Question about inner bed arrangements

twinkle toes

Curious if anyone can shed some light on this. I have been looking at taking our daughter with us, and we wanted to get an inner cabin. Whenever I look at inner rooms for 3 people, they always give the option as only twins with either one or two uppers. Is this a glitch in the system or do they really expect everyone to sleep in twin beds?

I am not sure, but I think if you do three in an inside, it is more convenient to have the lower bed made into twins to make access to the upper bunk easier. Otherwise, the person in the top bunk would be coming down onto the bed below, and it would make for awkward floor space. Just my thoughts.

I shared a cabin with my dad and my aunt. The ladder is normally mounted on the side of the bed, but it's movable. I moved it to the foot of the bed so that it didn't interfere with my dad getting up at night. Some cabins you might not be able to do that. Anyway, for safety reasons, princess will only make up the inside rooms in the twin configuration.

Curious if anyone can shed some light on this. I have been looking at taking our daughter with us, and we wanted to get an inner cabin. Whenever I look at inner rooms for 3 people, they always give the option as only twins with either one or two uppers. Is this a glitch in the system or do they really expect everyone to sleep in twin beds?

My daughter had a conversation with a rep on this subject just last week. She was told maritime law dictates that the arrangement is this way. So yes, they do expect everyone to sleep in a twin bed.

Generally this is the logical reason. Picture a queen bed centered in the middle of a cabin with entry aisle on each side between the bed and cabin walls. Now picture upper berths against the cabin wall over the entry aisles. It would be pretty difficult to get into the queen bed by ducking under the upper berth. This is why the lower bed needs to be split making what would be like upper and lower bunk beds with a center entry aisle. Makes sense when you think of it this way.

Edited by sknight