I can't find written policy on bringing soda and water

249A

I've searched and searched on Holland's page. I can't find any written info oyyn how much soda and water I can bring on board. Everyone on CC says "oh yes you can bring it "

but where is it documented on there site ?

I need to see it in writing..makes me feel better!

There is a written policy listing out that alcohol cannot be brought aboard, and a different policy on bringing wine on board.

Both are very limiting policies, but there is nothing else mentioned.

It's the absence of a limiting policy about other liquids that grants permission to bring them on board.

HAL really should put in writing that people are still allowed to bring as much water and soda on board as they want -- both on embarkation and port days.

That way there would be little confusion.

JMO -- I don't see the need to bring water onto the ship as it is better than what we get at home.

HAL really should put in writing that people are still allowed to bring as much water and soda on board as they want -- both on embarkation and port days.

JMO -- I don't see the need to bring water onto the ship as it is better than what we get at home.

You will never be able to convince those that are forever hugging a bottle of water not to bother bringing it on board.

OP simply asked for help, not judgement. This discourages a lot of people form posting at all. Perhaps OP is visiting a hot destination and wants to have handy water to take off ship, but really it doesn't matter.

+1 Like this.

OP simply asked for help, not judgement. This discourages a lot of people form posting at all. Perhaps OP is visiting a hot destination and wants to have handy water to take off ship, but really it doesn't matter.

Two thumbs up ! ;)

thanks.. yes just wanted to find where it's written..guess it's not.

I guess now with so many more "water" drinkers we get accustomed to our brands just like any other bottled beverages. I'm sure the water is fine, but taste has some reason why some people like to carry it on.

just like the ongoing debate between the taste of Coke and Pepsi.. some can taste the difference, some can not.

thanks.. yes just wanted to find where it's written..guess it's not.

I guess now with so many more "water" drinkers we get accustomed to our brands just like any other bottled beverages. I'm sure the water is fine, but taste has some reason why some people like to carry it on.

just like the ongoing debate between the taste of Coke and Pepsi.. some can taste the difference, some can not.

You will never be able to convince those that are forever hugging a bottle of water not to bother bringing it on board.

Some people feel that the purified water is fine. I can't keep the ship water down and belive me you do don't want to be around when it returns. So for enjoyment of other passengers I only drink bottle water on board.

So, we can bring on tonic I'm assuming. Thank you

Yes, you can bring soda, tonic and water on board. But you can also purchase it on the ship.

Personally, it's not worth the bother to me to be lugging a bunch of heavy liquid around just to save a couple of bucks. It's peanuts compared to the cost of the cruise.

Exactly. No one should have to explain why, they just need to know the how.:D But I will add I also cannot stand the taste of the ship water, but where I come from our tap water is excellent. I always use bottled water on the ship and for excursions.

I am new to HAL. But On CCL we have been fine with drinking the water from the ship. But I take a few bottles of water for "do it yourself" port days, then refill those from Lido. I also drink Dr Pepper at home, but haven't found it on any ship, so I bring a few bottles of that also. If you drink a particular soda or water at home/on a regular basis, you can definitely tell the difference. At least I can.

Exactly. No one should have to explain why, they just need to know the how.:D But I will add I also cannot stand the taste of the ship water, but where I come from our tap water is excellent. I always use bottled water on the ship and for excursions.

Being from New York City we have some of the best fresh drinking water. I have no issue with drinking the water onboard.

I don't mind the taste of the tap water on the ship but I not sure of it's salt content. Maybe it is fine but I like to be sure.

We put a nine pack of 2 litre bottles with our checked luggage with our room number on it and it was delivered to our room without a hitch.

I agree on water, but the only drink I like that does not need to be cold is apple juice. Without a refrigerator in my cabin because I booked an inside, I can't just get milk from the buffet and bring it down. So I need to know I can pack juices. I don't like ice buckets because they get the drink containers wet.

I agree on water, but the only drink I like that does not need to be cold is apple juice. Without a refrigerator in my cabin because I booked an inside, I can't just get milk from the buffet and bring it down. So I need to know I can pack juices. I don't like ice buckets because they get the drink containers wet.

Rent a fridge for around two dollars.

Carnival has just or is in the process of implementing a new policy stating that bottles will no longer be able to be brought onboard. Anything brought on (other than wine) will need to be in cans...and I believe they are limiting the amount as well.

Personally, it's not worth the bother to me to be lugging a bunch of heavy liquid around just to save a couple of bucks. It's peanuts compared to the cost of the cruise.

Putting two 12-packs of cans in a rolling bag that we drop off when we board is hardly "lugging."

And here's my math: 24 x $2.15 (soda with service charge) = $51.60

2 12-packs = +/- $5

Taking advantage of saving almost $47 means I can spend that money on something else. I don't abandon my money-saving ways because I am on vacation.

Carnival has just or is in the process of implementing a new policy stating that bottles will no longer be able to be brought onboard. Anything brought on (other than wine) will need to be in cans...and I believe they are limiting the amount as well.

Sorry...the purpose to my post was to say that I wonder if HAL will soon be doing the same thing.

Sorry...the purpose to my post was to say that I wonder if HAL will soon be doing the same thing.

I have my doubts. I'm think carnivals policy was more to stop people from sneaking on booze. I doubt that a huge issue on hal.