Oasis Class - Oceanview Balcony Prices

Does anyone know of an easy way to look at prices of oceanview balconies (ie not central park or boardwalk) on Oasis class. ON RCI website you search for balcony room, but the price shown is usually for central park/boardwalk. Tired of seeing low prices for balcony and then having to start a reservation for every sailing to see the price of oceanview balconies, which normally are $200-$300/pp more.

Thanks in advance

When you get to the page that shows everything from suites to interiors, select the "show options" button for the balcony category and then click on the little square D1, D2, etc boxes on the left side of the page. That will reset the price on the right side of the screen to that category of cabin. Just click a different square to see a different category price.

i.e.:

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

PHOTOS

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, private balcony, sitting area, and a private bathroom.

(182 sq. ft., balcony 53 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: d1.gifd2.gif(click on one of these guys:))

Hello -

Oasis class OV Balconies range from D1 thru D8. All of these are the same room size. D8 typically has the lowest cost (and lowest floor - 6 & 7),. You pay more to be higher on the ship , but many prefer to be lower to have easy access to the promenade, boardwalk and central park.

Thanks for the reply. However, I think you misunderstood my question.

I understand the pricing structure and how to find the price of a d1, d2, d3, etc. My question is there any way to search for the price of a d1, d2, d3, etc without having to create a reservation. When you search on Royal's website for a cruise and select balcony pricing it gives you the price of the lowest balcony category (which is normally going to be central/boardwalk rooms).

I am trying to find out if there is a way to specifically do a search for cruises and have it bring up the ocean view balcony pricing. So I can find the cheapest rate for an oceanview balcony quickly.

When you get to the page that shows everything from suites to interiors, select the "show options" button for the balcony category and then click on the little square D1, D2, etc boxes on the left side of the page. That will reset the price on the right side of the screen to that category of cabin. Just click a different square to see a different category price.

i.e.:

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

PHOTOS

Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long, private balcony, sitting area, and a private bathroom.

(182 sq. ft., balcony 53 sq. ft.)

• OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests
  • deckplan Codes: d1.gifd2.gif(click on one of these guys:))

I believe this is the only way it can be done

Thanks for the reply. However, I think you misunderstood my question.

I understand the pricing structure and how to find the price of a d1, d2, d3, etc. My question is there any way to search for the price of a d1, d2, d3, etc without having to create a reservation. When you search on Royal's website for a cruise and select balcony pricing it gives you the price of the lowest balcony category (which is normally going to be central/boardwalk rooms).

I am trying to find out if there is a way to specifically do a search for cruises and have it bring up the ocean view balcony pricing. So I can find the cheapest rate for an oceanview balcony quickly.

I've not seen a way to do that on Royal's website. However, it's possible some of the travel agent websites have that capability.

There are some third party sites that will allow you to do what you want (I use one all the time to check cabin availability), but the only way to check prices in RCL's site is to actually look at specific cruises.

Edited by orville99

Is is a bit disappointing, maybe annoying, to see a good price for a balcony on these ships only to find out as you work through it that it isn't for ocean view balconies.

True, but then all of the major cruise lines are equally annoying. You can't do what the OP wants on HAL, Princess, Carnival, or Celebrity either. The only line we cruise on that does anything close to what the OP wants is Disney, and even Disney only shows you the breakdown once you have selected a cruise and date.

I can tell you that the Feb 18 & 25th, 2017 East & West Caribbean sailing on Harmony has the lowest Oceanview balcony prices I have ever seen! We paid less than an inside to book hump oceanview balcony cabins. All in for 2 people, $2245 & $2038! We have been watching prices on Oasis class for a few years now and have never been willing to pay the balcony price they are asking. To be on a brand new ship at this price is amazing. So, if Feb 2017 works for you, take a look!

Lauri

Like Orville99 said, there are some third party websites that will provide the information you want. The one a lot of us on CC use to track cruise prices isn't a travel agency and doesn't even have ads from travel agencies. Yet, for whatever

reason, we aren't allowed to even hint at the site. You can try to use google to find a good site that will track the prices for each category for all cruises.

As for Harmony, there are still a lot of good deals out there. I snagged a B1 balcony on the 7-night 3/4/2017 eastern Caribbean sailing for $1808 all in for 2. A D8 is only about $182 more total.

~ Judy