Email notifications

I am new to Cruise Critic but it is driving me crazy how I get an email notification everytime someone comments on a post I have participated in. I thought I had managed to turn this off in the settings however I am STILL getting emails for every comment. Can someone please tell me how to turn this off or else I will have to close this site (as it is driving me crazy!) Thanks

If you go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and scroll down to the bit it says "Messaging & Notification"

Then under where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode" drop, that drop down box to "No email notification" then click on "save changes"

and that shroud stop the e-mails.

if that does not work, flick the admin an e-mail community@cruisecritic.com and they should be able to help you :)

Hope this helps!

What is annoying me is the constant pop up box saying subscribe to CC when I open a thread.:(

It should not do that.As said above click on User CP (control panel) and select Edit Options.

If you click on User CP it will show the threads you have posted in and to which there are replies and also ones you have elected to subscribe to.

Another tip

for searches...

Select the search button and then select Advanced Search...it is much better.

It should not do that.As said above click on User CP (control panel) and select Edit Options.

If you click on User CP it will show the threads you have posted in and to which there are replies and also ones you have elected to subscribe to.

Another tip

for searches...

Select the search button and then select Advanced Search...it is much better.

That is why it is annoying, I sign into CC and then get pop ups saying sign up.:(

I agree about the advanced search being better.

Edited by MicCanberra

What browser are you using? (i am using Firefox, mind you I have a ad-blocker installed, so I would not see this anyway).

I got it for a day or so with Chrome but it seems to have gone away again. I also use an ad-blocker.

That is why it is annoying, I sign into CC and then get pop ups saying sign up.:(

I only get that when it has me logged out. Log back in and they go away.

Maybe just trying logging off and on again.

I only get that when it has me logged out. Log back in and they go away.

Maybe just trying logging off and on again.

I have tried that, it didn't work.

The stupid thing is I have logged in , made a post, gone to another thread and go to make a post and the pop up appears. Very strange and annoying, asking me to become a member of CC when logged in and posting. It has been happening intermittently for the last week or so.:(

• 1 month later...
If you go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and scroll down to the bit it says "Messaging & Notification"

Then under where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode" drop, that drop down box to "No email notification" then click on "save changes"

and that shroud stop the e-mails.

if that does not work, flick the admin an e-mail community@cruisecritic.com and they should be able to help you :)

Hope this helps!

I've done this and still getting emails. Will try the administer. Thanks.

I stumbled across this when trying to work out how to stop the emails...I use an iPad so not sure if it works on laptops etc. When you have posted on a thread, it marks it with a star in the top right hand corner of the thread....if you slide your finger from right to left it comes up with 2 symbols, one of which is the star, touch the star and it stops the notifications.

Hope this helps :)

I have tried that, it didn't work.

The stupid thing is I have logged in , made a post, gone to another thread and go to make a post and the pop up appears. Very strange and annoying, asking me to become a member of CC when logged in and posting. It has been happening intermittently for the last week or so.:(

Sounds annoying! Probably just CC getting you used to booking on glitchy cruise line web sites :) Sounds like similar intermittent problems.

I also have my notifications set for a once daily email of all threads I am subscribed to. That prompts me to have a bit of a browse.

When you do get an email notification there is a link on the email to unsubscribe from that particular thread. You should also set the email notification in the additional options panel to No Email Notification when you make a post if you dont want the email. Simples.