Mariner Symbol

Okie1946

I need to figure this out!

Denise:)

When you have the edit signature window up, click the icon in the upper right-hand corner that looks like A/A to change the editor to text mode. Wherever you want the star symbol, type in the string as given in post #22 starting with IMG. Preview the signature, and if it looks okay, Save signature. :)

When you have the edit signature window up, click the icon in the upper right-hand corner that looks like A/A to change the editor to text mode. Wherever you want the star symbol, type in the string as given in post #22 starting with IMG. Preview the signature, and if it looks okay, Save signature. :)

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I finally got mine working :).

<snip>

You are using a symbol stored on CC rather than on the HAL site.

Yes, I was trying to copy my own Five Star image.

Why can't it copy and paste if stored on CC?

I've copied often from something posted/stored on CC.

Edited by sail7seas

[sIGPIC]]IMG]http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/5starMariner.gif[/img]

5starMariner.gif

I got it to post correctly by reversing the direction of the ] in my first post.

You want that bracket before IMG to face in this direction: [

Edited by sail7seas

Good job. :)

Looks nice.

Mine is still not working. I've noticed the AA is already crossed out on the dialogue box but it must be on text mode because when I hover over it, it says 'Remove text formatting'. Should there be a space after the first IMG? I've tried it both ways.

Ozcruizer

PS. Now the symbol doesn't show at all! :mad:

Well, it didn't show on the preview but it seems to on these pages.

Edited by ozcruizer
Correction

Mine is still not working. I've noticed the AA is already crossed out on the dialogue box but it must be on text mode because when I hover over it, it says 'Remove text formatting'. Should there be a space after the first IMG? I've tried it both ways.

Ozcruizer

PS. Now the symbol doesn't show at all! :mad:

Could it be because you have your user ID in front of it?

When I added by accident the 4 star in my signature, I just hunted someone who already had the 4 star in their signature. Then I right clicked on it to copy it, pasted it to my signature in the UserCP and saved it.

Did the same process when it was pointed out to me that I didn't have the 5 star symbol. Hunted someone with the 5 star already in their signature.

When I added by accident the 4 star in my signature, I just hunted someone who already had the 4 star in their signature. Then I right clicked on it to copy it, pasted it to my signature in the UserCP and saved it.

Did the same process when it was pointed out to me that I didn't have the 5 star symbol. Hunted someone with the 5 star already in their signature.

That's what I always did too. :confused:

That's what I always did too. :confused:

I find that things look much different on an iPad or phone then they do on a desktop or laptop. You may be able to do things differently. I tried to cut and paste and I just got a string shown, not a picture. It's not a matter of understanding. I had a friend that couldn't understand that I had a different view then she did until I showed her my iPad. Now she gets it when I say that things look different depending on the device.

I find that things look much different on an iPad or phone then they do on a desktop or laptop. You may be able to do things differently. I tried to cut and paste and I just got a string shown, not a picture. It's not a matter of understanding. I had a friend that couldn't understand that I had a different view then she did until I showed her my iPad. Now she gets it when I say that things look different depending on the device.

Right. I've always done it on my desk top and it worked. But now, when I tried cutting and pasting yours and also the ones in JTL's post earlier in this thread (post #2) it isn't working. I'm more confused than ever.

I'm saving this thread so when I do make 4-star in a few weeks I'll have the instructions. :D

That is true.

I also have an iPad but I rarely use it.

I first tried to copy and paste someone's four star symbol and it didn't work. After I correctly inserted the url, then it appeared properly. I'm using an iPad, so obviously the type of device someone is using makes a difference.

I'm saving this thread so when I do make 4-star in a few weeks I'll have the instructions. :D
Yours is just a one character change: bring up the edit window, click the A/A in the upper r.h. corner to show the code, and where you now have "...images/3starM..." make the 3 a 4. Save. :)

p.s. - If you accidentally change it to a 6 this is what you get: 6starMariner.gif :D

Edited by jtl513

Some of us found we could not simply copy and paste the symbol.

I tried to copy and paste my own which has been on my signature since 5* came into being and it would not copy. Jtl explained that is because it was saved to CC, not the web. I have no idea why or what but that was his explanation.

If anyone is having the same problem, go to the HAL site and copy and paste the symbol from their Mariner Page. :)

Some of us found we could not simply copy and paste the symbol.

I tried to copy and paste my own which has been on my signature since 5* came into being and it would not copy. Jtl explained that is because it was saved to CC, not the web. I have no idea why or what but that was his explanation.

If you were to copy any of the other star symbols shown throughout this thread they already contain the control codes and, while yours does not. It is just a "clickable link" to an image.php post attachment:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/image.php?u=32889&type=sigpic&dateline=1357436982

which is preceded by

If you were to manually change the url's to img's then the same string would be displayed as image.php?u=32889&type=sigpic&dateline=1357436982

Edited by jtl513

Yah, well, good, okay........ I think. :D :D

I got a new wireless printer that is sitting in the box beside me. I have to figure out how to connect this darn thing today and can't fill my head with other computer verbage. I haven't gotten the stomach to open the box yet so wish me luck.