Hawaii Cruise over Xmas and New Years

lmentzer

Has anyone been on the 15 day cruise from LA to Hawaii over the holidays? I'm curious what the ship did special on the cruise. We saw a flyer on special Hawaiian activities and Hawaiian menu items, but nothing related to the holidays. Do you know what they did on previous cruises?

Has anyone been on the 15 day cruise from LA to Hawaii over the holidays? I'm curious what the ship did special on the cruise. We saw a flyer on special Hawaiian activities and Hawaiian menu items, but nothing related to the holidays. Do you know what they did on previous cruises?

Yes, thousands upon thousands have sailed this itinerary. We've done it twice and have it in mind again for 2016/2017 holiday season (this year is Panama Canal again on island). The ship is decked out in holiday decorations, there are cookie decorating classes, all the typical Hawaiian cruise activities, caroling, "snow fall" in the atrium, special menus, formal night Christmas day and New Years even, band and deck party (weather permitting) New Years with balloon drop, dancing and festivities in atrium, followed by Skywalkers, and so on...great sailing..We love it for all the sea days, festivities and being able to opt out and relax away instead of being all wound up by the holidays..

One Christmas cruise on Princess many moons ago, a few members of the entertainment staff organized an impromptu caroling group along the promenade. It was an unforgettable experience!

Last year we brought a small 4 ft. Christmas tree that we set up in the corner of our suite! On Christmas after we returned in the late afternoon, we noticed our steward left a small handmade ornament on the tree!

Hey Working 2 Cruise, it sounds like you didn't care for so many kids (on that I agree with you), but that didn't stop you from making the Hawaii cruise five times in three years. I must not have been that bad. At least I hope it's not. I'll think positive.

Hey Working 2 Cruise, it sounds like you didn't care for so many kids (on that I agree with you), but that didn't stop you from making the Hawaii cruise five times in three years. I must not have been that bad. At least I hope it's not. I'll think positive.

I absolutely loved those cruises! But, I didn't sail over Christmas and New Year's... it's just something to consider, although it wouldn't deter me. There are plenty of places on the ship to escape.

I hope you'll have a fantastic time!

I did the cruise on the Grand from SF. The ship was decorated all over with holiday decorations. On Christmas Day there was a gathering in the Piazza where the captain announced that some strange object had been spotted on the ships radar and later announced that it looked like a sleigh with a large man with a white beard and some kind of Red Suite. Later he announced that it was Santa Clause and then you saw him on the video looking confused about where to go. Later he appeared on the stage with presents for the kids. All very fun.

On New Years Day there was a balloon drop at mid-night with music for dancing and champagne being served to everyone.

There was days of Christmas Carrols and singing by the pop choir.

Here's some photos that I took.

DSC_0091_zpsd3109c77.jpg

DSC_0093_zpsd457d043.jpg

DSC_0115_zpsdc87fc99.jpg

DSC_0120_zps09856002.jpg

DSC_0123_zpse1dc4e8d.jpg

DSC_0123_zpse1dc4e8d.jpg

The whole cruise was fun, fun, fun.

Any other questions please ask.

Tom

Do you know for how long they leave the Christmas decorations up? We are going on the Emerald Dec 27 for 8 night NYE cruise and was hoping the decorations were still there.

Should be up when you board. May start disappearing by Jan 2 or could be there for the entire cruise.