Single Travellor

theldaken

I think you'd find it very comfortable. I'm a 70 year old male and I find the Princess ships to be very easy going. Not stuffy or pretentious as some cruise lines, nor are they real "party ships". You can dine by yourself or join others at one of the larger "community" tables.

Edited by Treven

I think you'd find it very comfortable. I'm a 70 year old male and I find the Princess ships to be very easy going. Not stuffy or pretentious as some cruise lines, nor are they real "party ships". You can dine by yourself or join others at one of the larger "community" tables.

I agree. I would just avoid the shorter (less than seven-night) cruises over holidays to minimize the number of kids and partiers onboard with you.

I agree. I would just avoid the shorter (less than seven-night) cruises over holidays to minimize the number of kids and partiers onboard with you.

Definately!

I have done a number of cruises with Princess as a solo cruiser and have enjoyed every one. I have found that I can socialize as much or as little as I want. It's helpful to join the roll call for your cruise to make connections with some of the folks you will be traveling with, and often I have been able to sign up for private tours that others have set up.

I travel solo, am a single female, and have done many Princess cruises

....and loved them all :)

The ships are beautiful, and the crew delightful

I always have a great time :D

I have a big adventure planned for next year - September 2016, sailing Sun Princess from Brisbane to the Solomon Islands, PNG and Vanuatu

....come and join me! :)

I've cruised solo several times on Princess and I've enjoyed them all. The ships are nice and I've always been treated well. You can join in on activities as much as or little as you wish. I'm kind of a loner and I've still met some wonderful people who have become good friends. It's all good.

A single friend suggested Princess because of the age of the passengers and that Princess is not a "party" line. Tried it and have never looked back. Have no desire to try other lines. I feel safe and secure with princess. I do take cruise sponsored tours for several reasons main one being if the your is late coming back, the ship will wait for the tour. Have never felt uncomfortable being a solo cruiser. Go for bit!

I have been on 9 princess cruises as a solo traveler

i would avoid hoilday cruises which are usually families and the short cruises party goers

I have done both, they were ok but not my favorite cruises

i usally go for the longer cruises based on the itinerary and not too many sea days

no matter what , Princess treats me well, staff is excellant

i also use princess tours , find them to be reliable , i know i will get back to the ship on time

my next cruise june 2016 14 days to the norweigan fiords . its going to be great

i know the 1st time you travel solo it can be terifying

It bring back memories of my 1st solo trip : FRIGHTENING

i have been travelling solo since 1990 : independently , group tours and cruises

but once you get started it becomes old hat. And you meet so many people along the way

life is too short not to enjoy

go for it!!!

Everyone above has good advice, especially joining the roll call and a trivia team. I've met so many really, really nice interesting people that way!

I've sailed Cunard as a solo and also Princess (many times) and I actually think Princess is more conducive to solo travelers. The passengers seem more friendly and not as shocked that you're traveling alone, there are more opportunities to join in activities and there is still plenty of quiet space to enjoy a little peace to yourself. The cabins (even the insides) are comfortable and sufficient for solos, although they're smaller and not as well laid out as Cunard's. The price is usually better if you book in the last 6 weeks or so if you're interested in a sailing that isn't very popular. Go and have a great time!

Same as other replies, cruised solo many times. Always felt comfortable. Do as much as you like or as little. Just enjoy yourself. I always ask for a table of 6 or 8 in MDR.

Same as other replies, cruised solo many times. Always felt comfortable. Do as much as you like or as little. Just enjoy yourself. I always ask for a table of 6 or 8 in MDR.

Yes do ask for a table with others. Great to share stories. ;)

3 years ago I cruised from Sydney around New Zealand by myself on Sea Princess. The first day aboard was the roughest as I had flown straight from the US and arrived on boarding day. I had requested a table for 1 and beds set up as twins-none of which had been done. After these issues were resolved, I had one of the most memorable cruises of my life. Met new friends from other countries that I am still in contact with. Also remember, as a single, you will get credit for 2 cruises, bumping you up to Platinum status quicker with Princess. As a single in a new location, I chose to take all Princess tours in New Zealand and they were wonderful. Just remember to break up your flight if you are flying long distance and arrive a day before so you will be rested