lobster tail in buffet

cruise to live

May 12 cruise on Golden to Alaska, on the second Formal Night, the Horizon Court served 4 oz. lobster tails next to the carving station. I had three tails and a salad. I guess I could have had seconds. After my dinner, I went to the dessert station and looked over to the carving station and the staff kept the white square tray full of lobsters. This was a first for me. I have photos, but I don't know how to post, sorry.

Edited by Gimer

May 12 cruise on Golden to Alaska, on the second Formal Night, the Horizon Court served 4 oz. lobster tails next to the carving station. I had three tails and a salad. I guess I could have had seconds. After my dinner, I went to the dessert station and looked over to the carving station and the staff kept the white square tray full of lobsters. This was a first for me. I have photos, but I don't know how to post, sorry.

Excellent! :D

I saw it several years ago, but not recently. It probably depends on if foresee having extras. When I saw them they were split and grilled. They were pretty good for frozen lobster. I liked them better than the ones in the MDR. As I said, though, I haven't seen them there in many years and I eat in the buffet often.

Some ships serve Beef Wellington in the buffet on a formal night, but there have been a few times they didn't do that lately, too. When asked, they said they don't do that anymore. Then, on another ship, I'll see it.

Edited by KruzPrincess

I don't get all the fuss over lobster tails. Probably one of the most overrated dishes that Princess does. I had it a couple of times, but now I don't bother.

I must agree.

I love Lobster, but the frozen rubbery tails leave me cold. I might have one with my steak, but wouldn't miss it, if it wasn't there.

I must agree.

I love Lobster, but the frozen rubbery tails leave me cold. I might have one with my steak, but wouldn't miss it, if it wasn't there.

I agree wholeheartedly. Frozen lobster tail is NOT lobster in my book. You want lobster go to New England, Boston, Maine, etc and get fresh LOBSTER. It is not a formal night food. It is an eat with your hands, melted butter on your chin, and bib around your neck type of food.

I agree wholeheartedly. Frozen lobster tail is NOT lobster in my book. You want lobster go to New England, Boston, Maine, etc and get fresh LOBSTER. It is not a formal night food. It is an eat with your hands, melted butter on your chin, and bib around your neck type of food.

You speak the Gospel Brother Mommypig! I'd love to get it in Maine, but thank gawd I live in the SF Bay Area where there are a couple of places that fly it from there. Otherwise, non-fresh, non-cold water lobster borders on blasphemy. Now, don't tell me the escargot is frozen....:eek::D

We just got off from Caribbean Princess last week. This was a seafood lunch at the Horizon.

IMG_0876_zpshh7nygqu.jpgIMG_0876_zpshh7nygqu.jpg

You're making me HUNGRY! :D

I've got a nice Fish and Chip Takeaway within 2 blocks of me, so I might take a walk over there, they've also got sit down service, and enjoy an early tea. I NEED to go to the supermarket, so I can multi-task the walk.

There were tons of seafood at Horizon. The special gala one was near the end of the cruise. The date and time was posted on Patter. It was from 12:00 to 2:00. There is no need to go early to line up at the entrance. They refilled constantly. Everyday, there was always nice seafood dishes at the Horizon, such as this stew:

IMG_0690_zpsmmoyr0mq.jpg

Or this. The sea scallops were huge. Most passengers were discipline.

IMG_0496_zpsphk7fjsr.jpg

Every evening, there was an oyster bar at Horizon.

Oyster%20Bar_zpsgm37kqzc.jpg

The Solstice Arctic Circle on Caribbean Princess was the most memorable seafood meals. We did not over eat. We both did not gain weight after 16 days.