what to do all day with late flight out of Fort Lauderdale??

Even the longest cruiseline excursions (Airboats, Flamingo Gardens, etc.) will get you to the airport by mid afternoon and you'll still have lots of time to kill. If you can I would use your cruiseline's luggage valet program to check your luggage thru to your final destination and free you up to sightsee in Fort Lauderdale for the day. If that isn't an option you can take your luggage to the airport and store it at Bags to Go (http://www.bagstogo.net) in each terminal for pickup by 5:30 (I think; check the website). Then either take a taxi into Fort Lauderdale or, if it is a weekend, take the free Airport Link of the Sun Trolley (http://www.suntrolley.com). I would spend the day hopping on and off the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) at the beach and at Las Olas. There are lots of shopping and restaurants along the route. Then back to the airport on the sun trolley or by cab to get your luggage from Bags to Go and check in for your flight.

The other alternative is to rent a car and use it as both luggage storage and transportation. Check out http://www.sunny.org for what you can do on your own.

Edited by capriccio

Last year my daughter and I (ages 50 & 75) did early self-debarkation, took a cab to the airport, and rented a car for the day. We drove to Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, and had a lovely day, even though it rained lightly during part of it. If it had been sunny, we might have gone to the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk instead. Having the rental car gave us a secure place (the trunk) to leave our luggage. BTW, I didn't misspell Broadwalk. The walk is made of bricks, not boards.

Hi neighbor (also live in N Myrtle Beach by the Cherry Grove Pier), had the same situation this past Oct., what we did was to rent a car at the airport and get a day room at one of the local hotels. That way you have transportation to see some sights and a place to hang out for the day.

I asked this question the other day and this looks like a good option. You have the room from 10am to 6pm and can use all the facilities.

Billy.

We used the Rodeway Inn and Suites, 2440 West State Road 84. The phone # 1-954-792-8181. It was about $50 for the room. You have to call to reserve it but you can get the info on he website. They only have a few rooms set aside for this so it is important to reserve it ahead. The place is very clean, great service and they have a free shuttle that will take you to the airport. They will also take you yo the beach area . This was the only place we could find that would let you reserve ahead of time. We were more than pleased.

Consider looking at excursions through your cruise line.

We hired a shuttle to the everglades (I forget the name, maybe holiday park? The one where gator boys are). We did the tour and kill the afternoon there. It was fun.

There is also a decent mall I believe Sawgrass it's call. You could hang out there. Or rent a car and go exploring.

Are you taking that Spirit flight home? If so that flight is at 7:50 PM (all of my friends and family take the Spirit morning flight down and the evening flight back to MB is how I know).

I would get a day room at a hotel but not the Rodeway Inn. I would get something off priceline or hotwire. You'll pay for the entire night but it will be much nicer than the Rodeway.

Yes we are taking Spirit, I think the flight leaves around 8:30pm. If you get the room the night before wouldnt I have to check out at 11am or if I get it for the day, we couldnt check in until afternoon right?

Thanks

Get it for that night. If you can't check in yet, the hotel will hold your luggage and allow you to use the facilities.