Birthday goodies?

My son's 16th birthday is a couple days before our trip and I've marked that we're celebrating his birthday on the guest information form. Do they usually actually do anything for special occasions? I had a birthday cake show up in my cabin on NCL when I had a trip a few days after my birthday a few years ago. I don't know if that's the norm for NCL or Carnival, or just a fluke.

Thanks!

My son's 16th birthday is a couple days before our trip and I've marked that we're celebrating his birthday on the guest information form. Do they usually actually do anything for special occasions? I had a birthday cake show up in my cabin on NCL when I had a trip a few days after my birthday a few years ago. I don't know if that's the norm for NCL or Carnival, or just a fluke.

Thanks!

Don't expect anything esp since it is not actually his birthday.

We purchased the birthday cabin decorations for our daughter and her friend when we sailed in March. (Both birthdays that month). I didn't expect much, but thought it would be fun. I was very surprised! It was quite a bit of stuff out up while we were at dinner-- nice surprise.

I also think I've seen something recently on your Manage tab that asked if you are celebrating anything.

Actually, what they should sing is:

Happy, happy birthday from the crew to you, hey! Happy, happy birthday over oceans blue, hey! Happy, happy birthday may all your dreams come true, hey!Happy, happy birthday from the crew to you!

Yes this has been sung on ships, and requires no use of a name.

I was on Sunshine in April and i listed my son and husband bday, one before cruise and one after. Unexpectantly at dinner one night they brought them each a dessert cake with a candle and sang them HB and made them silly napkins hats. It was a fun dinner.

I was on Sunshine in April and i listed my son and husband bday, one before cruise and one after. Unexpectantly at dinner one night they brought them each a dessert cake with a candle and sang them HB and made them silly napkins hats. It was a fun dinner.

This has been my experience as well when I checked the box in my bookings tab. I've also paid for the in cabin decorations and was happy with the price I paid. I have not had the cake from BV, but have heard that the cakes are good

Thanks!

You would need to order a birthday cake from Bon Voyage.

Carnival knows when everyone birthday is.

We have purchased cabin decorations a couple of times. I think now they have door decorations also.

Weather we purchase cabin decorations we always purchase a cake for delivery after diner in the main dining room. Any uneaten cake can be taken back to your cabin.

Actually, what they should sing is:

Happy, happy birthday from the crew to you, hey! Happy, happy birthday over oceans blue, hey! Happy, happy birthday may all your dreams come true, hey!Happy, happy birthday from the crew to you!

Yes this has been sung on ships, and requires no use of a name.

They do this for anniversaries too and honeymooners. Last cruise they brought out our table mates a special dessert, don't remember what it was, but it wasn't on the menu and they put a candle in in. So some of the waiters do actually do nice things if they know you are having a special occasion!

My bf's bday has happened during our last two cruises. He was given a bday card in the room and then on his bday for the main dining room they gave gave him a slice of pie with a candle in it. The second cruise he missed out on his bday pie :(