Do they confiscate youre seapass when disembarking Allure - Med?

They took our passes off us when we disembarked at Rome on Thursday. Bit upset as I wanted them for my holiday scrapbook.

See post 16 on page one. That person had a great idea, which I would have done, had I known they were going to keep my card. Might not be a bad idea for any cruise taken in the future.

We had to surrender our Seapass cards on a B2B cruise on Serenade out of Puerto Rico. They took our first week cards and gave us our new ones for week 2. The international ambassador said that they would return them to our stateroom...but they never did.

Thanks for the info. Can anyone that has done B2B's let us know if this is a common practice?

We are doing B2B on Serenade in 2016. I keep our cards as souvenirs to remember where we have been. May just have to lose one during the first week. ;)

Thanks for the info. Can anyone that has done B2B's let us know if this is a common practice?

We are doing B2B on Serenade in 2016. I keep our cards as souvenirs to remember where we have been. May just have to lose one during the first week. ;)

On Allure this March we got to keep them.

We had to surrender our Seapass cards on a B2B cruise on Serenade out of Puerto Rico. They took our first week cards and gave us our new ones for week 2. The international ambassador said that they would return them to our stateroom...but they never did.

We were on Jewel B2B last Chritsmas/New Year's from San Juan. They never took our Seapass cards.

Rick and Deirdra

We've done a couple of B2Bs and have always kept our Seapass cards. I usually manage to deactivate one and keep that just in case, but it hasn't been necessary yet.

I was on 3 B2B from Sydney to Istanbul. After the 2nd B2B in Dubai, Security said they had to keep the seapass card. Really? I've never had that happen before in the 20 years of sailing. He kept it, but when we returned to the ship after our excursion I asked for the card back. They searched, found it and gave it back to me.

The cards are automatically deactivated when you get off the ship. I always want to keep it JUST IN CASE a cruise disappears from my history. That way I have proof that I was on that cruise.

We've done a couple of B2Bs and have always kept our Seapass cards. I usually manage to deactivate one and keep that just in case, but it hasn't been necessary yet.

Thank you for the info.

BTW those of you with sharp eyes probably already noticed we will be B2B on Jewel not Serenade.

See post 16 on page one. That person had a great idea, which I would have done, had I known they were going to keep my card. Might not be a bad idea for any cruise taken in the future.

Yes, I am constantly getting my card reactivated as I tend to de-magnetise them anyway.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Allure last Thursday and we disembarked in Rome. OUR Seapass cards were confiscated when we disembarked, however, there were others that disembarked and got to keep their cards. I think it just depended on the person who was scanning your card. This was different than the other 10 cruises with Royal that we have been on.