Starbucks

Hello everyone,

We are sailing on Allure! the one question we have is about Starbucks. Is there any other place on board to get Starbucks, other than Starbucks. The stuff at Starbucks is quite expensive.

I believe that the Starbucks venue is the only one that serves Starbucks coffee. However, Cafe Promenade also serves specialty coffees. Might even be Seattle's Best.

No, you can't get it elsewhere.. Starbucks sucks, IMO...coffee is totally burnt tasting...so thankfully, it's only at Starbucks where they serve (and ask a horrendous price) their burnt coffee.

Edited by cb at sea

No, you can't get it elsewhere.. Starbucks sucks, IMO...coffee is totally burnt tasting...so thankfully, it's only at Starbucks where they serve (and ask a horrendous price) their burnt coffee.

Gee, thanks for giving your unsolicited opinion as usual....

Gee, thanks for giving your unsolicited opinion as usual....

I hate to stick up for CB, but posting a question on a message board is, in fact, soliciting an opinion from its members. He answered the OP's question and offered a similar opinion along side OP about the price of Starbucks. But I guess stacking negativity on negativity is the Cruise Cynic way, so not surprised.

OP - I hope you can find coffee you enjoy on your ship. On Freedom, the wife couldn't find Starbucks anywhere other than Starbucks.

Edited by TomAceEsq

Only Starbucks shop for it. As they have their own venue, they made sure it isn't sold anywhere else. Other decent coffee is available else where.

Also as a Crown & Anchor member be got a voucher for buy one get one free for starbucks. So that saved money.

I believe that the Starbucks venue is the only one that serves Starbucks coffee. However, Cafe Promenade also serves specialty coffees. Might even be Seattle's Best.

I have always preferred Seattle's Best over Starbucks and never really put 2+2 together until this post....

And as much as I hate to agree with CB, Starbucks does have a burnt taste to me as well, but Seattle's Best does not...

I hate to stick up for CB, but posting a question on a message board is, in fact, soliciting an opinion from its members. He answered the OP's question and offered a similar opinion along side OP about the price of Starbucks. But I guess stacking negativity on negativity is the Cruise Cynic way, so not surprised.

OP - I hope you can find coffee you enjoy on your ship. On Freedom, the wife couldn't find Starbucks anywhere other than Starbucks.

I don't remember a Starbucks on Freedom? The only place I was able to find it was a shop called Cafe' Promenade. I personally thought the coffee was great!

I don't remember a Starbucks on Freedom? The only place I was able to find it was a shop called Cafe' Promenade. I personally thought the coffee was great!

You are correct, there is no Starbuck's branded venue on Freedom.

The burned coffee is mainly in their brewed coffee. Once you put espresso into milk, it tastes a lot different, don't you think? Or do you ONLY drink brewed coffee? If so, that's really not what people are talking about when they talk about "Starbucks".

There isn't a branded Starbucks venue on ANY ship but Oasis and Allure. On all the other ships you'll find espresso-drinks (what some want to call "Starbucks" because we tend to use the main brand of something to call generic things) at Latte-tudes/Cafe Promenade places.

And there will ALSO be such a place on Oasis and Allure.

Seattle's Best is owned by Starbucks now, but apparently they have very different roasting procedures. :)

The OP asked a question about Starbucks being available elsewhere on the ship, CB gave her opinion on Starbucks coffee, which was not solicited.

I do love my Starbucks, and I found it less of an impact on my wallet to bring along my Starbucks gift card. I added to it for several months before the cruise. This only applies to the Oasis and Allure though. I did enjoy the specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade too, they just did not have the variety.

There was a Starbucks on the Voyager of the Seas in 2013 out of Sydney, Australia.

It would surprise me if it was a genuine Starbucks kiosk. I'm thinking it was the bar next to Cafe Promenade with a Starbucks emblem on the menu.

I believe you are probably right! I'm certainly not experienced enough in the ways of RCI to dispute, and I didn't buy a coffee there. I think the RCI ships have some of the worst coffee I've tasted, with the exception of early morning room service.