Laundry

peach1959

If you want irons and washing/dryers as much then sail Princess (Ruby).

IMG_0826.jpg

Azamara also has washers/dryers and irons for guests use. The danger is when people iron in their staterooms. I have been in hotels where a guest had started a fire with an iron burning the quilt. I, for one, do not need washers/dryers/irons when on vacation.

Check the Celebrity FAQ for laundry services and pricing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Better yet, buy clothes that don't require ironing if properly packed. Don't iron at home so why would I iron on my cruise vacation? Don't buy clothes that need dry cleaning or ironing. Must be wash/dry/hand/wear. When one is retired one doesn't have time for ironing.

If you send clothes out to the cleaners, I would not do so but have them dry cleaned on the ship. They come back quick and neat. Price's are very competitive. Prices are similar to what I pay at my house in Pa and cheaper than my home in NJ.

Also not mentioned is that steamers are forbidden.

Edited by dkjretired

I do not recommend the laundry services on the ship. Things will come back faded and 3 sizes too small - I believe they wash everything all together in hot water and use a high heat dryer. :mad: One cruise we had a couple of hundred dollars worth of damage. I for one would love to be able to do my own laundry on the ship - not an option though.

Dry cleaning does appear to be of good quality and we've not had anything come back from it damaged.

No irons for your use. Bring cash and you can have items ironed. (someone will note that you can charge the ironing to your account)

The comment in bold is better advice. Bringing cash to have laundry done will only be useful if you use it to pay off your end of cruise balance. All laundry will be delivered back to your room and charged to your account. You don't pay in cash at the time your items are delivered.

Better yet, buy clothes that don't require ironing if properly packed. Don't iron at home so why would I iron on my cruise vacation? Don't buy clothes that need dry cleaning or ironing. Must be wash/dry/hand/wear. When one is retired one doesn't have time for ironing.

Many people buy clothes based on style/fit/quality and then care for the garments as prescribed. Ideally this means wash, dry, fold/hang, but sadly that is often not the case. That being said, I have no time for ironing either, which is why my dry cleaning bill is so much!!

I have to completely disagree that clothes come back three sizes too small, etc.

We have had laundry done on every cruise, even before we got it free with our perks on reaching elite status. Now, we don't send out silks or things I would normally hang up to dry. If those need washing I use the body gel provided in the room and hang them up to dry. But we send out tee shirts, shorts, underwear, jeans, etc. and they come back perfect. I asked our butler once if they do everything in hot and he said he didn't believe they did. Bedding yes but not colors - but that's what he said, I can't swear by it.

There may be occasions when things come back shrunk but perhaps they shouldn't have been sent at all. Just hand wash what you need and only send basic things you know they can't hurt.

I think I may have had one pair of capris come back a bit small once. But it may or may not have been the fault of one too many black and white cookies from Cafe al Bacio...

Hi

Do they have irons & ironing board in the staterooms on Eclipse or at least anywhere you can use an iron?

Thanks

No irons, and don't bring one it will be confiscated. Celebrity does a nice job for a reasonable rate that can be charged to your room. enjoy..leave the work home.

They are NOT a "fire hazard"...it's just that they want you to PAY for ironing. Other lines have irons, and none have gone up in flames, yet!

This is so true!

None of those "other lines" let you use them in your room, so your claim of a conspiracy to get people to pay more is rather week. :rolleyes:

If you don't like the policy on cruise lines that don't have ironing rooms, there are plenty of choices that do which would eliminate the reason some people complain so much about having to pay. If a person voluntarily chooses a line that doesn't have laundry facilities, they have only themselves to blame if they don't like the fact they have to send things out.

Oh wait, I forgot. We live in a world where personal responsibility for one's decisions is no longer the norm. It is now de rigueur for some people to blame everyone else.

Edited by sloopsailor

None of those "other lines" let you use them in your room, so your claim of a conspiracy to get people to pay more is rather week. :rolleyes:

If you don't like the policy on cruise lines that don't have ironing rooms, there are plenty of choices that do which would eliminate the reason some people complain so much about having to pay. If a person voluntarily chooses a line that doesn't have laundry facilities, they have only themselves to blame if they don't like the fact they have to send things out.

Oh wait, I forgot. We live in a world where personal responsibility for one's decisions is no longer the norm. It is now de rigueur for some people to blame everyone else.

I wish I could find the post but about five years ago there was great, simple and straightforward explanation of how the electrical systems on cruise ships are manufactured and set up. When you read it, it became clear that this is more of an overload situation than a fire hazard. I have been trying off and on for over a year to try this thread but can't seem to locate it.

I think this is the primary reason but making money also fits in there somehow.

Also, I was a Police Officer, went to many fires started by irons.

Edited by dkjretired