Brilliance cabin questions

Looking at booking a Brilliance cruise for next summer and am debating between E2 and D1.

I have traditionally sailed as high and as far forward as I can as I love that motion. The cruise I am looking at does currently have 1500 and its port side twin 1000 available which hits as far forward as possible - but it looks like they are on the same level as the bridge. How does that impact the view? Would I be better off going a little further down the hall?

On the opposite end of the ship, there are several D1 aft balconies open. What is the aft motion like? Is it comparable to that in the forward section or completely different? (Granted these may be a moot point as I would be solo and it seems that there are times when solos are barred from booking them from reports on here - though they are presented as options when I look to do a mock booking to look at locations on the deck plans, so maybe that is only on certain sailings.)

Thanks!

Your outward view will be fine....you simply won't be able to see past the front of the ship's bridge wings. Since you're not the one steering the ship, it won't matter one bit!

I think the aft motion is less than forward....but on Radiance class, the aft section does get some annoying vibrations...if that doesn't bother you...go for it! No matter how far back you go, you still can't see past those bridge wings!

Your outward view will be fine....you simply won't be able to see past the front of the ship's bridge wings. Since you're not the one steering the ship, it won't matter one bit!

I think the aft motion is less than forward....but on Radiance class, the aft section does get some annoying vibrations...if that doesn't bother you...go for it! No matter how far back you go, you still can't see past those bridge wings!

Thanks!

The cruise I am looking at does currently have 1500 and its port side twin 1000 available which hits as far forward as possible - but it looks like they are on the same level as the bridge. How does that impact the view?..

Oh, that's so funny. We had this exact cabin on Brilliance for our Med cruise and we LOVED it! There are several things to consider. Basically, we wanted as far forward a cabin as possible because at that time, passengers were still allowed to smoke on the balcony and we wanted to be "in front" of that. We booked 1000 and enjoyed it very much. I don't think anyone who hasn't cruised in that cabin can really give you the specifics, but it is right next to the bridge... I mean, you share a wall... you will hear the toilet flush occasionally but what are you gonna do? Cap' gotta go too. ;):p There is very little foot traffic in the hall, obviously, as anyone who is down that way has business on the bridge and even then, most of the crew/staff would use the crew stairwells and such.

As for the view, we felt especially privileged to see the Captain and officers every morning and they would wave to us. Yes, the wing of the bridge is right there but it's not an obstacle, IMO - it's cool!! The wings are completely glass windows all around so it's not like you can't see where you're going.

We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Mind you... it's a heckuva long way from the Windjammer!! :D:D I think that might be the only negative.

Oh, that's so funny. We had this exact cabin on Brilliance for our Med cruise and we LOVED it! There are several things to consider. Basically, we wanted as far forward a cabin as possible because at that time, passengers were still allowed to smoke on the balcony and we wanted to be "in front" of that. We booked 1000 and enjoyed it very much. I don't think anyone who hasn't cruised in that cabin can really give you the specifics, but it is right next to the bridge... I mean, you share a wall... you will hear the toilet flush occasionally but what are you gonna do? Cap' gotta go too. ;):p There is very little foot traffic in the hall, obviously, as anyone who is down that way has business on the bridge and even then, most of the crew/staff would use the crew stairwells and such.

As for the view, we felt especially privileged to see the Captain and officers every morning and they would wave to us. Yes, the wing of the bridge is right there but it's not an obstacle, IMO - it's cool!! The wings are completely glass windows all around so it's not like you can't see where you're going.

We would book this cabin again in a heartbeat. Mind you... it's a heckuva long way from the Windjammer!! :D:D I think that might be the only negative.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Living in NYC, walking doesn't bother me - especially not walking back and forth on the ship. :)