor ducks we'd need to use to make tape.

lol. mine is when people say 'i could care less'.

its couldn't, 'i couldn't care less'. 95% of the time i read this its wrong.

and that is my pet peeve…..now back to the post. :D

Edited by tinkertwo

We have never understood why anyone would bring a pop up clothes hamper. That causes an extra problem on what to do with the suitcase. We simply plop a suitcase up right in the closet with the top zipped open and put the dirty clothes in that. That leaves one less suitcase under the bed.

Doug

I've always thought the same. Use the suitcase as a dirty clothes hamper ... when it's full, zip it up ... that much is now packed for home.

I hate it when people foolishly think ALOT is a word.

As I'm getting ready for my first cruise in about 15 years, I am really glad I found this thread! I am already incorporating several of the great suggestions and have wrapped some Duck® Brand tape around my plastic insect repellant spray bottle just to have some on hand - for whatever. Oh and BTW, this weekend I'll be going to the annual Duck Tape Festival right around the corner from my house. :D

Duct/Duck whatever.....Just found a new use on the last cruise. My husband bought a beer (on the way to the cabin) and the bartender thought he ordered two and opened both. Once at the cabin, I tore a piece of duct tape and placed it over the open bottle and pressed around the mouth of the bottle to seal. He didn't bother with it and then TWO DAYS later he decided to give it a try, and there was still fizz!

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I know. They made that name because so many people were confused about it anyway.

Wrong. Look up the history. "Duck" actually was the original name and came from the name of a type of cotton cloth used in making it.

So your peeve is based on your own misunderstanding.

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

Can you also purchase chips for blackjack and table games by charging to your onboard account, or do you have to do it through the slot machines and then cash out?

You can sign for them at the table.

Good luck

While we're at it.... Mine is "these ones".... It's THIS ONE or THAT ONE or THAT/THIS PAIR!!! Uggggg

Edited by SRV FAN

Wrong. Look up the history. "Duck" actually was the original name and came from the name of a type of cotton cloth used in making it.

So your peeve is based on your own misunderstanding.

Sent from my GT-I9300I using Tapatalk

But the gray (original) kind was originally made & used for sealing up AC/Heat DUCTS.... Hence the DUCT tape spelling. DUCK tape brand came later...

Edited by SRV FAN

But the gray (original) kind was originally made & used for sealing up AC/Heat DUCTS.... Hence the DUCT tape spelling. DUCK tape brand came later...

I don't believe that is the case. If you look at the Wikipedia entry for duct tape, it even indicates that it is not a good choice for sealing up Heating/AC ducts, and there are other, more appropriate, products for that purpose.

No, the original name came from so-called duck canvas, which was used as the base material for the tape. And it came to be called duct tape based on the mistaken belief by many that sealing duct-work was the original purpose of the tape.

But...I have my own pet peeves. One is when I see people write "of" instead of "'ve", as in "should of" or "could of", rather than should've or could've.

Edited by Paul65

Enough of the duck/duct tape. I use a school pencil box as my first aid kit. It's big enough to hold the small bottles of pepto, Tylenol, Benadryl, some band aids in multiple sizes, antibiotic ointment, a small pair of scissors, and tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough of the duck/duct tape. I use a school pencil box as my first aid kit. It's big enough to hold the small bottles of pepto, Tylenol, Benadryl, some band aids in multiple sizes, antibiotic ointment, a small pair of scissors, and tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea! I usually keep everything together in a fabric toiletry case, but I do like keeping everything separate and maybe keep in the closet instead of taking of limited bathroom space.

Dollar store--here I come!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean it's not for taping DUCKS back together? Aww man!

I have my own pet peeves. One is when I see people write "of" instead of "'ve", as in "should of" or "could of", rather than should've or could've.

Never knew which one I was SUPPOSE to use : )

That one gets me nuts.

OK - we hijacked the thread. Sorry!

But...I have my own pet peeves. One is when I see people write "of" instead of "'ve", as in "should of" or "could of", rather than should've or could've.

That is a pet peeve of mine too. I've realized that, at least in the area I live, kids are no longer being taught sentence structure so they write what they hear instead of realizing that "of" is incorrect because its a preposition, not a verb such as the proper word "have". After reading and grading the umpteenth college freshman paper with this mistake, I sometimes want to pull my hair out (or have a strong drink:)).

Back on topic: I love the idea of using a pencil box for a first aid kit.

Edited by katsmom1

We have never understood why anyone would bring a pop up clothes hamper. That causes an extra problem on what to do with the suitcase. We simply plop a suitcase up right in the closet with the top zipped open and put the dirty clothes in that. That leaves one less suitcase under the bed.

Doug

I've never understood why people put their suitcases under the bed? LOL!!!

Our suitcases (each of us has a 31", 27", 20" and a carry on) all nest inside each other and fit in the closet.

The pop up hampers (1 for each of us) sat in the corner closest to the balcony door. We had no problem walking around them in a D1 cabin. Since they are mesh the clothes in them can air out a little. No issue with smells although I may bring some dryer sheets next time as suggested here. On the last night I picked up the entire hamper and put it in the 27" suitcase. That was the laundry suitcase. LOL!!!

Edited by tlatrice

I've never understood why people put their suitcases under the bed? LOL!!!

Our suitcases (each of us has a 31", 27", 20" and a carry on) all nest inside each other and fit in the closet.

Because, if they're under the bed, they don't take up room in the closet. Are you saving all the under-bed room for something else?

Of course, if you have four suitcases each, you probably need to nest them together, no matter where you store them. :eek: