MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Enjoying your review (as always :) ), especially as I await my turn in October to go to Bermuda on Carnival Splendor. I have posted some of your posts in this review to our roll call thread.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Thanks for the comments and I hope you have a wonderful time in Bermuda. I didn't realize the Splendor went there too? I just found out the other day that the Pride will be going there. I loved the Pride. <3

Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll try to help if I have the answer.

Thanks for the get well wishes. :)

• Like 1

Hehe, thank you for joining in and commenting. I appreciate it. :)

Really? So is this normal? LOL I ended up with it on our first sea day on the way back (I think, but would have to go back and read my notes). It's driving me nuts. It gets really bad at night and in the morning I feel like I can't catch my breath. The more I cough, the harder it gets to catch my breath and I'm self-diagnosing myself with COPD at this point. LOL Like seriously I almost considered going to the ER last night it was so bad. It's been a week now. I'm hoping it stops soon. My patients are going to start to think I'm infecting them instead of the other way around. :eek:

Could be bronchitis, especially if the area under your sternum hurts/burns when you cough. Get yourself to a doctor. You need an inhaler, cough suppressant, and maybe an antibiotic. Been there, it does NOT get better on its own.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

Kim, Kim, Kim...excellent review as always! I've been MIA from the boards for awhile, life has been busy busy busy. So crazy how Sakari has grown.!Also Kevin is smiling and enjoying this review, I know it:cool:

After a Jewel cancellation fiasco, we are scheduled to sail the Dawn in February for a 5 1/2 month late 50th birthday for me!

Keep it coming I'm enjoying it all!

Thanks for the links on what they are called. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the get well soon. I'm hoping it happens soon.

Lucky you going on the Magic. I have had the Magic and the Breeze on my WANT TO BADLY list for awhile now. Since the dancing of the ships, it looks like I may just go ahead and book the Magic soon (next year) since it will be coming to Port Canaveral. :D

Um Nachi...yes, it has shade but I guess it would determine where you are located. I know the little beach chairs with the thatched umbrella they put us at when we arrived wouldn't have provided too much shade. You would have to follow the shade around depending on the time of day.

Thanks for the photos - that was very helpful in ruling out Nachi Cocum. I found out Mr. Sanchos offers Palapa covered king size bed "cabanas" That may work out for us better. My husband is an Aussie and has a pink complexion (I call him my "English Rose" much to his chagrin (LOL!), so I really need for him to be in the shade and even so, he has to use 100 SPF to prevent burning.

I think Shrek came one day to help them out with the footprints. What other explanation could there be?

[/font][/size][/color]

There's an urban legend that there's a Yeti like creature in Bermuda, but I believe those green footprints are just meant to lead you to Snorkel Park Beach.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Here's the reference about the green footprints:

"This is a small controlled pay beach that many buy access along with extras on their cruise ship. Clean beach and water. Clean area. Green footprints on the sidewalks from the dock lead you to the beach. It is a short walk. It only cost (at the time) $5 to get in if you did not buy a cruise excursion...."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6lZn7Pq7ehkJ:www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2437054-d147475-Reviews-Snorkel_Park_Beach-Somerset_Village_Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

Thank you for the fun trip report. I'm following this one and just finished your Getaway cruise.

Did you get in trouble for taking pictures of the kids club through the window like on your other cruise? Haha!

HoopTroop

Glad you like the review. Lucky you to be going to Bermuda every year for 7 years. I wish I could say the same, but hopefully that will change now that I know what it's all about. So sorry you will not be going this time. :) I don't know how any review could give me a "fix" on cruising...just saying. :D

I only meant that your review is giving me my "Fix" on Bermuda for the year. We are sailing in October for a 13 day repo cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. Never would pictures take care of my need to cruise. LOL

Thanks so much Heather. I appreciate it.

Keep on cruising.

I noticed that my comment came out in between your comments. Just want to make sure you know that no pictures could give me my "Fix" for a year of cruising. DH and I are headed out in October on the Brilliance of the Seas for her repo cruise to the southern Caribbean for 13 day cruise. This cruise will make us Diamond on Royal Caribbean with 82 days on board their ships. It will be our 13th cruise. We've also done Princess, NCL, Holland American, and Celebrity. I know, compared to some, we are just beginners but we have loved each and every one of them.

Kim thanks for the links to Kev's reviews. I am going to read them tonight. We never get sick after a cruise, but DH was sick as a dog after we got home from our Liberty B2B cruise in January. It's the FIRST cruise we have flown to in I think 8 years. I have often heard people complain they get sick after flying. Close quarters/germs=sickness. Hope you feel better soon. Pamster is right: might be time to get checked out and take some Rx meds. LOVE the sunset pictures. In all the times we have been to Bermuda, we never went to the Dockyard, so I am enjoying the tour!

I do want to mention this before I forget....

Kendra's son has a different last name that hers.

Kendra's bf's sister is the mother of Shayla, who has a different last name.

So...when you have a child with a different last name than the parents, they WILL request a birth certificate when you go back to the ship in security. They let them slide this time around, but requested that they bring it with them each time after that.

They also request your ID along with your ship card.

I just wanted to mention this before I forgot in case others need to know this information. :)

Oh yikes. It sounds like we got lucky on our recent cruise. I've kept my maiden name but we didn't bring DS's birth certificate. And we don't always reboard all together.

My DD is an RN in the ER here and this year she said there has been a lot of cases coming in with RSV. Usually this virus is only seen in the ER in very young children but this year it seems to be affecting adults. Lasts longer than a regular cold and has symptoms like asthma or bronchitis. Takes a while to recover.

Could be bronchitis, especially if the area under your sternum hurts/burns when you cough. Get yourself to a doctor. You need an inhaler, cough suppressant, and maybe an antibiotic. Been there, it does NOT get better on its own.

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

Yea, that's what I have been thinking I might have as well. I plan on calling next week if it's not any better. I have been living off Dayquil/Nyquil, nose spray and cough drops.

Kim, Kim, Kim...excellent review as always! I've been MIA from the boards for awhile, life has been busy busy busy. So crazy how Sakari has grown.!Also Kevin is smiling and enjoying this review, I know it:cool:

After a Jewel cancellation fiasco, we are scheduled to sail the Dawn in February for a 5 1/2 month late 50th birthday for me!

Keep it coming I'm enjoying it all!

I wondered where you had been. Glad you are back.

Fingers crossed Kev is getting a good laugh at my trip so far. ;)

Where will you be sailing the Dawn in in February? February is my birthday too and it will be my 50th. I need to find a good cruise for then. LOL :p

Thanks for the photos - that was very helpful in ruling out Nachi Cocum. I found out Mr. Sanchos offers Palapa covered king size bed "cabanas" That may work out for us better. My husband is an Aussie and has a pink complexion (I call him my "English Rose" much to his chagrin (LOL!), so I really need for him to be in the shade and even so, he has to use 100 SPF to prevent burning.

Hmm, just wondering why the photos helped "rule out" Nachi? There is shade as long as you are around the palm tree area.

I have reviews for both Nachi and Mr Sanchos if you are interested in seeing more pics of either place. :)

There's an urban legend that there's a Yeti like creature in Bermuda, but I believe those green footprints are just meant to lead you to Snorkel Park Beach.

They have to go past snorkel park though because the bus stop is on down from there and they have foot prints there. Maybe it just depends on the color (and size) of the footprints on where you are going. lol

It's too bad your first day in Bermuda didn't go exactly as planned, but you did find yourself on a beautiful beach and it looked like everyone had fun. I really loved your sunset pictures!

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Yea I know. I was really bummed about it. That was one thing that I was really looking forward to and getting awesome pictures from there. Maybe next time.

Here's the reference about the green footprints:

"This is a small controlled pay beach that many buy access along with extras on their cruise ship. Clean beach and water. Clean area. Green footprints on the sidewalks from the dock lead you to the beach. It is a short walk. It only cost (at the time) $5 to get in if you did not buy a cruise excursion...."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6lZn7Pq7ehkJ:www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g2437054-d147475-Reviews-Snorkel_Park_Beach-Somerset_Village_Sandys_Parish_Bermuda.html+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

But that is just a like to trip advisor and something someone posted on there in their review. That doesn't necessarily tell me what the footprints are for or where they go since I have a picture of the green footprints leading way past the beach and on past the bus stop:

P6070737%20copy-L.jpg

Thank you for the fun trip report. I'm following this one and just finished your Getaway cruise.

Did you get in trouble for taking pictures of the kids club through the window like on your other cruise? Haha!

HoopTroop

Haha, nope, I was not caught this time around. :D

Kim thanks for the links to Kev's reviews. I am going to read them tonight. We never get sick after a cruise, but DH was sick as a dog after we got home from our Liberty B2B cruise in January. It's the FIRST cruise we have flown to in I think 8 years. I have often heard people complain they get sick after flying. Close quarters/germs=sickness. Hope you feel better soon. Pamster is right: might be time to get checked out and take some Rx meds. LOVE the sunset pictures. In all the times we have been to Bermuda, we never went to the Dockyard, so I am enjoying the tour!

You are very welcome. Have fun with them. He was quite the character.

I never ever get sick. Like I can't remember the last time I was ever sick. I have only had the flu once in my life and I think I was around 8 years old. I think from so many years of working in the hospital, I have built up a high immune system. I will have days I feel "under the weather", but I'm never sick and I have never called off work since I was in my 20's.

We came back to a big advisory not to use the water due to nitrates in the water above levels that they should be. There was an advisory not to drink it or even cook in it because that makes it worse. Of course they say it's mainly for the elderly, babies and breast feeding moms. But, with my "respiratory illness" at the moment, I'm not taking any chances. Then just a few days ago another water advisory for some buildings down town that tested positive for Legionella bacteria. (The bacteria sicken people who inhale tiny droplets suspended in the air and then develop pneumonia. Those who are frail or have other medical problems are especially vulnerable to severe infections and death.) So it's just been a cluster flark since we returned home. (The first advisory was discovered on Monday while we were gone and they had no idea what was wrong with the water at the time they discovered it). :eek:

I'm all caught up again. Thanks Kim, for bringing back a lot of GREAT memories. I'm way overdue in getting back there!! :)

Thanks for reading and glad I could bring back some memories. :)

Oh yikes. It sounds like we got lucky on our recent cruise. I've kept my maiden name but we didn't bring DS's birth certificate. And we don't always reboard all together.

Yes, you must be lucky because we heard them asking everyone for birth certificates if they didn't have the same last name.

Now someone tell me why a rooster is up in the tree?

P6070726%20copy-L.jpg

[/font][/size][/color]

Hi Kim, I grew up in the Island. We have a lot of free ranging chickens in our yard. Believe it or not they go in the tree every evening to roost (or sleep). They come down in the morning.

Edited by Kfoot

My DD is an RN in the ER here and this year she said there has been a lot of cases coming in with RSV. Usually this virus is only seen in the ER in very young children but this year it seems to be affecting adults. Lasts longer than a regular cold and has symptoms like asthma or bronchitis. Takes a while to recover.

Oh just great...:eek:

Your review is great and the photos are fantastic, you have a very artistic eye.

Thanks so much for the comments. Glad you are enjoying it.

Hi Kim, I grew up in the Island. We have a lot of free ranging chickens in our yard. Believe it or not they go in the tree every evening to roost (or sleep). They come down in the morning.

Really? I didn't realize that. LOL It was the first time I had ever seen one in the tree. He wasn't too happy when we got under him. All I wanted was a picture. LOL :p