Big changes coming

redshine

I just received my new invoice from my TA after taking advantage of the offer. It is $330 pp more but I now have unlimited internet vs 400 minutes, 4 excursions, and paid gratuities. This and my OBC from TA makes it a nice perk to be added. Also, since it is not paid in full, we may get lucky and get a price drop or the opportunity to go from PH to VS or OS. I am happy with it.

Somewhat loosely related question..there had been a Nautica May 2016 Western Med sailing from Rome to Barcelona that I was following. I tried bringing it up after the O life start to see what happened with pricing and kept getting an error message, when I clicked on it. Now, I can't even find it. Any idea what black hole this cruise fell onto? I think the date was May 10.

Also, does anyone know if there was an across the board price increase on the South American itineraries, even though they are not O life? I was also following the Insignia Nov 2016 BA to Rio and can't tell for sure.

Edited by buggins0402

Somewhat loosely related question..there had been a Nautica May 2016 Western Med sailing from Rome to Barcelona that I was following. I tried bringing it up after the O life start to see what happened with pricing and kept getting an error message, when I clicked on it. Now, I can't even find it. Any idea what black hole this cruise fell onto? I think the date was May 10.

Actually, I just googled it and found it elsewhere for you, must be a computer glitch.

Edited by portofinoitaly

Looks like a bad link just email Mike Moore he will fix it ;)

Oceania didn't add extra value, they added extra cost. I would agree that they don't need to add extra value to cabin categories that always sell well, and maybe they could raise the prices. Just don't try to sell it to me as a special offer.

Does your theory include the OS & OC suites ??

I think they get extra perks for the added costs

just saying

I'm afraid that "just saying it like it is" would be to admit that you, and hundreds of your compatriots choose to look for "the cheapest house in the best neighborhood" because you already perceive an immense value on Oceania versus a less expensive Line where you could no doubt book a mini Suite for the same money. Therefore, grousing about the price of an Oceania Inside is akin to moaning about the high price of caviar.

As Paul put it so well, there was no need to further incentivize F&G accommodations because they already sell out universally and instantly upon the announcement of every voyage.

I just cannot sit by and have so many disparaging things said about inside cabins and the people who book them. As it turns out, DH and I live in one of the more expensive homes in a very desirable neighborhood in South Palm Beach County, Florida. And as it turns out, the price of caviar doesn't affect us in the slightest; however, booking an inside cabin on the R ships and a window cabin on the O ships has been fine for us for the last 10 years and before that on Rennaisance! We just finished our 20th and have 3 more booked.

Just checked on a Baltic 14-day cruise on Celebrity - Aqua Class (I have included air) for $5300 per person. The same cruise - but only 12 days in an inside cabin on Oceania would be $5399 per person. Notice almost exactly the same, but in far different categories. Sailing on Oceania IN ANY CATEGORY is not inexpensive. However, the cruisers in something less than veranda cabin are denied perks offered to others with the cost of the cabin being increased with nothing in return. That being said, please do not try and act as if we were second class citizens looking for a "bargain," as there are none available. The next 3 cruises will be costing us $45,000 not an inconsequential amount!! So please just stop it!

Looks like a bad link just email Mike Moore he will fix it ;)

Will do...

Now shows up but with the bad details link. No big issue and a much smaller problem than the NYSE had today.:)

Just tried again and when I do a Med search for Nautica, cruise doesn't show up.....seems to be two issues.

Edited by buggins0402

Does your theory include the OS & OC suites ??

I think they get extra perks for the added costs

just saying

Now that is a very interesting question! I hardly think they could be denied the perks but I suspect it's a problem that's unlikely to trouble me any time soon :).

I think these suites are over rated anyway. I was looking at kekilia's pictures and it seems they were so short of space in the bathroom they had to put the bathtub on the veranda. And they must be short of wall space because the TV is out there too :D:D:D.

You are very wrong about that! The OC (and the VS and I'm sure the OS) have a jacuzzi in the bathroom as well as a large walk-in shower. But they ALSO have jacuzzis on the veranda.

Did you really think that people have to go out to the veranda to take a bath?

Okay, I see your :D :D :D and I figured out you are kidding! The OC is a wonderful suite ... complete with second bathroom.

Mura

Truly, Mura, I was kidding. The clue was indeed in the :D:D:D.

Put it down to the British sense of humour.

Sella

PS I am still amused by the thought of people out on their verandas wearing nothing but a few Bulgari soap suds and clutching a loofah - even if I did know it was a jacuzzi.

Yes, Sella, sometimes I'm slow on the uptake.

But I decided to send the post anyway, even after I figured it out!

I will say that on the very few occasions when I had one of those outdoor jacuzzis it never occurred to me to dip into it a la nature! That's why we have bathing suits, right?

We had an aft OC in November 2013 and if I'd been skinny dipping in the outdoor jacuzzi the passengers on Regent's Navigator (which were docking at the time) sure would have had an eyeful ....

Probably more than they would have wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mura

Looks like I can deadpan just as well in print as I can in the flesh!

And talking of flesh, it wouldn't do to go scaring those Regent passengers. They're on a luxury line you know :D:D:D.

Which probably means their suites come complete with binoculars!!!

And talking of flesh, it wouldn't do to go scaring those Regent passengers. They're on a luxury line you know :D:D:D.

I would expect no less!!!!

Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Thanks, I was drinking coffee when I read that...now need a new keyboard.:D

I just heard from my TA about my June '16 Nautica cruise.

The increase in fare is $400/pp = $800.

What I would receive is PPG (for me that is $600 OBC), free unlimited internet (around $400 @ $20/20 days) and 5 free excursions.

If I value them around $150 each (and in Norway they are usually more) then $150 X2 X 5= $1500.

That is around $2500 value (or more, depending on excursions) vs $800 expense. That would be my definition of a good deal :)

I just heard from my TA about my June '16 Nautica cruise.

The increase in fare is $400/pp = $800.

What I would receive is PPG (for me that is $600 OBC), free unlimited internet (around $400 @ $20/20 days) and 5 free excursions.

If I value them around $150 each (and in Norway they are usually more) then $150 X2 X 5= $1500.

That is around $2500 value (or more, depending on excursions) vs $800 expense. That would be my definition of a good deal :)

As long as you like group bus tours. We don't. We also didn't make the PPG=OBC cutoff date so our OBC is $250 or so, not as robust as yours. Don't care about internet. Glad the OLife works for you but it doesn't appeal to us and neither does the increased cost.

I agree about the group bus tours. I never do them as I detest being herded around with forty or fifty other people with no control of time or agenda. This is the reason I will never sail Regent as long as the included (I mean, forced) excursions are in place, and they hold no interest for me on O either.

As long as you like group bus tours. We don't. We also didn't make the PPG=OBC cutoff date so our OBC is $250 or so, not as robust as yours. Don't care about internet. Glad the OLife works for you but it doesn't appeal to us and neither does the increased cost.

Of course, in this case as in any other, YMMV.

What works for some doesn't for others.

While we do prefer private tours, we have taken cruise ship tours on O and other cruise lines and they are OK with us. Some are better than others but the same can be said about private tours (been there, done that :D).

Private tours for just 2 people are different as you have total control of everything, but then you pay for that; total control is not necessarily true for private tours in smaller groups.