MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Congratulations on your new Platinum status! :cool:

I think you should celebrate by booking another cruise! :D

I think I like your line of thought. :D

I have to agree with you 100%. As a first time poster...she will get eaten alive here if she makes any more posts like that. My theory is if you don't like the style or writing of someone's report, then you move on and don't comment. Everyone is different, everyone has different lifestyles, everyone has different writing styles and you can choose to read it or not.

I know how much work it involves to write a trip report and I appreciate ones like this so much.

Thank you. I agree. I always move on as well if I don't like something. So...that's what I'm doing with this subject as well..moving on. :p

Amazing review!! Thanks so much for your time and dedication. I know you still have a REAL LIFE outside of this forum, but you never faltered. I'll say this again: some of your scenic Bermuda shots are simply amazing and should really be shared with National Geographic or something. I'll be using a few of those scenes as wallpapers for sure!!

I've even picked up some new ideas on planning and organizing our future family cruises. Definitely looking into booking H2O for our September Bermuda trip.

QUESTION: Mom is just about 70, and doesn't like water sports at all. Can she stay behind, and wait in the office, or the shack, while hubby and I do the jet skiis at H2O?

Thank you so much for your kind words. I truly appreciate it and glad I have given you some new ideas.

Just my honest opinion, but I really don't think she would enjoy sitting at the office. It's really just a small "box" :p with a counter basically with no place to actually sit. Outside there are chairs and a table, but it's in the blazing sun. Maybe she would rather wait on the ship or at the dockyard somewhere nice in the shade? It's only 8 minutes away. :)

Congrats on reaching PLATINUM status!!!:D:D

AND THANK YOU!! WOO HOO :D

My o my, shaking my head!! Cruising peeps stop being so literal and taking this so defensively. I know Kim and know she would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. No worries, that should be the motto!!! Just saying.........

Thank you Eileen. <3 :)

Hip Hip Hooray .:)

Hope to see ya at the party one day . ( I buy ya a free drink ) ;)

So is there an additional party for the platinum members? Does this mean the hubby can't come? LOL

Some old drinks? What am I in store for?

martinidrinking.png

Curse words? I don't consider them as such. If they were 'tho, and I found them offensive, I would have stopped reading this lengthy review.

Since you're a first time poster (LOL), I will give you some advice; it is not nice to criticize someone's review. This gal has spent hours, upon hours, providing an exceptional review. Nothing she has said, or how she has said it, warrants your "moronic" and rude comments.

I have to agree with you 100%. As a first time poster...she will get eaten alive here if she makes any more posts like that. My theory is if you don't like the style or writing of someone's report, then you move on and don't comment. Everyone is different, everyone has different lifestyles, everyone has different writing styles and you can choose to read it or not.

I know how much work it involves to write a trip report and I appreciate ones like this so much.

You are all correct and I truly apologize. Please all accept my apology, especially Mitsugirly...I was wrong.

My o my, shaking my head!! Cruising peeps stop being so literal and taking this so defensively. I know Kim and know she would never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings. No worries, that should be the motto!!! Just saying.........

I think I like your line of thought. :D

Thank you. I agree. I always move on as well if I don't like something. So...that's what I'm doing with this subject as well..moving on. :p

You are all correct and I truly apologize. Please all accept my apology, especially Mitsugirly...I was wrong.

Yup bring him . They have drinks, cheeses, little fish eggs on crackers .

The latitude rep does give away stuff . The house band plays for dancing . :D

That's gonna be SCHWEETTTT! I couldn't remember if NCL was the one everyone was complaining about the rules changing and not being able to bring along your "other half" to them if they don't have the same status or not....or if it was Carnival. Maybe it was Carnival then? :confused:

He has 1 more cruise to hit platinum.

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. It couldn't happen to a better person! :D

Aww sweets, thanks so much. :)

It's ok. Seriously, water under the bridge. Welcome to cruise critic and I hope you enjoy it here and get to know some of us. This place can be a wealth of information if you let it. :)

I'm sure Kim will accept your apology. (Edit to add: Oops, she already did.) She's good people. It is very nice of you to apologize.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You will find lots of great information here and many people willing to help you find your way both on and off the ships. :)

Edited by peg013

FOR THOSE OF YOU WISHING I WOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND DO BREAKAWAY...YOU MAY GET YOUR WISH...SOONER THAN LATER. :D

(Kendra just messaged me saying she talked my oldest son-that hasn't cruised with us since he was in his teens and he's now 28-into cruising with us on the Breakaway and she informed me we will be going in October. :eek: If I have my say, I'll chose September...just saying). <---scared about the weather being too cool then. Should I start researching and planning yet? LOL

FOR THOSE OF YOU WISHING I WOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND DO BREAKAWAY...YOU MAY GET YOUR WISH...SOONER THAN LATER. :D

(Kendra just messaged me saying she talked my oldest son-that hasn't cruised with us since he was in his teens and he's now 28-into cruising with us on the Breakaway and she informed me we will be going in October. :eek: If I have my say, I'll chose September...just saying). <---scared about the weather being too cool then. Should I start researching and planning yet? LOL

We've gone the first week of October and the last week of September. Both were fantastic weather. In fact the water itself was warmer in Oct than the first week in June (which is our other favorite time to visit Bermuda.) Only thing is we've had rougher water in Bermuda and couldn't go out to the Coral Gardens (5 miles out) to snorkel both times we were there in Oct. We did make it in June. First two weeks of September you have a better chance of being diverted due to a hurricane.

Edited by peg013

You will love BA and those 3 midweek days in Bermuda! If you haven't been to NYC before take time to visit it also. I absolutely loved it and we did it on a low budget. It's one of the few ports I would love to visit yet again for an extended period...

YES! Let the planning begin! :D

I've been hoping you would end up on the BA. Good job, Kendra! :cool:

Kim, Kendra may not always show it, but I'm seeing some rather definitive signs here that she has inherited your planning gene. :p

Hello Kim,

I just finished your review after starting it three days ago, wow, quite the effort you put into this! Bravo!

I started reading to get a taste of Bermuda, and you didn't disappoint. I lived on the island for five years when I was younger, and loved it so much I went back to get married in 2007! I haven't been back since (not for lack of wanting to), and have been feeling homesick. Your pictures took me back, especially since you were based out of the West End of the island where I used to live.

So thank you again! If all goes well, I may find myself on a cruise next year with the husband and my two boys! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This October? If next year, check out the port schedule. We try to go when Breakaway is the only ship in port. Easier to get around because of less crowds. We've been to Bermuda twice the last week of September and it was quite warm. Temps in low 80's. Water temp very nice. This year we're going on Breakaway's last trip in October. Hoping for no hurricanes!

Just finished after starting on Sunday. Wow! Thanks so much for the great review!! We are going in August and this was so helpful for me for my planning. I am going to do a tour of the island which has great reviews and the Gosling Sunset Rum cruise. It is our first trip. (Hubby and I) without kids in 6 years so I have to say I'm looking forward to it even maybe a little extra.lol Although I'm already freaking out knowing I'm going to miss them! I'll be using my internet credit for some FaceTime!!😄

Ooh, how exciting that there may be another cruise in your future! Well, you do have to go to celebrate your new Platinum status, right? :D :):cool:

And, yes, it is Carnival that recently changed the past guest party rules. I'm Gold, and could go before, but can't now. Oh well, it's not worth my getting bent out of shape over. :)

Heather

We've gone the first week of October and the last week of September. Both were fantastic weather. In fact the water itself was warmer in Oct than the first week in June (which is our other favorite time to visit Bermuda.) Only thing is we've had rougher water in Bermuda and couldn't go out to the Coral Gardens (5 miles out) to snorkel both times we were there in Oct. We did make it in June. First two weeks of September you have a better chance of being diverted due to a hurricane.

The dates she is wanting to go is the very last BA cruise there...October 18-25 (giving my son time enough to save for it). I'm really worried about the weather during that time. It's getting so far into October and almost November. I would hate for it to be cold at that point.

You will love BA and those 3 midweek days in Bermuda! If you haven't been to NYC before take time to visit it also. I absolutely loved it and we did it on a low budget. It's one of the few ports I would love to visit yet again for an extended period...

I would love the midweek visits...hoping things would be open later and at least have all the transportation running each day. LOL

We have never been to NYC, just passing NY to go to Canada was the only time we were in the state. My oldest son has been to NYC though and he hated it. LOL Said it was too busy and crowded and the subway system was just nuts. :p

YES! Let the planning begin!

I've been hoping you would end up on the BA. Good job, Kendra! :cool:

Kim, Kendra may not always show it, but I'm seeing some rather definitive signs here that she has inherited your planning gene. :p

LOL, I immediately got on it last night. :p Even if this doesn't happen and we have to wait until next year, I'm starting my planning for it. That's always half the fun. (Although now that I feel like I know my way around the place, I will be less stressed this next time). I have all kinds of ideas now. :D

I don't know if she has inherited my planning gene, but she has definitely inherited my love for cruising! :p

DH and I are going Oct.4th 2015...would love to meet you and cruise with you and your family...

Honestly, I would much rather go that date than the date she picked out (Oct 18). I'm just so afraid of the water getting too cool that late in the month. But, she picked the last date possible to give everyone enough time to save for it. Sigh....we'll see. Oct 4th would suit me better. :D

Hello Kim,

I just finished your review after starting it three days ago, wow, quite the effort you put into this! Bravo!

I started reading to get a taste of Bermuda, and you didn't disappoint. I lived on the island for five years when I was younger, and loved it so much I went back to get married in 2007! I haven't been back since (not for lack of wanting to), and have been feeling homesick. Your pictures took me back, especially since you were based out of the West End of the island where I used to live.

So thank you again! If all goes well, I may find myself on a cruise next year with the husband and my two boys! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the comments.

Wow, you lived there and got married there. How perfect is that! I really hope you are able to go back and visit next year! :)

This October? If next year, check out the port schedule. We try to go when Breakaway is the only ship in port. Easier to get around because of less crowds. We've been to Bermuda twice the last week of September and it was quite warm. Temps in low 80's. Water temp very nice. This year we're going on Breakaway's last trip in October. Hoping for no hurricanes!

Yes, this October. Warm=good for me, but what about toward the (almost) end of October? October 18th would be the day.

Ohhh, sounds like you'll be on that sailing as well. :D