Coconut cookies on LOS

My wife made me ask this question.

We cruised Liberty back in 2007 on it's 5th or 6th sailing and it was wonderful.

My wife remembers these coconut cookies that I believe were at the Cafe Promenade and we loved them. Went every day to get some more. Kind of like what everyone is saying about the cheesecake lollipops, which I'm highly anticipating on 7/2.

The question is do these cookies actually exist or are they just a false and tasty memory in our minds? Lol!!!!

Thanks in advance

Thank you. That might be it, but what makes it a coconut "ranger" cookie?

I know these are silly questions but I do like to keep the wife happy.

If you mean coconut ranger cookies, they still have them from time to time in Windjammer and Cafe Promenade.

I LOVE Coconut Ranger cookies. That being said, I have found them on all the ships we have sailed in the Royal fleet. They have been available on the Promenade (sp) and in the WJ.

On Explorer, I asked for a Coconut Ranger Cookie and the server gave me three saying that I had to have sailed before because I asked for them by their proper name, they just had the Coconut Cookie label on the plate.

Did I say, I LOVE THEM ? ? ?

Wow! You nailed it Bob.

I just told my wife about the link and that it includes a recipe and she can't wait to try and make them. funny stuff.

Thanks again

I'll send you my address and she can send me some cookies.;):)

Thank you, Bob, for the recipe! Coconut Ranger Cookies are one of the first things we look for in the Windjammer. It means we're really on the ship :) Now I can make them for a pre-cruise party to get us ready.

Last cruise, we ran out part of the way through (or at least I never saw them in the Windjammer), so next time, I'm going to take a Ziploc and keep a few in the cabin for "emergencies".

Thank you, Bob, for the recipe! Coconut Ranger Cookies are one of the first things we look for in the Windjammer. It means we're really on the ship :) Now I can make them for a pre-cruise party to get us ready.

Last cruise, we ran out part of the way through (or at least I never saw them in the Windjammer), so next time, I'm going to take a Ziploc and keep a few in the cabin for "emergencies".

We do the same thing with the chocolate chip cookies. Can never seem to find them when we want.

We cruised Liberty back in 2007 on it's 5th or 6th sailing and it was wonderful.

My wife remembers these coconut cookies that I believe were at the Cafe Promenade and we loved them. Went every day to get some more. Kind of like what everyone is saying about the cheesecake lollipops, which I'm highly anticipating on 7/2.

The question is do these cookies actually exist or are they just a false and tasty memory in our minds? Lol!!!!

Thanks in advance

they were available every day in the WJ on our last cruise. by the end of the week they were inedible they were so stale. never checked Promenade but I would;t doubt that they were there as well

I personally hate them, I vastly preferred the peanut butter ones.

The ones on the ship and the ones the receipe was given for are very similar to our very old family receipe (ours are much better) there's no toffee bits but ours do have oatmeal, rice krispies, walnuts and more coconut.

Many years ago when we first tasted them onboard we :D:D and said someone is trying to make the family's Coconut Rangers...not quite the same. And sadly the ship over cooks theirs and there too hard and crunchy and many times little taste.

Thanks in advance

We just got off Liberty a couple of weeks ago and the "ranger cookies" were available in the Windjammer almost every day. YUM!!!:D