Can I use my Premium Drink Package at the Champagne Bar?

This my 6th cruise with Royal but my first time purchasing a drink package. I used to get the 5 bottle of wines package when it was offered. My question is can I use the package to get glasses of Champagne at the Champagne bar on Enchantment?

This my 6th cruise with Royal but my first time purchasing a drink package. I used to get the 5 bottle of wines package when it was offered. My question is can I use the package to get glasses of Champagne at the Champagne bar on Enchantment?

Yes, as long as they have glasses of wine/champagne within the limit ($12 per glass) of your package. Anything over the limit would require you to pay the difference plus 18%.

Edited by clarea

I used mine at the Champagne Bar on the Oasis last October, I was able to get champagne and champagne cocktails. The house champagne was what I got. It was from Domain Chandon. Not, strictly speaking, champagne as it wasn't French, but made by Moët et Chandon and eminently drinkable!

Yup- had plenty there a few weeks ago. One thing to note is that not all of the drinks on the Champagne bar menu are included in the drinnk package. The Clear Chololate Martini was $18 with tax and gratuity. So just make sure you ask before ordering. Enjoy! The Raspberry Peach Bellini was delicious!

You mentioned you're going on Enchantment.... this now has the R Bar instead if the champagne bar. Doesn't change the answers above, but wanted to provide a heads up!

Yes, as long as they have glasses of wine/champagne within the limit ($12 per glass) of your package. Anything over the limit would require you to pay the difference plus 18%.

Bob,

Do they still charge 18% on the difference when you've already paid 18% on the first $12?

Can you get a mimosa using the 3 drinks put on your card as a Diamond?

Not sure if the OJ is included as a mixer. Worth a try to ask. You might find that the bar server will accomodate you.

Edited by clarea

Can you get a mimosa using the 3 drinks put on your card as a Diamond?

Ooh, I hadn't thought of this. Can I get a glass of champagne as one of my 3 free drinks? And can I specify what brand?

Ooh, I hadn't thought of this. Can I get a glass of champagne as one of my 3 free drinks? And can I specify what brand?

You can get a glass of champagne, but it will be house brand that they will pick.

Hmm :rolleyes:, that's an awfully expensive glass of bubbly.

It would be 18% on the DIFFERENCE. So lets say the glass was $12. The package includes your first $8, so you have a difference of $4. It would be $4 + 18% = $4.72

You're not paying double gratuity... only the difference on what you've already not paid.

Hmmm? Just off the Oasis and my wife and I had the Ultimate while my son and his girlfriend had the premium packages. They were never allowed champagne anywhere we went including the dining room but we were. The only exception was they could get mimosa's.

Hmmm? Just off the Oasis and my wife and I had the Ultimate while my son and his girlfriend had the premium packages. They were never allowed champagne anywhere we went including the dining room but we were. The only exception was they could get mimosa's.

That does not make sense. The Ultimate and Premium are supposed to cover the same exact alcoholic drinks. I would have spoken to Guest Services.

No, The Ultimate Pkg covers ALL drinks including the premium brands- The Premium Pkg does not...

The Premium and Ultimate packages include the same exact alcoholic drinks, cocktails up to $12.

Edited by clarea

The Premium and Ultimate packages include the same exact alcoholic drinks, cocktails up to $12.

I just purchased the Ultimate Pkg not long ago and it was a question I asked specifically!!! They said the Ultimate PKG and the Premium were"Basically the same" but the Ultimate was the only one that included the the TOP SHELF liquors as well...

Not trying to argue- but this was what I was told by Royal Carib. in that Dept...

That does not make sense. The Ultimate and Premium are supposed to cover the same exact alcoholic drinks. I would have spoken to Guest Services.

That's what we thought too. No problems other than the champagne. If it would have been just 1 place we would've fought it, but since it was everywhere not sure what guest services could have done. Send a notice out to the whole ship?

As we already paid for the premium package on the BOGOHO, I guess I won't be drinking champagne this trip. :mad:

I would'L rule it out. We were able to use the premium package for champagne on Adventure as long as it was under the $12 limit. Albeit with limited options in the sparkling wine category.