Soda on Allure Med Cruise

Can anyone confirm if the Mediterranean Cruise will have coke products?

thanks!

All Royal Caribbean cruises offer coca-cola drinks.

Now if it's the *other* type of coke you're after, look elsewhere ;)

well... I was looking at the soda package ... :eek:

I thought I had read on one of the boards the syrups used in Europe may not be the same as what American soda syrups taste like??

well... I was looking at the soda package ... :eek:

I thought I had read on one of the boards the syrups used in Europe may not be the same as what American soda syrups taste like??

Why don't you wait until you are onboard and try the soda before you buy a package.

Can you purchase the soda package once onboard- I thought you had to pre purchase. Is there a benefit to pre purchasing the soda package?

You can purchase all the unlimited beverage packages onboard. Prices are the same both pre-cruise and onboard.

Re: tasting the Coke before buying a package - that's interesting to me. If you walked up to a bar onboard and ordered a Coke, they would sell you a can of Coke. If you ordered a mixed drink, they would dispense the mixer from a gun. Difference. The gun might taste different than the can.

Be sure to specifically ask for what you want to taste.

All soft drinks manufactured in Europe are manufactured with sugar rather than the high fructose corn syrup used in the U.S. They do taste different, whether canned or from a fountain gun. Personally I prefer the EU soft drinks over the U.S. ones. I do not know if the syrup packs used by RCCL in Europe will be from the EU distributor or shipped in from the U.S. I think if you explained your concern, politely, to a bartender they would pour you a small sip from the soda gun without a charge. Try and find an open, uncrowded bar on embarkation day and see what happens.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

It’s been said that Coke Freestyle Machines is only available on ships cruising in US ports.

From what I have read elsewhere on the boards, previous guests on the Allure in the Med have said the Freestyle machines are working and dispensing all flavours :)

Can anyone confirm if the Mediterranean Cruise will have coke products?

thanks!

Allure has 2 freestyle machines in Windjammer, 2 in Royal Promenade next to Sorrentos. If you've bought a drinks package you use the cup provided, otherwise you can only get ice & water from them.

All bars have basic Coca Cola choices on spray, but cans are a charged for item.

Allure has 2 freestyle machines in Windjammer, 2 in Royal Promenade next to Sorrentos. If you've bought a drinks package you use the cup provided, otherwise you can only get ice & water from them.

All bars have basic Coca Cola choices on spray, but cans are a charged for item.

This was not the case on our Allure Transatlantic. My husband had the soda package, and he got Coke from the freestyle machines, by the glass from the bars, and frequently asked for the can of Coke with a glass of ice. They gave him whatever he wanted. He would frequently get the canned Coke because he prefers the flavor over the bar dispensers, and he didn't have to go back for a refill. He also liked to take a can back to the cabin for later.

This was not the case on our Allure Transatlantic. My husband had the soda package, and he got Coke from the freestyle machines, by the glass from the bars, and frequently asked for the can of Coke with a glass of ice. They gave him whatever he wanted. He would frequently get the canned Coke because he prefers the flavor over the bar dispensers, and he didn't have to go back for a refill. He also liked to take a can back to the cabin for later.

Never asked for cans myself & my kids don't drink sodas but overheard someone complaining about being charged, drinks package small print does state items like canned soda, bottled juices & Evian are not included in the offer.

Agree about the taste difference I thought the Allure's Freestyle machine dispensed a very average product the couple of times I tried it.

Never asked for cans myself & my kids don't drink sodas but overheard someone complaining about being charged, drinks package small print does state items like canned soda, bottled juices & Evian are not included in the offer.

Agree about the taste difference I thought the Allure's Freestyle machine dispensed a very average product the couple of times I tried it.

My husband never knew cans were not included, and no server anywhere on the Allure for 13 days ever told him he could not have the can and a glass of ice. I don't think the actual practice on board the ships matches up with the fine print in a lot of cases.

My husband never knew cans were not included, and no server anywhere on the Allure for 13 days ever told him he could not have the can and a glass of ice. I don't think the actual practice on board the ships matches up with the fine print in a lot of cases.

Too true, whenever you're in a different bar or get a different server ask first is probably the best advice.

Freestyle machines are up and running on the Allure for the Med cruises.

Has been the same on the Oasis last year.

The advantage of buying the Soda Package in advance is that you should not pay the 10% Spanish VAT which you definitely have to pay when you purchase it onboard.

steamboats