I booked the Breeze not the Splendor

I booked the Breeze for August 2016 and now due to dancing of the ships we are being moved to the Splendor. They are not even comparable. I have 2 teenagers with us. Not sure what we are going to do. And I have to find out on facebook. Our last Breeze cruise they completely changed the itinerary between booking and sailing.

I booked the Breeze for August 2016 and now due to dancing of the ships we are being moved to the Splendor. They are not even comparable. I have 2 teenagers with us. Not sure what we are going to do. And I have to find out on facebook. Our last Breeze cruise they completely changed the itinerary between booking and sailing.

Yup, we were looking at the Breeze for last week of July first week of August of 2016. Not now, going from a newer ship to the Splendor with zero 2.0 upgrades no way. If I were you I'd look at the Magic, it is going to dry dock in April of 2016.

Carnival always does that to people and they don't care because this has been in the works for months and they release the info today, that is why we no longer deal with carnival and yes it happened to us with the Splendor when it was in Long Beach. They just don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they buy me the plane tickets I'd sail from Galveston but ... The Valor has my itinerary (San Juan Grand Turk St Maarten St Kitts)the week earlier I'm not sure if that is a better option to the Splendor. The Magic is only a 7 day to Amber Cove St Thomas San Juan Gran Turk. I could look at the Western option on the Magic. Can't really check out prices as the new schedule is not uploaded. I could think about Alaska or Europe but we were delaying those options.

If they buy me the plane tickets I'd sail from Galveston but ... The Valor has my itinerary (San Juan Grand Turk St Maarten St Kitts)the week earlier I'm not sure if that is a better option to the Splendor. The Magic is only a 7 day to Amber Cove St Thomas San Juan Gran Turk. I could look at the Western option on the Magic. Can't really check out prices as the new schedule is not uploaded. I could think about Alaska or Europe but we were delaying those options.

My understanding is everyone on the Valor is getting moved over to the Magic as the Valor will be doing the short 3 & 4 day Bahama run.

The Splendor is a much nicer ship than the Valor.

Same thing happen to us 3 cabins, 4 teenagers. We do not want to go on the Splendor. We need many things for the teenagers to keep busy. The boys played BBAll on the Dream and they really want that option, so we will look at the Galveston options for the Breeze once released and or the Magic out of Orlando. Now the wait for the folks being switched to be booked, then they release the rest of the open cabins.

HURRY UP, should at least be telling the folks who were switched and give us first option.

We have (had????) a group booking on the July 2, 2016 breeze.

We can sail the sane date, on an older ship, one less night, and hitting completely different islands. I'm pissed.

My TA had no idea about the change until I called her and she checked her email.

I keep trying to find the bright side and all I can up with is that the price of the new cruise should be cheaper than the one we booked.

Unfortunately, carnival has the right to make changes. If you booked through a TA he/she should have advised you. Maybe you could change to the Breeze out of Galveston.

The TA might get around to it, we booked on the Victory for a cruise out of Miami in March 2016, back in April of this year. Come May and the dance of ships happened and I heard about it on this forum and contacted my TA as to what was going on. We ended up with the Sensation instead of the Victory as there were changing ports. My TA was clueless and if it hadn't been for me proactive, who knows what would have happened.

We ended up getting an additional $100.00 OBC for the cabin ($50.00 for my wife and I) as an incentive to stay with the same cruise, but on the Sensation instead of the Victory. We were agreeable to the change with compensation offered by Carnival.

What an awful huge downgrade, I feel so sorry for those who booked airfare for Breeze. We were on Slendor, one of the worst cruises of the 22 we have been on, about a big a dropoff you can get from 1 Carnival ship to another.

I would be pissed, sure they can do it but it sucks and only $50?

Carnival always does that to people and they don't care because this has been in the works for months and they release the info today, that is why we no longer deal with carnival and yes it happened to us with the Splendor when it was in Long Beach. They just don't care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for hanging out with us anyway.

What an awful huge downgrade, I feel so sorry for those who booked airfare for Breeze. We were on Slendor, one of the worst cruises of the 22 we have been on, about a big a dropoff you can get from 1 Carnival ship to another.

I would be pissed, sure they can do it but it sucks and only $50?

You usually can't book airfare 16 months in advance....9 months is pushing it on most airlines. And no one is holding a gun to anyone's head. Don't like the ship or itinerary change...then cancel (there is no fee...even with ES).

I woke up to an email from Carnival alerting me that my Magic cruise was cancelled and to call to rebook another cruise with 50.00 OBC per person for the trouble. So I did just that, now going on the Magic out of Port Canaveral instead of Galveston.

Are the 2.0 upgrades on the magic? If so, that might be an option.

I would like to know this too, or what will be done to Magic during the dry dock?

We got offered a $40 price drop (Really?) for the change from Breeze to Splendor, as well as only $50 OBC for the stateroom. We are definitely cancelling... I hope they have some good deals coming on Magic, but I am considering NCL or Celebrity in stead. RCI prices have increased a lot during the past year. Glad we booked when they still had great deals for us, but we cannot replace the deal we had on Breeze...

Edited by APDMOM

I'm more often than not in Carnival's corner when it comes to the sillier complaints you see on here, but I think you have a legitimate complaint. If it were me ,I'd be upset too, just as I would be if I went into a restaurant and ordered steak, only to be brought a pork chop for the same price. I don't know if they gave you the option to cancel and get a full refund, but that's probably what I would do if this were to happen to me. Then I'd start shopping for a new, COMPARABLE ship to book, even if it were with a different cruise line.

I would like to know this too, or what will be done to Magic during the dry dock?

We got offered a $40 price drop (Really?) for the change from Breeze to Splendor, as well as only $50 OBC for the stateroom. We are definitely cancelling... I hope they have some good deals coming on Magic, but I am considering NCL or Celebrity in stead. RCI prices have increased a lot during the past year. Glad we booked when they still had great deals for us, but we cannot replace the deal we had on Breeze...

Pretty sure they will do the usual 20 upgrades to the Magic.

I usually sail for the ports, but in case of the Breeze, if they would have switched my cruise away from Breeze, I would be plenty pissed.

We loved the Breeze, and I don't think Splendor holds a candle to the Breeze

How arrogant of Carnival to think people wouldn't be upset about this.

Edited by LuckyZ

I am not familiar with this. Could you please elaborate? What are the usual upgrades?

They will convert the usual burger place to a guys burger place, and add red frog pub if it doesn't have it, add the blue iguana cantina and tequila bar, they will add in the C side BBQ and replace the current show with the Playlist show. Someone else might be able to tell more about the 2.0, our last cruise was before they started rolling those out.