Enhanced drivers license

pinkiek

Hi:

I was trying to log my mother in law in for upcoming cruise and there was no option for enhanced drivers license. It is a NY license and we are traveling on the Jewel from Seattle to Alaska and Canada.

Does she also need her birth certificate?

Thanks

Hi:

I was trying to log my mother in law in for upcoming cruise and there was no option for enhanced drivers license. It is a NY license and we are traveling on the Jewel from Seattle to Alaska and Canada.

Thanks

First call and ask NCL about the license . As I understand that enhanced drivers license is only good for land crossings.

Where I live i can't use an enhanced D.L. for cruising or flying.

You may want to look at the link from DHS regarding enhanced licenses:

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

Also, check US Customs and Border Protection about using enhanced licenses for cruises. Link: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/whti-program-background/docs-land-sea

Hi:

Thanks

EDL's are valid for closed loop and open jaw sailings within the Western Hemisphere and are similar to passport cards as they prove both citizenship and identity. She does not need her birth certificate. That's what we checked in the online checkin page because they don't have an EDL option but all we showed when we checked in at the pier was our EDL. She will also be able to cross the land border with it for excursions. The only thing she can't use it for is international air travel.

I live in Wa state and have an enhanced DL and use it on my AK cruises with no problem, it is fine for boat, train, car travel with Canada, not for air travel. I have been able to check in online with NCL previously and there was a spot for the DL number in lieu of the passport number [unless NCL changed that].

I live in Wa state and have an enhanced DL and use it on my AK cruises with no problem, it is fine for boat, train, car travel with Canada, not for air travel. I have been able to check in online with NCL previously and there was a spot for the DL number in lieu of the passport number [unless NCL changed that].

There isn't a spot, but when I called NCL, they told me to enter my drivers license number under the passport number field. I have a NY EDL and was fine checking in at the Manhattan cruise terminal. I was going on the BA to Bermuda. The only thing extra I had to do was fill out a waiver acknowledging that if I missed the ship at a port, I'm basically screwed.

I'm surprised NCL hasn't added the option yet. One of my co-workers uses RCCL and said that they have it.