MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

I GOT THIS NOTICE TODAY. DOES THIS MEAN I'M FAMOUS? HEHEHEHEHE :D:p

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Congratulations! One of your photos has been selected to represent St George's Visitor Information Center on TripAdvisor websites around the world.

Thank you for uploading your photo. Since St George's Visitor Information Center didn't already have an official photo on TripAdvisor, your photo will help travelers see what it looks like.

We appreciate your important contributions to the community and hope you'll continue sharing your travel photos and reviews.

Thank you.

-The TripAdvisor Content Team

I think you were already famous, lol

FOR THOSE OF YOU WISHING I WOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND DO BREAKAWAY...YOU MAY GET YOUR WISH...SOONER THAN LATER. :D

(Kendra just messaged me saying she talked my oldest son-that hasn't cruised with us since he was in his teens and he's now 28-into cruising with us on the Breakaway and she informed me we will be going in October. :eek: If I have my say, I'll chose September...just saying). <---scared about the weather being too cool then. Should I start researching and planning yet? LOL

Wow, I can't wait to see what you come up with for pre-cruise hotel and transit in the NYC area. It's expensive no matter how many ways you stand on your head, planning our trips (3) to take the BA was the most stress I've ever had surrounding a cruise. Staying in NJ and driving to terminal is pretty painless - although there are so many options, it drives you nuts trying to pick...just...one.... but then when I decided to stay one night in Manhattan and find the best hotel for that...phew. Can't wait to see what Mitsugirly's expert research comes up with. It'll either make me feel a whole lot better (if you find it as challenging as I did) or a whole lot worse (if you pull some amazing bargain out of your butt like you always seem to). Keep us posted on that one - you might have to start your review before you go, just so we can track your pre-cruise planning thoughts, lol. Can't wait.

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Congratulations! One of your photos has been selected to represent St George's Visitor Information Center on TripAdvisor websites around the world.

Thank you for uploading your photo. Since St George's Visitor Information Center didn't already have an official photo on TripAdvisor, your photo will help travelers see what it looks like.

We appreciate your important contributions to the community and hope you'll continue sharing your travel photos and reviews.

Thank you.

Very Cool!

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you.

Just went and viewed your pictures on TripAdvisor....they look amazing! Congrats!

I also hopped over from the Carnival board to read your review and it was awesome! Thanks for taking the time to write and post your amazing pics. I hope to cruise to Bermuda sometime in the future!

Kim

Have you thought about buying a spare charger and putting it in a piece of luggage you know you will take on every cruise and just leaving it there? That is one wayto be sure you will never forget your charger again. :eek:

Not that I would ever forget anything like that! :D Seriously, I have a whole collection of cruise supplies that I just keep packed so I don't forget them. Works like a charm, and leaves me free to concentrate on the rest of my planning without having to worry that I might forget any necessities.

Actually since I have 2 cameras, I already have 2 chargers. So I think I'll just put one of them in my suitcase and leave it there all the time. I'm never charging 2 cameras at the same time at home anyhow. Now, if I could just find that second one now... :p

I have a bunch of things I leave packed in my suitcases too...snorkeling stuff, my over the door hanger thingymabob filled with all the trial sized goodies, water shoes and so on. I decided to do that a few cruises back and works great. :)

I think you were already famous, lol

LOL :p

Wow, I can't wait to see what you come up with for pre-cruise hotel and transit in the NYC area. It's expensive no matter how many ways you stand on your head, planning our trips (3) to take the BA was the most stress I've ever had surrounding a cruise. Staying in NJ and driving to terminal is pretty painless - although there are so many options, it drives you nuts trying to pick...just...one.... but then when I decided to stay one night in Manhattan and find the best hotel for that...phew. Can't wait to see what Mitsugirly's expert research comes up with. It'll either make me feel a whole lot better (if you find it as challenging as I did) or a whole lot worse (if you pull some amazing bargain out of your butt like you always seem to). Keep us posted on that one - you might have to start your review before you go, just so we can track your pre-cruise planning thoughts, lol. Can't wait.

Oh gosh...you just scared the crap out of me now! I thought finding a hotel pre-cruise for Boston was crazy, I'm now preparing myself for this one. Yikes!

Very Cool!

I thought so. :)

Just went and viewed your pictures on TripAdvisor....they look amazing! Congrats!

Thanks (they are the same pics from here though lol):)

Congratulations Kim on having so many of you great photos up on Trip Advisor!! Wouldn't be surprised if publications like Conde Nast will be contacting you soon!

Thanks. No clue what Conde Nast is, but sounds prestigious. :D

I also hopped over from the Carnival board to read your review and it was awesome! Thanks for taking the time to write and post your amazing pics. I hope to cruise to Bermuda sometime in the future!

Kim

Hi and welcome. Glad you enjoyed the review. I see you will be on the Pride in a few months. Did you read my Pride review? I hope you have a great cruise and love the Pride as much as we did. She was AMAZING!!! :)

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Congratulations! One of your photos has been selected to represent St George's Visitor Information Center on TripAdvisor websites around the world. Thank you for uploading your photo. Since St George's Visitor Information Center didn't already have an official photo on TripAdvisor, your photo will help travelers see what it looks like.

Thank you.

great review we are planning a cruise to Bermuda next June 2016 after the dawn goes to dry dock for a facelift.

Here's the site

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g147256-St_George_St_George_s_Parish_Bermuda-Vacations.html#photos

I counted 51 photos on the site that are from you . Great job ,Yup you are famous

Edited by Orleanscruiser

great review we are planning a cruise to Bermuda next June 2016 after the dawn goes to dry dock for a facelift.

Here's the site

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g147256-St_George_St_George_s_Parish_Bermuda-Vacations.html#photos

I counted 51 photos on the site that are from you . Great job

We have the Dawn booked next June too right after dry dock, but I think I might be cancelling it.

Oh I have way more than 51 photos on there. I would venture to say hundreds and hundreds. :)

We have the Dawn booked next June too right after dry dock, but I think I might be cancelling it.

Oh I have way more than 51 photos on there. I would venture to say hundreds and hundreds. :)

Sorry to hear you might cancel your next cruise to Bermuda on the dawn

we are booked for June 3rd to June 10th.

Conde Nast is a very upscale travel mag that I have seen most frequently in Doctors waiting rooms. I have no idea how I got on their email list since I don't have the $$$$ to travel all over the world but your pics are certainly of a quality that would be seen on its pages.

Kim,

I just finished reading this review. Excellent as always. Surely a labor of love. Just reading what you go through organizing all the folders and pictures was mind-boggling. Thank you for all your hard work. I can see Bermuda in my future. Their tourism board should give you a commission.

Thank you, also, for changing the font color from your previous review. I found it so much easier on the eyes than the bright pink. :)

In reading your comments (and another poster's) about the gift shop either not carrying certain items or being sold out of desirable things made me think that this would make a perfect question for a new thread (such as: What items would you like the ships' gift shops to stock?). I know NCL reads these boards and most certainly follows you. I think it would be the perfect way for anyone interested to let NCL know what items are desired and should be carried in their ships' gift shops. Seems like it would be a win-win. Just a thought.

I'll be waiting with anticipation for your next review of whatever ship you've decided to sail.:D

Sorry to hear you might cancel your next cruise to Bermuda on the dawn

we are booked for June 3rd to June 10th.

That's the one we have booked. I honestly just didn't really care for the Dawn and coming in on a Sunday really sucked as well. We'll see I guess. :)

Conde Nast is a very upscale travel mag that I have seen most frequently in Doctors waiting rooms. I have no idea how I got on their email list since I don't have the $$$$ to travel all over the world but your pics are certainly of a quality that would be seen on its pages.

Ooolala...ok then. I'll take that compliment. :D

Kim,

I just finished reading this review. Excellent as always. Surely a labor of love. Just reading what you go through organizing all the folders and pictures was mind-boggling. Thank you for all your hard work. I can see Bermuda in my future. Their tourism board should give you a commission.

Thank you, also, for changing the font color from your previous review. I found it so much easier on the eyes than the bright pink. :)

In reading your comments (and another poster's) about the gift shop either not carrying certain items or being sold out of desirable things made me think that this would make a perfect question for a new thread (such as: What items would you like the ships' gift shops to stock?). I know NCL reads these boards and most certainly follows you. I think it would be the perfect way for anyone interested to let NCL know what items are desired and should be carried in their ships' gift shops. Seems like it would be a win-win. Just a thought.

I'll be waiting with anticipation for your next review of whatever ship you've decided to sail.:D

Thank you so much for the nice comments and glad you enjoyed it (and the font color :D)

I just wish they would at least keep the same items in stock that the rest of the ships carry. I want my NCL Dawn tee shirt. It will be the only ship I have been on that I don't have with the ship name. :(

CAN SOMEONE GET ME A FRICKEN TEE SHIRT WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK??? lol :p You fly I buy. :D

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you.

Yep, you're famous! Of course, all of us readers here already knew that! :cool:

Actually since I have 2 cameras, I already have 2 chargers. So I think I'll just put one of them in my suitcase and leave it there all the time. I'm never charging 2 cameras at the same time at home anyhow. Now, if I could just find that second one now... :p

I have a bunch of things I leave packed in my suitcases too...snorkeling stuff, my over the door hanger thingymabob filled with all the trial sized goodies, water shoes and so on. I decided to do that a few cruises back and works great. :)

LOL :p

There you go. Now go find that second charger and put it in the suitcase with the rest of your travel stuff. Knowing what a planner you are, I figured you probably had a stash like that already, and as usual you did not disappoint.

Yep, you're famous! Of course, all of us readers here already knew that! :cool:

There you go. Now go find that second charger and put it in the suitcase with the rest of your travel stuff. Knowing what a planner you are, I figured you probably had a stash like that already, and as usual you did not disappoint.

Haha...I'm going to do just that this weekend.

When I had my 2 Canon D10's I actually had about 4 extra batteries at one point. I was NEVER going to run out. :D :p

I was a late finder of your review and just finished reading it. I enjoyed your comments and photos as I have on other of your reviews. You made some comments that I thought I could respond to.

At one point you commented (I think I remember this) that you wished you had been on the cruise that had hit the reef. We were on that cruise and it made a memorable experience. We had sailed from Dockyard and were on our way through the channel while having dinner in the Venetian, when the water in the glasses on the table started to shake. Soon the silverware was shaking and then the water glass itself. The table began to shake followed by the entire dining room and I thought the chandeliers on the ceiling were going to fall. There was also noise, as you might expect. The ship rocked to one side, then to the other and finally righted itself and the noise and vibration stopped. The reef had shaken the entire ship like a dog shaking a bone. A call for crewmembers was issued and soon after the Captain announced that we had lost our steering and had struck the rocks. My wife and daughter left the Venetian to see what had happened and returned with a report that water was leaking from the ceiling in the area of the Photo Gallery. I expect from a damaged pipe connection. It is a wonder that many more of these connections had not been damaged by the shaking we felt. We waited until high tide and with the assistance of two tugs from Dockyard, we backed of the reef and anchored in a safe location until morning. By break of day, we were moving back to Dockyard to be inspected. The President of NCL, along with technical personnel and a dive team had flown to Bermuda overnight and were on the ship. After an underwater inspection while we were tied up, we were cleared to depart. We did get an extra half day in Bermuda and we didn't miss a meal or a show. I don't know if this explains some of the malfunctions in the restrooms that you experienced or not.

I also think you mentioned seeing only one or two Moongates. There is one in St. George near the grocery store you mentioned. If you stay on the street in front of the store, instead of taking the street toward the unfinished church, there is a sunken, walled garden about 100 yards to the east. The entrance is on the left of the street and the garden is very peaceful. In addition, there is a Moongate in Hamilton. If you start at the "Birdcage" and follow Frontstreet to the west for about two blocks there is one in front of a large building (on the right if I remember correctly). Quite a few homes have incorporated a Moongate into the garden walls surrounding their property. You just need a sharp eye while you ride the bus.

We have cruised on the Dawn a number of times and have always enjoyed the ship and crew. We don't tend to go to places where we swim or snorkel because we don't enjoy that as much as you do (maybe you shouldn't let Sakari read this) but we find other things to enjoy. BTW, I left a number of $ in the slots so I am glad you were able to rescue them.

Again thanks for your efforts and detail in your review.

Here from Carnival! Great review, Kim. You need to book the Vista!! I am thinking Matt will get that cd spot and Sakari will have plenty of pools! [emoji6]. Kendra and crew seemed to have a much more relaxing trip than normal so, that was great to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAN SOMEONE GET ME A FRICKEN TEE SHIRT WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK??? lol You fly I buy.

Kim, I'm going on the Dawn in August and would be happy to pick up a shirt for you, assuming they are in stock. Let me know the details regarding the shirt and I will check out what they have on the ship!

I was a late finder of your review and just finished reading it. I enjoyed your comments and photos as I have on other of your reviews. You made some comments that I thought I could respond to.

Thanks so much for your comments and explanations. I really enjoyed reading about your Bermuda trip and what happened that day. I spent the entire day watching you guys in port and watching the ship sitting there and the divers going down to look/fix the ship. It was fun to watch and I just day dreamed I was there, spending an extra few hours on the ship in Bermuda that day. How nice. :)

I will definitely have to look for more moongates next time. I had completely forgot about them until the last day when we were heading back to the ship and we snapped a quick picture under it. I'll be on the lookout next time. :D

Here from Carnival! Great review, Kim. You need to book the Vista!! I am thinking Matt will get that cd spot and Sakari will have plenty of pools! [emoji6]. Kendra and crew seemed to have a much more relaxing trip than normal so, that was great to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fellow Carnival friend. :D

The Vista would be FABULOUS!! Put Matt Mitcham on there too...OMG...I'm so there!

Kendra might have been more relaxes, but she still had momma stressed out to the max...especially when we couldn't locate them on the last day for our jet ski and boat day. :eek: That girl....ugh.

CAN SOMEONE GET ME A FRICKEN TEE SHIRT WHEN THEY ARE IN STOCK??? lol You fly I buy.

Kim, I'm going on the Dawn in August and would be happy to pick up a shirt for you, assuming they are in stock. Let me know the details regarding the shirt and I will check out what they have on the ship!

Oh my gosh that would be awesome!!! mitsubishigirl19 (hotmail). Email me and I'll give you details. I REALLY appreciate it. :)