Your Ideal Carnival Cruise?

winddawn

So what is your ideal Carnival cruise: How many days? What ports of call? What activities? What excursions? And what little sumpin' sumpin' extra makes your cruise special? Go ahead....spill the beans! :)

The rest of us want to know!

A 8 day exotic Southern Caribbean.

Sun every day. 80 degrees. Great food and bartenders. No CHOGs, a funny CD (Matt Mitcham) and 3 sea days. :)

To arrive at St Thomas at 7am, ship overnights in port, leave the next day at 6pm...First port day would be spent in St John and the next day in St Thomas or vice versa...Would also like a Dream class ship...

My ideal Carnival cruise was going to be an 8 Day Exotic Caribbean sailing on the Breeze to Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten next October.

Unfortunately that's not happening anymore as the Breeze just got yanked out from under my feet and substituted with the Splendor. Thanks a heap Carnival!

8 days on the Sunshine with stops in St Thomas, Grand Turk, and Cozumel with 4 sea days! The bars onboard would have my Apple Crown Royal and Miami Vices would cost $1.00 the entire trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what is your ideal Carnival cruise: How many days? What ports of call? What activities? What excursions? And what little sumpin' sumpin' extra makes your cruise special? Go ahead....spill the beans! :)

The rest of us want to know!

My ideal cruise would be a combination of my 2007 cruise on the VALOR (which was not a ship that I particularly liked a lot), and my 2009 Liberty cruise (which I loved because of having a not quite perfect cruise, but it was with my MOM).

Valor in 2007, cruised with two friends (had my own cabin), but back then they still had the old "captain's party" on the first formal night. It was held in two or three of the lounges in the aft promenade deck. People really used to dress up for that, and the ships officers in their white uniforms did mingle a bit. There were drinks and nice food. It was a really classy do. (was only 8 years ago).

Fast forward 2009 Liberty. Beautiful ship, and cruised with my best friend, my Mother. Captain's party was no longer like two years ago. It was just mingle with Captain (if you could find him in the crowd on promenade), and get a buck off a drink at an already crowded promenade bar. Ok, I have never met the captain, nor do I ever feel the need to, though I greatly respect the job they do. So...ok, goodby captain's party. Hello vifp party...I was still invited back then:(. Also, Mom and I had some unpleasant mdr table mates who deserted us after night two. But guess what? Our wait staff suddenly relaxed and became so much more attentive to us, since they had time and were not running back and forth returning meals from the other two, and replacing them only to have to go back for something else. Even though we would have liked to share a table with others, we ended up with the best waiters ever for the remaining dinners of our cruise.

I know long stories. But if I could go back to 2007 and the old captain's party, and if I could once again cruise with Mom (we cannot leave Dad alone anymore), on a ship as beautiful and with wait staff like we had on the Liberty, and be still invited to the past guest party, that would be my ultimate cruise. Ports of call would not matter much, becasue we had a blast back then at Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman, but any port of call would do.

That's all. And I know, not going to happen again anytime soon.

A Winter escape 21 day B2B with some new ports that I haven't been to yet, like Martinique, Bonaire and Curacao.

Coming this Jan 23 to Feb 13 on the Glory.

Here are the ports: 1st leg leaving from Miami, then Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Antigua, Martinique, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Thomas and San Juan

The 2nd leg leaves San Juan, then off to: St Croix, St Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao before returning to Miami.

21 days of no New York winter.......aaahhhhh it's good.

8 day with 3 or 4 ports max. Southern Caribbean....on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades....[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing this for my honeymoon!!!

Seriously though, I'd prefer an adults only cruise with a cheaper Cheers program...that would be ideal to me.

A Spirit class ship out of Tampa with a Key West stop, no Grand Cayman and whatever other ports they put in there with smoking on the balcony, a solos MDR table, lots of trivia, Tervis tumbler gift, Las Vegas style shows and Butch for the CD. And a Farewell party!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Mine would be on Breeze, visiting Half Moon, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Tortola, Antigua, Barbados and Bonaire. Breeze is on my short list. All the ports would be new ones for me, except Grand Turk, and that one is worth going back to again and again.

Or Breeze visiting Costa Maya, Colon with a partial canal visit, Santo Tomas, Cartegena and Bonaire. New ports with the exception of Costa Maya and like Grand Turk is well worth going back to again and again.