Free UBP and gratuities

NCL is offering the UBP for free through the end of June. Did they always charge gratuities when you chose this free option or is that a new thing?

They only just started the 18% grats recently, the earlier promo's Apr/May they did not charge the 18%.

We secure both our our cruise and took UDP and no 18%

For us we only eat in the specialty restaurants and used to alway's tip but when I will stop once I get hit with the 18%.

NCL is offering the UBP for free through the end of June. Did they always charge gratuities when you chose this free option or is that a new thing?

New with current promo. :(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thank you for the clarification. It seems odd but no wonder they brought the offer back for a month. It seems NCL is tweaking these different free offers to see how they work out. From the bartenders and servers' perspective, it makes sense they would still get a tip :), but from my pocket's perspective not so much. :(

Thank you for the clarification. It seems odd but no wonder they brought the offer back for a month. It seems NCL is tweaking these different free offers to see how they work out. From the bartenders and servers' perspective, it makes sense they would still get a tip :), but from my pocket's perspective not so much. :(

Well I too am not so sure the staff are seeing it all if any. But just gonna have go with my gut.

Well I too am not so sure the staff are seeing it all if any. But just gonna have go with my gut.

We booked two earlier with the tips inluded! 😃 Even paying the tips is a good deal for the drinkers among us! 😏

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

We booked two earlier with the tips inluded! Even paying the tips is a good deal for the drinkers among us!

I agree! We normally end up drinking AND buying the four or six bottle of wine package to have with dinner. So this is still a good deal!

Thought I would clarify that the promotion runs until the end of JULY....it's only the FREE 3rd -8th guest part that is capacity controlled and those dates can be pulled and changed to 50% at any time making the promotion a limited time option on those.

From the terms and conditions on the bottom of the promotion page.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15

Booking Window: 6/1/15 - 7/31/15 11:59 pm EST

We booked Breakaway last week and the 18% gratuity is just fine with us because this is a great deal. I mean my wife and I did not believe the deal, we had to look into it to understand just how great the deal is. We canceled the cruise we booked the week before to change from OBC to this, well we canceled to get a different cabin and this was a bonus for doing so.

we will only have about 3 drinks per day so not as great a deal to us, but that's life.:)

Bill

We don't drink much either, but when you add in the free sodas that are also included in UBP, it still works out as a good promo deal for us. If it wasn't a free promo with booking, we wouldn't buy the UBP.

We don't drink much either, but when you add in the free sodas that are also included in UBP, it still works out as a good promo deal for us. If it wasn't a free promo with booking, we wouldn't buy the UBP.

Same here. I wonder if they have any decaf soda? Cant drink caffeine.

Bill

Same here. I wonder if they have any decaf soda? Cant drink caffeine.

Bill

Same here, I don't drink much, my wife might have a glass of wine or two at dinner but the free soda its a great, great deal. I think its a crazy good deal.

So if you get "free" UBP, you pay 18% gratuity? I had it the first week in May. The price was raised 18%, as was the UDP which I purchased, but I did not pay gratuities. They were listed on each drink receipt, but covered by UBP.

Booking date, but we have found it can be "tweeked".

We first had airfare credit because POA cannot offer UBP. Then, excursion credit per port came on and we switched to excursion credit since we did our own airfare. We are in Suite and sailing January 2016. We have OBC, UDP , and excursion credit per port.

We are booked in the haven 2 bedroom on jan3. We have obc udp and ubp and the illuminarium is supposed to be included the first night but im feeling a little sceptical that all these free perks will play out as promised. Our ubp stated it included tips as well....just not sure they can handle all the different udp and ubp terms and conditions as it seems they change every month! Nonetheless Jan cant come soon enough!

with the UBP will your butler deliver to your? Or how do you get one or two drinks delivered to the room.

You either go to a bar and bring them back to your cabin yourself, or else you order them from room service and pay full cost plus gratuity. UBP does not cover drinks delivered by butler or room service.

You either go to a bar and bring them back to your cabin yourself, or else you order them from room service and pay full cost plus gratuity. UBP does not cover drinks delivered by butler or room service.

But, you do get soda and water replenished with suites and up. I am not sure though with suites and up with a butler if you pay a fee for room service. It says it includes room service, but, it says the same on regular rooms and they charge a $5.00 fee. Maybe someone could tell me?