Which beach on St.Thomas????

julescruisin

Apology to you. I looked it up and it was at Orient Beach in St Martin. Sorry!

Many of the French islands have clothing optional beaches, so that doesn't surprise me. Just don't want anyone stripping down at Magens Bay & ending up in the St Thomas jail while their ship sails away.:D

We took a Med cruise on the Breeze soon after she was finished. It was heavily promoted in Russia, so we had a pool & hot tubs filled with 70 year old men in tiny speedos & their 20 something girlfriends wandering around the deck in bikinis & high heels;)

We hate crowds so we have been to Sapphire and Coki. Both nearly empty when we were there and absolutely breathtaking. Not much in the way of amenities though.

I'm confused. Coki wasn't crowded? I've heard it's small so it does get filled up. (We will probably go to Coki ourselves with Coral World)

Yes, that was a confusing post!

Sapphire actually has all of the amenities you could want, and Coki has several vendors selling and renting stuff and is generally a much livelier beach because it is a small bay. Perhaps baseball mom was at Smith Bay which is stunning but has only restrooms?

Yes, that was a confusing post!

Sapphire actually has all of the amenities you could want, and Coki has several vendors selling and renting stuff and is generally a much livelier beach because it is a small bay. Perhaps baseball mom was at Smith Bay which is stunning but has only restrooms?

When we went last year to Sapphire there was some renovation going on and nothing was open. Super gorgeous though. This was in May 2014

10366246_10204193820429996_4886829209331998695_n.jpg?oh=6a1baa941fa2695d3ad65ecaa74a3150&oe=564DAF7D

Coki wasn't crowded when we were there either. Had a lot of fun with this guy. This was in December 2011

390257_2920175527742_1350774108_n.jpg?oh=8b625b16e923c7a49725346b743e3d9b&oe=5651F43B

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, Sapphire has been 'under renovations' for at least 10 years. The condo association and property owner are in a bit of a dispute. They have to truck in all of their water and have their waste taken out. Years ago, the 2 restaurants were pretty nice. My sister has a unit in the village (up behind the marina). We go yearly.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but Lindquist is where the DirecTV commercials with Hannah and her talking horse were filmed. We were there in Feb when it was done.

LOL, Sapphire has been 'under renovations' for at least 10 years. The condo association and property owner are in a bit of a dispute. They have to truck in all of their water and have their waste taken out. Years ago, the 2 restaurants were pretty nice. My sister has a unit in the village (up behind the marina). We go yearly.

I mentioned this somewhere else, but Lindquist is where the DirecTV commercials with Hannah and her talking horse were filmed. We were there in Feb when it was done.

Dive In and the restrooms were closed for awhile and the vendor stalls were removed. There is new ownership and Dive In and the restrooms are again open and projects are underway, you can find more details from longtime owners on the STT forum on TA if interested in that.