Majesty to get Upgraded

Those ships have pretty large pool decks, I'm sure they'll shoehorn them in somewhere. The slides emptied right into the pools on Carnivals old Holiday and Fantasy Class ships. They could do something similar on MJ. Maybe make one of the pools for families and kids, the other just for adults.

I see we're on the same page when it comes to ship aesthetics.

I can't imagine the waterslides emptying directly into the pools simply because it would cause a problem with headroom over a large walking area. You don't need a tremendous amount of water in the 'landing pad' of the waterslide, which is probably why people think it could end in the 'wading area' of one of the two pools on Her Majesty. I am not so sure.

It would make more sense to me (JMO) to have it use some of the Sports Deck. Perhaps have it start from above an area on the level of the upper deck Pool Bar and wind its way down to the Sports Deck as its landing zone. I surely don't see this waterslide as one as large as they probably can fit on the new Harmony....but a waterslide is still a great idea.

They never added any balconies to Sovereign class.

Legend and Splendour had balconies appended to their Deck 6 oceanview cabins. It's not nearly as Frankenstein looking as the balconies Carnival added to Fantasy class ships.

Sovereign of the Seas had balconies added. It was the only one of the 3 (Monarch, Majesty, Sovereign) that had the added balconies. Monarch and Majesty had the balconies on Deck 10 from the beginning.

Here is the Sensation leaving PC... the afterthought balconies are certainly mucho ugly. The second pic is the Monarch leaving PC, the balconies that were added don't look like after thoughts. I'm guessing they are all the same on the MJ.

2qvwk6x.jpg

fm8a2o.jpg

Did the balconies on Sovereign change the category from Ocean View to JS or??

There were no balconies at all on Sovereign's Deck 10, where all the suites are located. (There was a video shown on RCI's TV for several years, showing the Sovereign's revitatlization, including the addition of the balconies.) Adding the balconies brought the suites up to the other ships' standards. There was no change in category.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I don't recall if there was a category change, but that sounds logical.

I remember seeing a multi-part documentary on the process. This is all I could find doing a quick search:

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/-Extreme-makeover-for-Sovereign-of-the-Seas

EDIT: Found the name of the documentary:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/gatewayPage.do?pagename=discovery_channel&pnav=3&snav=0

Thanks for the link. I've seen it on ship but never on TV. Nice to see it listed.

Sovereign of the Seas had balconies added. It was the only one of the 3 (Monarch, Majesty, Sovereign) that had the added balconies. Monarch and Majesty had the balconies on Deck 10 from the beginning.

Here is Sovereign without the balcony cabins... There appears to be some sort of large windows where the balconies were eventually added.

IM000483_zpstcnynuvi.jpg

Here she is with the balcony cabins... (I couldn't find a clear picture of her under the RCI logo)

Sovereign-cruise-ship_zpsbmjb9jvf.jpg

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I was attempting to poke some fun at Carnival Cruise Line as the previous poster was implying it was Carnival themselves, rather than their new spin-off brand Fathom (as a division of Carnival Corp), going to Cuba.

Somehow my joke just didn't "land" :o:o

It landed with me, LOL. Your joke made sense to me because Carnival is known as the "party line". Beer pong in Cuba...:rolleyes:

Of course when Sovereign did the test for balconies they added one to deck 9 and one to deck 10. They scrapped the idea for the SOV's on 9 and added the balconies in 10. OK - here is the kicker - they kept that one balcony on 9.

So it was an SOV, and priced as such but had a balcony, AND if you were eligible for a balcony discount you got one. I think it was 9028, but don't quote me on that. I am sure someone out there recalls the cabin number. We were fortunate to have that cabin many times.

m

Of course when Sovereign did the test for balconies they added one to deck 9 and one to deck 10. They scrapped the idea for the SOV's on 9 and added the balconies in 10. OK - here is the kicker - they kept that one balcony on 9.

So it was an SOV, and priced as such but had a balcony, AND if you were eligible for a balcony discount you got one. I think it was 9028, but don't quote me on that. I am sure someone out there recalls the cabin number. We were fortunate to have that cabin many times.

m

9028 is what my notes say too Marci.:)

That would make a great Royal Caribbean Trivia question:)!

Bob - Thanks for verifying. I had a lot of Sovereign sea pass cards with ...028,

I usually say I like the good old days, and now I can go back to the good old days and sail a Sovereign class from PC. Actually I never sailed the Majesty so this will compete the trio for me. Maybe I'll even get lucky and be in line for a crystal block. I already have a Sovereign and Monarch.

Marci

m

I remember trying to get that one..........did a few times.....ahhh,the good old Sovereign.............best crew/staff EVER!

I saw some old topics about it and there was a link to a picture but it doesnt work, I wonder if it was removed

I found that thread too. The link was to Webshots, which has since gone rogue, so those pics no longer exist.

You folks are correct. It was 9028. :) It was Sovereign's little hidden secret.

Mea culpa; I was wrong and appreciate the correct information.

As far as the documentary on Sovereign, I had always seen it onboard a Royal Caribbean ship and never realized it must have been a very condensed version. I found a much longer and in depth version of the documentary on Youtube. Here is part 1 (should link to parts 2 - 5). Each part is approximately 40 minutes.

Mea culpa; I was wrong and appreciate the correct information.

As far as the documentary on Sovereign, I had always seen it onboard a Royal Caribbean ship and never realized it must have been a very condensed version. I found a much longer and in depth version of the documentary on Youtube. Here is part 1 (should link to parts 2 - 5). Each part is approximately 40 minutes.

Thanks for that link, I was looking earlier and could not find it.

Brilliance, Jewell, Navigator

Way to complicated, this was middle leg of 3 cruises. No suites left on Brilliance TA, no price protection on Brilliance Med.

Ooh, that's a shame, sorry to hear. When was the TA, fall of 2016? Being in the middle of a b3b really complicates things, doesn't it?

Way to complicated, this was middle leg of 3 cruises. No suites left on Brilliance TA, no price protection on Brilliance Med.

I am sorry you have to re-work your plans.

I guess that means they are bringing her over non-rev. Maybe they are doing a dry-dock at Cadiz before sending her over to Tampa.

Maybe they have found a way to start adding more cabins to Vision class ships.

Ooh, that's a shame, sorry to hear. When was the TA, fall of 2016? Being in the middle of a b3b really complicates things, doesn't it?

Yes, Fall 2016. It was the leg before the cruise that put us on MJ. If we go Brilliance, I need to scrap MJ and try and book Brilliance. Jewel will be all rehabbed, but it ends up in San Juan. Happy Friday

We are on the Brilliance TA and I was surprised at how fast the suites went.