Grand experts: better view but noisier?

Flafun888

First time booking Princess: hoping experienced cruisers can give me some advice: I booked an inside for a 7 day Oct cruise, but thinking I'll step up to obstructed OV as some light is important to me, yet want to keep cost down.

Can't decide between E416 (about $185 more total for us both) or E517 (about $150 more total for both.)

Already researched CC and found all the obstructed threads + pics. 517 seems like nicer view, still close to midship (and a bit cheaper), but can't figure out what's on floor below...is the noise level too risky?

Thanks for any opinions/thoughts on this...

Based on the deck plans (and just recently sailing on the Grand), below E517 is the walkway (with sofa seating for reading/relaxing/looking out windows) in front of Explorers lounge (not in the lounge) leading from Photo Gallery to Atrium. This area is carpeted and I would think that there will be little chance of noise/disturbances.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much...really appreciate your quick replies:) Was driving myself crazy going back & forth on these two cabins. Read several good reviews re: 416, but couldn't find anything on E517. Midship is impt, since DH is prone to seasickness, but think I'll chance it on 517: doesn't seem too far aft.

Can't decide between E416 (about $185 more total for us both) or E517 (about $150 more total for both.)

Either one. E416 is above the Meridian Bay store, closes around 11pm. E517 is above the photo gallery area.

As a first time Princess cruiser there is a chance you will be upgraded. Don't expect it, but enjoy it if it happens.

Edited by sknight

Either one. E416 is above the Meridian Bay store, closes around 11pm. E517 is above the photo gallery area.

As a first time Princess cruiser there is a chance you will be upgraded. Don't expect it, but enjoy it if it happens.

That would be awesome, but nope...not expecting it at all. That's why I think I better spend the extra $ on obstructed OV to be safe, as tempting as those inside rates are. I think at least a bit of natural light is too impt to me and don't want to risk a sellout with no chance to upgrade.

That would be awesome, but nope...not expecting it at all. That's why I think I better spend the extra $ on obstructed OV to be safe, as tempting as those inside rates are. I think at least a bit of natural light is too impt to me and don't want to risk a sellout with no chance to upgrade.

Actually I meant something like obstructed view to non obstructed view. Upgrades from interior to exterior are not so common.

If location is very important to you, then have your booking marked "will not accept upgrade." Otherwise if you get an upgrade it could be to a location you would not like.

If location is very important to you, then have your booking marked "will not accept upgrade." Otherwise if you get an upgrade it could be to a location you would not like.

thanks for the tip. All I care about is somewhere reasonably close to midship on any deck, but to your point, they could put me all the way fwd on an upper deck, which could get ugly for DH if the seas are rougher. :eek:

Edited by Flafun888