Dreamliner

Jinn

My children are on the B787 right now on their way from DFW to PEK. They are in 1L and 2L. 1L is forward facing tucked in the corner. My daughter said it is very private and quiet.

My son is right behind her in 2L. He is rear facing. From the photo it looks like it is not direct forward or rear facing but more of an angle that faces the window in 1L and 2L looks like his back is to the window.

The whole reason they took this trip was entirely to fly on the Dreamliner. The fact that they get to spend a few days in Beijing is just an extra perk.

They fly a 777 home and are curious if there will be any noticeable changes between the 787 cabin pressure to 6000 ft vs 8000 ft of the 777.

My son flew it from ORD to DFW a few weeks ago and took video of the wing flex. It was pretty impressive to see how much they flex.

I will find out a bit more detail when they get home in a few days.

I flew on BA numerous times on a back facing seat. I like it, specially during take off and landing it gives you an odd feeling which goes in against your natural reaction on take offs and landings :-)

I haven't flown on the 787, but as I recall, the seats on the planes I flew on (777 & 747 mostly) were all really facing backwards or forward.

Here's a good link which will give you a pretty accurate overview of the cabin layout:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

>>The whole reason they took this trip was entirely to fly on the Dreamliner. The fact that they get to spend a few days in Beijing is just an extra perk. <<

What fun to take a flight just for the plane. Thank you for the info. I have read a review/blog in which the writer says he thinks the backward-facing seats are better. I will be flying on the 788 in Jan. Jinn

The kids agree that 2A or L would be the best. If you can't get a different rear facing seat they felt then 1 A or L would be good since it is so private.

They both had difficulties with their IFE systems but were given tablets instead. They said there weren't as many choices but it still kept them entertained until they went to sleep.

They said sleeping was "awesome". My son felt the seat "really wraps around you and feels so private".

They are enjoying Beijing even though they are there for a few short days. Looks like we will all have to go back.

Enjoy your flight.

I flew on BA numerous times on a back facing seat. I like it, specially during take off and landing it gives you an odd feeling which goes in against your natural reaction on take offs and landings :-)

I haven't flown on the 787, but as I recall, the seats on the planes I flew on (777 & 747 mostly) were all really facing backwards or forward.

Here's a good link which will give you a pretty accurate overview of the cabin layout:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/British_Airways/British_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

Reminds me of flying into or off of an aircraft carrier, where your seat is back facing.

My children are on the B787 right now on their way from DFW to PEK. They are in 1L and 2L. 1L is forward facing tucked in the corner. My daughter said it is very private and quiet.

My son is right behind her in 2L. He is rear facing. From the photo it looks like it is not direct forward or rear facing but more of an angle that faces the window in 1L and 2L looks like his back is to the window.

The whole reason they took this trip was entirely to fly on the Dreamliner. The fact that they get to spend a few days in Beijing is just an extra perk.

They fly a 777 home and are curious if there will be any noticeable changes between the 787 cabin pressure to 6000 ft vs 8000 ft of the 777.

My son flew it from ORD to DFW a few weeks ago and took video of the wing flex. It was pretty impressive to see how much they flex.

I will find out a bit more detail when they get home in a few days.

Do they happen to be nonrev passengers? :) My husband and I are planning a run on this plane, shortly, as well, just for the plane, not mattering where it goes. His priority to fly it.

No, they are paying customers. They like to play with the stock market and did well last year.

They really enjoyed the 787. They felt much better after flying on the Dreamliner as far as air quality and humidification compared to the 777 they flew home.

Their flight home on a 777 was in First and felt Business on the 787 was much better. Of course, the 787 was new and the 777 was much older but they had a great time and loved the Dreamliner.

They have their sights on an A380 next. We are out of O'hare so we don't have them here...yet.

Happy Travels.

No, they are paying customers. They like to play with the stock market and did well last year.

They really enjoyed the 787. They felt much better after flying on the Dreamliner as far as air quality and humidification compared to the 777 they flew home.

Their flight home on a 777 was in First and felt Business on the 787 was much better. Of course, the 787 was new and the 777 was much older but they had a great time and loved the Dreamliner.

They have their sights on an A380 next. We are out of O'hare so we don't have them here...yet.

Happy Travels.

Nobody is flying A380's out of O'hare..wow. I would have figured that would have been one of the first places a OneWorld or Stat Alliance carrier would have used them with it being a United and American hub and all.

I believe it's because we do not have the gates to accommodate loading the passengers. O'hare has the runways just not the gates.

It is in the works to upgrading a couple in Terminal 5 so that by sometime in 2016 we can get a few flights using A 380's.

I believe it's because we do not have the gates to accommodate loading the passengers. O'hare has the runways just not the gates.

It is in the works to upgrading a couple in Terminal 5 so that by sometime in 2016 we can get a few flights using A 380's.

Time for a road trip to say DFW, LAX or someplace that has the gates. :D

Happy Travels.

Good to know as I am flying business class in the Dreamliner to South America in January.:D

Time for a road trip to say DFW, LAX or someplace that has the gates. :D

LAX is becoming "A380 central". Of the 13 airlines with A380's, 9 fly them to LAX. At certain times of the day there's 5-8 A380 departures in an hour's time.

Edited by kenish

LAX is becoming "A380 central". Of the 13 airlines with A380's, 9 fly them to LAX. At certain times of the day there's 5-8 A380 departures in an hour's time.

I'd go for DXB on 380-central. Of course, most of these enormous giants are from EK.

But as far as the US, LAX takes the crown I think :-)

Edited by headhunterke