Princess transfer to pier

ehogan

We will be flying into LAX a day early (for safety's sake) and staying at an airport hotel.

We thought we would arrange for a Princess transfer to the pier the next day (sail day) and just get the hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet the Princess transfer.

Is this allowed?

I really do not want to use something like Supershuttle.

Thanks in advance.

We will be flying into LAX a day early (for safety's sake) and staying at an airport hotel.

We thought we would arrange for a Princess transfer to the pier the next day (sail day) and just get the hotel shuttle back to the airport to meet the Princess transfer.

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance.

No problem.

There are two ways to do this:

• You can tell Princess you are flying in a day early. They will tell you a location and time to meet them. Then you may not have much choice on your meeting time.
  • You can give Princess a flight number and arrival time for a flight arriving the morning of embarkation. Then be at baggage claim for that flight to meet the Princess representative for the transfer. That way you can choose the time that you want to meet the shuttle.

If you go with the second item, don't get there too early. For the early flight arrivals, they will sometimes take you to a hotel to wait before taking you to the ship. I'd recommend picking a flight that arrives about 11:00 am.

That's exactly what I did in Feb. in San Francisco -- no problem.

I took the Star to Hawaii in Feb. & went into SFO 2 days early (trying to avoid the snow storms!). I booked an airport hotel w/a free shuttle. On sailing day, I simply took the free shuttle back to SFO (with my bags), met the Princess rep & the bus and was at the pier within 90 minutes. We were on the first bus out of SFO. Left the hotel at 9:15 AM; on the ship at 11:45 AM!

Do check w/Princess about where exactly to meet the rep. I thought I'd just go to the USAir baggage claim, but another couple at my hotel had instructions from Princess about the specific meeting place (terminal & area) for us early arrivals.

Have fun!

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance.

We did this in another port, not LA, no problem. Took the hotel's shuttle back to the airport, and met cruise line shuttle. We didn't tell them about hotel, they didn't ask anything. We just showed up with luggage, and that was it.

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Twice we have arrived a day early in LA and used Supershuttle to get to San Pedro and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We find San Pedro more pleasant than the airport strip and have been very pleased with Supershuttle service. Hotel offered good service to ship in the morning. We have obtained excellent hotel rates for the CP using an auction site.

Just an alternative.

Twice we have arrived a day early in LA and used Supershuttle to get to San Pedro and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We find San Pedro more pleasant than the airport strip and have been very pleased with Supershuttle service. Hotel offered good service to ship in the morning. We have obtained excellent hotel rates for the CP using an auction site.

Just an alternative.

And such a nicer alternative. I would suggest the airport option only for an early morning flight. The LAX area is basically surrounded by strip malls, and you can take that literally. If you don't want to deal with a publicly-shared shuttle, you can catch a taxi or book a land transportation company for an exclusive vehicle that will take you directly to the hotel. No need to use the Princess transfer then.

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can head back to the airport although a cab would probably be about the same $ depending on how many are in your party..

We've done this SO many times! It's a great way to get to the ship. Most airport hotel's know how this works. I do suggest that you tip the hotel shuttle driver.

Have a wonderful cruise,