Any reviews on these?

So James and I are finally getting a new camera so we can stop using our cell phones. We've basically narrowed it down to:

Nikon COOLPIX L840

or

FUJIFILM Black FinePix S8630

We were able to mess around with the Nikon at Best Buy, but the FujiFilm is at Walmart and wasn't on for us to test out.

Any reviews on either one of these cameras?

Thank you in advanced!

So James and I are finally getting a new camera so we can stop using our cell phones. We've basically narrowed it down to:

Nikon COOLPIX L840

or

We were able to mess around with the Nikon at Best Buy, but the FujiFilm is at Walmart and wasn't on for us to test out.

Thank you in advanced!

Sorry I don't have any experience with either of the cameras you mentioned... I'm a lifelong Pentax user, with a Kr and a K-50. A good place to check out for unbiased reviews is CNET.

Nikon COOLPIX L840

or

Thank you in advanced!

Google is your friend! Just insert the name of the camera followed by "review" into the search engine and see what's out there. Also, dpreview.com is a great site for camera reviews.

Have fun!

Google is your friend! Just insert the name of the camera followed by "review" into the search engine and see what's out there. Also, dpreview.com is a great site for camera reviews.

Have fun!

I always Google things before asking advice of others. I ask here because I want to know if anyone else has used either of these cameras while they cruised.

Just glancing at them:

The Fuji doesn't take 1080P videos

Neither has a viewfinder? I couldn't live without.

I like Fuji's bridge cameras, but this one looks like it was made for Wally's World.

Both have high optical zoom (not manual, would drive me nuts). In my opinion, you do not need that level of zoom for a cruise.

I don't like either, but if I had to choose one, I'd go for the Nikon.

Good luck; hope this helps a little.

Nikon COOLPIX L840

or

We were able to mess around with the Nikon at Best Buy, but the FujiFilm is at Walmart and wasn't on for us to !

Snapsort . Com rated the Nikon as a better camera overall.

Nikon COOLPIX L840

or

Thank you in advanced!

Don't you love a place selling cameras where you can not turn them on to test them. BTW - when I am looking at camera, I bring my own memory cards so I can take pictures and look at them at home.

DON

Don't you love a place selling cameras where you can not turn them on to test them. BTW - when I am looking at camera, I bring my own memory cards so I can take pictures and look at them at home.

DON

It's certainly getting harder and harder to find brick and mortar stores where one can actually handle a camera. And the big box stores that do sell cameras really need to do a better job of keeping the gear operational if they want to have any advantage over on line retailers.

Recently, when I was deciding whether to buy the Sony a6000, I went to my local Best Buy, which did have the camera as part of a dedicated display of Sony mirrorless cameras and lenses. Unfortunately, the a6000 would not turn on. The clerk told me no one in the store could do anything about this, that only the Sony rep could service the Sony display. A couple of weeks later, having bought the camera from B&H, I happened to be back at Best Buy; the a6000 still wouldn't turn on.

(PS: I love the a6000 so far! :) )

(PS: I love the a6000 so far! :) )

It looks like all the years of enduring the down-the-nose looks from camera shop clerks and Canikon owners have paid off! Now it is I who carries one of the most popular and highly-rated cameras.

Bwahahahahaha...:D

Glad you're enjoying it. It is a lot of fun to use!

Dave