Benefit of JS Not Previously Mentioned

We are sailing in our first JS next year and as such have been reading the threads on the (limited) benefits of a JS over a balcony with interest.

There is one benefit I accidently came across that I have not seen mentioned: If I do a mock booking for our sailing and select a Balcony cabin, Early Traditional Dining is not available (wait list only). However, if I select a JS, then Early Traditional Dining is available (no wait list.)

I do have one question I am confused about. I know JS gets priority check-in, which depending on the lines may not be quicker. However, do we also get priority boarding? We like to get to the port early, usually before they are boarding the ship, so being able to board first with the "real" suites would be nice. We are sailing from Baltimore if it matters.

Thanks!

Brad

...I do have one question I am confused about. I know JS gets priority check-in, which depending on the lines may not be quicker. However, do we also get priority boarding? ...

At most of the ports we have been, JS guests also get priority boarding.

Yes....since priority check in means you get on the ship after you check in...as long as boarding has started....

Arrive around 11:00-11:30am...and you should be able to check in and walk right on. It's only if you arrive BEFORE the ship has been cleared of departing passengers that you might have to be in a "Holding room"...so don't get there TOO early!

Edited by cb at sea

JS perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and most Vision class staterooms), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

We checked in early before they were boarding in May on the enchantment. we had a JS and were told that we could wait in the roped off suite area with the comfy couches.when boarding started we were first on the ship.

You will be able to board with the REAL suites, but after that the JS benefits disappear. The only thing left will be a different color sea pass card and double C&A points.

I was very happy with the perks of a JS after boarding, the benefits do not disappear at all.

Thanks All!

For those who have cruised out of Baltimore in a Suite or JS, what is the Suite/JS like?

Brad

JS on the Grandeur were quit nice. As an older ship she shows some wear and tear, but the extra space in the room and balcony are very nice. My favorite thing about the JS is the shower and tub combo which is great after the "transporter tube" showers in the smaller cabins.

Baltimore does a great job processing and boarding so the advantages of dedicated suite lines only seems to save 10 to 15 minutes at the most, but I'll take any extra time I can get on the ship.

Happy to answer any additional questions.