weather crossing the pacific in Sept?

eskiemomo

we are on board Disney going to Hawaii this September, and while I can look up average temperatures for the islands what is the temp like actually crossing the Pacific Ocean?

For those who have cruised to Hawaii, was it warm enough to lounge by the pool, hang out on deck, watch movie under the stars and so forth or was it too cool to really do much of that? I am talking specifically about the sea days spent sailing west from Vancouver BC to Hawaii. TIA!

Edited by eskiemomo

September will be just fine. Still basically summer-like temperatures in the Vancouver area in September. :)

...VTX-Al

Yup, we did that route in 2012 and 2014 and it was nice most of the time. I little grey and wet for part of one day on the 2014 trip but overall great.

We just did the crossing starting May 14th from Ensenada. The weather was too cold and wet to be outdoors for the first day and a half. Then some hardy folks began showing up on loungers at the pool (wrapped in towels) and we figured they were Canadians or Minnesotans!! By day three, the pool area was packed.

I will say that the weather in San Diego (Ensenada) the day of our departure was unseasonably cool and wet. But, we were surprised at the breezy and cool conditions for the first few days. Thought that leaving from this far south would not be a problem weather wise. Still had a great time!!

Edited by kapoho2