Tracey Arm boat tour?

phabric

I am booked on the Ruby Princess round trip out of Seattle.

The itinerary states Tracey Arm 5-9am, Juneau 12:30-10pm.

I plan on taking the Tracey Arm boat excursion, it says the tour is 6 hours.

Does tour boat return you to the ship or to Juneau dock?

Edited by phabric

I am booked on the Ruby Princess round trip out of Seattle.

The itinerary states Tracey Arm 5-9am, Juneau 12:30-10pm.

I plan on taking the Tracey Arm boat excursion, it says the tour is 6 hours.

Does tour boat return you to the ship or to Juneau dock?

You will be taken back to Juneau on the excursion, and reboard the ship there. Then you can go ashore in Juneau. You are not let off on the dock but onto the ship as if you had been tendering.

Go into the Excursion pages and go into Tracy Arm. Click on the excursion so you can read about it. Right there, you'll see the tentative schedule for the excursion. Compare that to your itinerary.

We'll be on the Ruby Aug 9-16. We're doing the TA excursion. For us, it's scheduled 0730-1300, and the ship appears to be scheduled in TA 0500-0900, then in Juneau 1230-2200. Therefore, we'd miss perhaps 30 minutes off the Juneau time. However, someone recently posted the Patters from their Ruby RT, and for that sailing, the Patter said they wouldn't get to Juneau until 12:45. Either way, we've planned our follow-on excursion in Juneau for 1345, so we'll have 45 minutes to reboard Ruby from the tender side and walk off Ruby on the shore side.

Either way, we've planned our follow-on excursion in Juneau for 1345, so we'll have 45 minutes to reboard Ruby from the tender side and walk off Ruby on the shore side.

If this is a ship booked excursion, the time works fine.

However- IF it is independent, you need to verify, direct, with the vendor and disclose you are on this add on Tracy Arm tour, in case your schedule was based on the port time and not your actual time.

If this is a ship booked excursion, the time works fine.

However- IF it is independent, you need to verify, direct, with the vendor and disclose you are on this add on Tracy Arm tour, in case your schedule was based on the port time and not your actual time.

TA and Juneau will both be ship-booked.

We were on the June 14 Ruby sailing and did the Tracy Arm add on. We did not arrive back on the ship until 1330. Since you're next tour is a ship booked excursion you should be fine for 1345. However be careful with an outside excursion. We scheduled a 1400 whale watch with Harv N Marv. While we made the excursion in time there was some nervousness on the ride back into Juneau. Ultimately our biggest problem was finding time for lunch between the tours. We did not even visit our stateroom. Grabbed a quick bite at the Cafe and left again.

Btw, whale watching was my favorite of the seven overall tours we took.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

We were on the June 14 Ruby sailing and did the Tracy Arm add on. We did not arrive back on the ship until 1330. Since you're next tour is a ship booked excursion you should be fine for 1345. However be careful with an outside excursion. We scheduled a 1400 whale watch with Harv N Marv. While we made the excursion in time there was some nervousness on the ride back into Juneau. Ultimately our biggest problem was finding time for lunch between the tours. We did not even visit our stateroom. Grabbed a quick bite at the Cafe and left again.

This time I'm explicitly planning to buy some lunch aboard the TA small boat. We'll reboard the Ruby, walk across to the other side, disembark onto dry(?) land, and head to our tour. If we have time, we'll head to the cabin to exchange clothes for not-already-cold clothes. ;)

Peety, several people did buy food on the Tracy Arm boat but we did not. The food was marginal at best (microwave cheeseburgers, literally) and was pretty expensive. We were able to hold out. Good thing was by the time we returned to Juneau we were dry and no longer cold.

Even with the inconvenience it was easily the best day of our cruise. Juneau has the most to offer imo. A day and a half there would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk