Princess virgin- drinks & cpap questions

cirman52

Can I bring on board my own Diet Dr. Pepper ?

Also, will I be able to get distilled water from the cabin steward for my cap machine ?

Yes and yes however plain tap water will be fine for a cruise. Its long term use without distilled water that can cause buildups. ;)

Can I bring on board my own Diet Dr. Pepper ? Yes. carry on or put a luggage tag on a full case and put it with your luggage.

Also, will I be able to get distilled water from the cabin steward for my cap machine ?You can pre-order on the Personalizer or wait till on board to request from your steward. You can also use the tap water from the faucet. Distilled water is used to prevent mineral build-up from tap water. For a short time (like on a cruise) no problem. If you do get any build-up, when you get home, soak the humidifier in 1:2 or 1:3 vinegar:tap water.

See above.

Also, don't forget to bring duct tape (in case you get a hose leak) and an extra cushion/pillows for your mask.

AND your power cord!!!

I was in home care for years and got a call at least once a month from someone who forgot that little detail.:rolleyes::D

I appreciate that people have different opinions on this, but for my part, I don't care how short the cruise is - I always ask for distilled water for the C-PAP.

There's no need to risk any buildup, when Princess is set up to provide the water, upon request. There's a place on the Personalizer to enter medical requests ahead of time. I've already requested distilled water and an extension cord, for a cruise next year and got a reply.

I request distilled water just to see if I get it. Never have. I don't ask the steward for it, because the tap water on the ship is distilled. I keep an extension cord packed in my CPAP case. If they have to give you one, it will be a clumsy heavy one.

I appreciate that people have different opinions on this, but for my part, I don't care how short the cruise is - I always ask for distilled water for the C-PAP.

There's no need to risk any buildup, when Princess is set up to provide the water, upon request. There's a place on the Personalizer to enter medical requests ahead of time. I've already requested distilled water and an extension cord, for a cruise next year and got a reply.

As stated above yes you can request but there is a good chance you will still have to follow up with Stewart regardless. We have found that most things that we have requested are never fulfilled when we board. :cool:

I request distilled water just to see if I get it. Never have. I don't ask the steward for it, because the tap water on the ship is distilled. I keep an extension cord packed in my CPAP case. If they have to give you one, it will be a clumsy heavy one.

+1000 on the extension cord. I also keep a 12-foot extension cord in my CPAP case. The outlet may not be close to the bed, so longer is better. As an example, on the Pacific Princess and Ocean Princess, the outlet is above the desk, completely across the cabin. I simply unplug my machine every morning and stuff the extension cord under the bed. ;)

Yes and Yes

You can also request an extension cord. However I have heard of people getting pretty ratty cords.

But if the Water and/or extension cord aren't there ask Stewart (how can he be in so many places at once, or is it a prerequisite for the job that you have that name:confused::confused:)

Also, will I be able to get distilled water from the cabin steward for my cap machine ?

Hey Ron, perhaps you should hold off on the Diet Dr Pepper, if you lose too much weight, you won't fit into your clown or angry bird outfit.;)

Be careful not to mix them up.

You can request the distilled water in advance.

Also, on grand class ships, the nightstand lamps

are plugged into a 220v european style plug. If your

device will accept this voltage, this might be a convenient

plug location.

My husband has a c-pap and I have a bi-pap we have never used anything but tap water? We also haven't had any issues? Thought all these machines were used the same. Guess not.

For cords well we always carry ours in the cases. Cured of getting one from the ship after NCL Dawn made people return them the night before or be charged forget how much. What a rotten night nobody got any sleep. Why take the chance again on any trip.

My husband has a c-pap and I have a bi-pap we have never used anything but tap water? We also haven't had any issues? Thought all these machines were used the same. Guess not.

For cords well we always carry ours in the cases. Cured of getting one from the ship after NCL Dawn made people return them the night before or be charged forget how much. What a rotten night nobody got any sleep. Why take the chance again on any trip.

It also depends on the water quality. You must have good water if you have no buildup issues. It is suggested usually by the manufacture that distilled water be used but not mandatory. ;)

I have always requested distilled water in advance. It has only been in the room when I arrived about 50% of the time. All that I have ever had to do was request it of the cabin steward and they have never failed to bring me a gallon bottle. I have used tap water in hotels when traveling and never had a problem. I just prefer distilled when I can get it. I strongly suggest that you bring your own extension cord.

It also depends on the water quality. You must have good water if you have no buildup issues. It is suggested usually by the manufacture that distilled water be used but not mandatory. ;)

Never tried just plain ol' tap water for my c-pap, but my doctor has told me to NEVER use regular tap water as it will ruin the machine. So I've never taken the chance, since I don't really want to have to purchase a new c-pap machine!

When we traveled on Carnival last year, I requested distilled water about a month before the cruise, and it was in our cabin when we arrived. I'm hoping this will work the same way for our upcoming Princess cruise in October. We shall see!

Edited by Flydude1063

Thank you as always Colo Cruiser feel better and will check this out when we have the machines checked in the fall.

Never tried just plain ol' tap water for my c-pap, but my doctor has told me to NEVER use regular tap water as it will ruin the machine. So I've never taken the chance, since I don't really want to have to purchase a new c-pap machine!

When we traveled on Carnival last year, I requested distilled water about a month before the cruise, and it was in our cabin when we arrived. I'm hoping this will work the same way for our upcoming Princess cruise in October. We shall see!

Thank you as always Colo Cruiser feel better and will check this out when we have the machines checked in the fall.

We have terrible water in our area so when my parents would stay I would always have distilled water for my father. I would never use our water for it.

Probably as the manufacture suggest to use distilled that would be best. For short term use especially on a cruise the tap water is probably the best you could find. I imagine the machine would be ruined from mineral buildup if tap water is used all the time. ;)