Does Ruby have a Spa Cafe?

Santiago Sister

Hi all, I've been looking around threads and floor plans but don't see any

Spa Cafe, something that offers breakfast or healthy alternatives near the gym, spa, etc. Is there such a thing on the Ruby? We loved it on Celebrity and found ourselves there often in early mornings, so hope we might find something like that.

Thanks,

Edited by Santiago Sister

Spa Cafe, something that offers breakfast or healthy alternatives near the gym, spa, etc. Is there such a thing on the Ruby? We loved it on Celebrity and found ourselves there often in early mornings, so hope we might find something like that.

Thanks,

Not that I have seen. The Sanctuary does have a small menu with healthy type choices.

There was a photo of it on CC somewhere.

Maybe your experience was different than mine, but on Celebrity Infinity a couple years ago the Aqua Spa Cafe did not open until around 8 AM (well after the Horizon Court on Ruby Princess will start breakfast) and the supposed "healthy" offerings were just as carb and sugar laden as regular buffet food. On Ruby you will find the same muesli, fruit salads and fibrous baked goods in the Horizon Court.

Thanks,

No, Princess does not have an equivalent to the SPA Cafe when it comes to things like green drinks, etc.

Thanks for the tips about Spa Cafe. We'll try the Santuary, and the Horizon Court. Our body clocks are always so used to waking up early, we get a workout in and then we're ready to eat healthy. These options sound good to try. Thanks for sharing the names! We're happy to be trying Princess for this cruise.

Thanks for the tips about Spa Cafe. We'll try the Santuary, and the Horizon Court. Our body clocks are always so used to waking up early, we get a workout in and then we're ready to eat healthy. These options sound good to try. Thanks for sharing the names! We're happy to be trying Princess for this cruise.

Keep in mind that the Sanctuary is not free -- about $40/day/person extra. Horizon Court is the buffet dining area.

It sounds like a lot of what you're looking for is at the International Cafe...

I don't think the International Cafe is in line with the Spa Cafe.

The Spa Cafe tends towards things like blended green drinks, yogart, fruit, etc.

Those kinds of things that are pushed as healthy.

The International Cafe is certainly not health focused for breakfast. Unless you consider doughnuts to be healthy. Maybe the egg muffin.

Lunch is a bit different with salads, but not in the same way as the Spa Cafe.

You can get all kinds of healthy selections at the Horizon Ct., including yogurt, fruits, hot & cold cereals, milk, juice, coffee, regular and herb teas. But, no blended veggie drinks. Eat inside, on the rear Horizon Terrace Deck, at the tables by the Lido Pool, or bring back to your cabin. The DR on deck 6 is open for breakfast where they can serve pretty much what you want, but again I have not seen blended veggie drinks. You can also arrange to have fruit, tea, coffee delivered to your cabin before your workout. After your workout you can indulge. There is a fridge to keep things cool.