New Room Service Menu??

bernie5

I wonder if Room Service will ever find a way of delivering English Muffins warm?

This is the main reason we don't do Room Service often. It is hard to keep anything warm from the kitchen to the cabins. HAL does a reasonable job, but some things are really difficult. Even in the DR toast is not usually very warm.

I find you have to order Room Service quite strategically to have a really good meal.

Edited by SilvertoGold

I wonder if Room Service will ever find a way of delivering English Muffins warm?

ROFL! Impossible unless they put the toaster in each cabin :). Our family room is on a lower level of our home with the kitchen right up the stairs. If I toast an English Muffin in the kitchen, butter it, and then bring it down to the family room (where we have our large TV) it is luck warm to cold by the time I get in my chair. When we order room service breakfast we usually request croisants, since they are OK when not heated. I have given up on toast, English Muffins, etc.

Hank

We were on the Statendam in July and the room service breakfast menu was same as before. Thank goodness, because the Lido was less than adequate: ran out of stuff at least 1/2 hour hour before official hot breakfast close time. We got bacon crumbles, lacking ingredients for omelets, and once no fresh squeezed orange juice. We resorted to room service a lot and found even poached eggs quite good.

Too funny- I've seen many on board that shouldn't have been out in the robes. At least they could tie them securely.

Princess has in room dining available (if you call an Egg McMuffin dining) :)

Yes, but Princess has more dining options at all hours. They try to drive dining to public areas rather than room service. HAL has limited hours at their public areas and offer more via room service. I'm not a morning eater, so I don't really care about breakfast much. I did order room service on the last morning of the cruise, which is a very nice option, but I didn't get what I ordered. Oh well. There's positives and negatives to each different cruise line.