please please please help with wt limit twister

girlsjustwannacruise

omg... we booked the passion island by twister through carnival. I read over and over the wt limit was 300 lbs. so I booked. I went back to review and noticed that on carnivals web site it says 240 lbs!!!!!! we already booked and one fella in our group is prob 270 lbs.

Anyone have experience with this??? I am not sure what to do at this point....

I would advise everyone in your group of ALL the restrictions for that excursion, which would include the weight limit. Then it'd be up to him to decide if he can (or wants) to go on the excursion.

If his weight is over, then he (or you) should check with the Excursion Desk as soon as you board for your cruise. The Carnival rep should be able to tell you if Carnival will refund his money if he's denied. Or he can cancel his ticket if he doesn't want to risk not getting a refund if he's cancelled.

In other words, make it HIS decision / problem -- not yours. After all, you don't even know for sure if he's actually overweight or by how much. Plus he's the one who will lose his money if he's denied with no refund so he has the right to decide.

Note: it's very unlikely that Carnival would refund everyone else's excursion money if he's denied at the ride so he might have to sit and wait for everyone else going on the ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Three years ago, we took the Twister ride to Passion Island. My over 6-ft. tall husband was at around 300 lbs., and that was obvious. Not at all physically fit, if you know what I mean. They put him in a specific seat and put one of our small kids near him, so he would have plenty of space. The seatbelt straps were tight, but worked.

I suspect that if all of the passengers who walked up were heavy set, it wouldn't work, but we walked up with three children, allowing for extra space (and weight limit) for the operator to work around.

• 1 month later...