Allure/Oasis open spaces climate?

Since there is so much open air on the main promenade and central park decks, how is the weather? I like having the air conditioning and don't like the "muggy" feeling when its too hot out.

We just got off Oasis and I was pretty surprised at how comfortable Central Park got. It was often breezy/windy and the evenings were typically nice. It did get hot on deck 8 by the stairs, since the CP doors opened so frequently. The Boardwalk had double sliding doors, which prevented this inside on deck 6. Our favorite cool spot was aft on deck 5 during early morning or late afternoon, depending on the position of the sun. The Boardwalk was quite hot and muggy most of the time.

There are A/C vents in some of the open spaces. We were sitting outside eating at Giovanni's one night and I felt cool blasts of air. Since it's all enclosed I started to look around and sure enough there are A/C vents hidden in the façade above the shops.

Edited by jamesr3939

There are A/C vents in some of the open spaces. We were sitting outside eating at Giovanni's one night and I felt cool blasts of air. Since it's all enclosed I started to look around and sure enough there are A/C vents hidden in the façade above the shops.

Given that Central Park is only open above, it is feasible to apply chilled air on deck 8 and have it keep the area cooler than the other open deck areas.

Our experience on Allure was that they could not even keep our stateroom cool enough, so I'd be surprised if they are trying to do any significant cooling to Central Park.

We just got off Oasis and I was pretty surprised at how comfortable Central Park got. It was often breezy/windy and the evenings were typically nice.

This is a good point. While obviously the weather changes, I've noticed after 2 trips on Allure that the design obviously went through some wind tunnel testing and it shows in some physical aspects of the design and the functionality. 14 days on her and I've found a lot of comfortable areas.