Catholic mass on Oosterdam

kicia

We are going on the Oosterdam southbound cruise from Seward on Sunday July 12. I need to know if Holland will have a Catholic Mass on Sunday (embarkation day) after embarkation and some time during the day before dinner and on the next Sunday (debarkation day), will there be a Mass on Saturday afternoon that counts for Sunday.

It would be so much more convenient than trying to find a church on those days especially since we are traveling with three other couples.

Thank you!

Linda

Since embarkation day is a port day, there should be a Mass celebrated that afternoon. There has been on all of my cruises, going back years.

The following week there will be a Vigil Mass on Saturday night.

Normally, Mass is celebrated in the evening on port days, and in the morning on sea days.

If port arrival is late morning, or afternoon, the Mass is generally held in the morning. On (very) rare occasions no Mass is scheduled.

Thank you so much. That will make it much easier for us. We don't want to miss Mass and sometimes it is a challenge, especially on vacations, but am really glad that Holland has this. Thanks again.

Linda

We are going on the Oosterdam southbound cruise from Seward on Sunday July 12. I need to know if Holland will have a Catholic Mass on Sunday (embarkation day) after embarkation and some time during the day before dinner and on the next Sunday (debarkation day), will there be a Mass on Saturday afternoon that counts for Sunday.

It would be so much more convenient than trying to find a church on those days especially since we are traveling with three other couples.

Thank you!

Linda

If none is scheduled, check and see if there is a late Mass for the crew which you could attend. We did this once on a Sunday departure.

Yes ever time we have sailed HAL they have a embarkation mass and also a vigil mass. Mass is a celebrated everyday. This is the main reason we only sail HAL. Be sure to put that in your comments at the end of the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have been fortunate to have a Priest aboard every one of our past 20 HAL cruises, with Mass celebrated every day.

Last October aboard the Eurodam, NYC to Quebec City, our Priest was Fr. Joseph Schad, a Jesuit who is a chaplain at the Georgetown University Hospital.

Sailed on the 14-day Alaska cruise last May, 2014 on the Amsterdam and a Catholic priest was on board. Went to Mass 5 times, which included the Ascension obligation.

It was a great way to thank God for the lovely scenery, etc we enjoyed everyday.

I just thought it was a one time only "special" but now I can plan on attending the Alaska cruise next June 6th, 2016.

Thank you HAL.

• 4 months later...
The Mass should take place at 5:00PM even though the ship does not leave until 8PM.

Re-post this in two weeks and I can verily it.

Father, is there any way to find out if there will be a Priest on board the Oosterdam beginning November 16? Thank you kindly for any information.

Peace,

Susan and Dale., Burlington, Ontario

Father, is there any way to find out if there will be a Priest on board the Oosterdam beginning November 16? Thank you kindly for any information.

Peace,

Not Himself but, based on our numerous cruises on HAL and barring a total calamity, there will be a Roman Catholic priest (provided through the Apostleship of the Seas program) on your 11-16 cruise on the Oosterdam. For additional peace of mind, you might want to call HAL Ship Services to confirm that a priest is scheduled for your cruise.

God bless and smooth sailing!!!

Edited by avian777

The Mass at Seward is at 5PM. As long as you are on the ship by 5:PM you can get to Mass.

On the Saturday before you dock in Vancouver there will be a Vigil Mass for Sunday Actually the Oosterdam will be in Europe and the Noordam will be doing the run that the Oosterdam has done the pasrt couple of years. The Captain should be Pieter Bos.

Himself

Edited by Himself

Peace,

I would say contact the Apostleship of the Sea of the United States of America. Web site is AOSUSA.org. The 800 number might be on the website. Ask for Doreen.