Navigator Food Choices (Seeking Opinions)

Chops - overpriced for what you get. They couldn't cook my steak the way I wanted it and the waiter complained about how he doesn't make any money on the longer cruises. I am spoiled by great steak houses where I live.

Sabor - pretty amazing food for a ship. Fresh Guac made table side to start. I was full before my dinner came. The Margaritas that they made table side were great too.

Giovannis - ate there twice because I loved the food and I loved the service. Did the pasta making class as well, not realizing that lunch was included by the time you were done, and was completely happy. The pasta making class came with wine to drink. I had the risotta and the lamb chops and if you get Ivor as a waiter you won't be disappointed.

MDR - first experience there was awful, food was ok but wait staff could of been replaced. Second experience in the MDR and food and staff were great. Third and last experience in the MDR (with the wait staff we had the first night) - food and service we amazing.

Buffet - Loved being able to walk up and get over easy eggs - which is what I traditionaly eat. Had a beverage package so had the fresh squeezed orange juice everyday. Much better then what was out of the fountain. Grabbed snacky food in the late afternoon a couple of times. Loved their french fries.

Johnny Rockets - ate there once. Good hamburger but loved the onion rings. Since we had beverage packages there were no additional charges for drinks

BTW - since we had the beverage packages each time we ordered an additional bottle of wine for dinner they looked to see if it would be cheaper by the glass or by the bottle (the bottle got a 10%) discount. We rarely paid extra for wine because they really looked out for us.

Totally agree on Chops and Giovanni's, remember Giovanni's is available at lunch for 15 or less but on sea days only

Does anyone know if they have the salad bar in the MDR for lunch on sea days? On our first cruise on Radiance this was my son's favorite. Thanks

Yes, the Tutti Salad is offered in the MDR at lunch.

llachance, thanks for the recent review. I will have to look more into Giovannis. Sabor is pretty much a given to try, I think...

SAMom and GeorgeC, thanks for the input also... for the most part I plan on sticking with the MDR, but will at least try one or two of the other options... maybe Johnny Rocket's for lunch one day... If they have the Chili Cheese Burger or Fries, I would have to dive into that for sure :) I haven't checked the JR menu yet..

Greetings, all. And thank you for your input and help. My next question.

After searching, I found the following thread that included a room service menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...48&postcount=5

It appears that this is a little over two years old. Can it be verified that it is current?

Also, does the door hanger tag include those hot items for everyone? I was uncertain as someplace I saw something about suites getting different options or similar.... (I am not in a suite.. I am in a balcony near front)

THANKS!

Greetings, all. And thank you for your input and help. My next question.

After searching, I found the following thread that included a room service menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...48&postcount=5

It appears that this is a little over two years old. Can it be verified that it is current?

Also, does the door hanger tag include those hot items for everyone? I was uncertain as someplace I saw something about suites getting different options or similar.... (I am not in a suite.. I am in a balcony near front)

THANKS!

The link you posted is corrupted. You have to select "Copy Link Location" as opposed to a simple copy/paste.

The door hanger includes hot items for all stateroom categories.

Haha, and so it is... and my day job is IT and software development. You think I would have not let that happen. oops. Poor quality control on my part.

Thanks for the door hanger info... That helps to clarify.

Here is what I MEANT to post. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

I also some questions if you don't mind my asking on the OP's thread here.

1. Where do you get fresh squeezed OJ in the buffet on the Navigator and

2. Is Jonny Rockets open for lunch on port days? I know all other restaurants are closed but not sure about this one.

Such good information being shared here!

• 2 weeks later...
1. Where do you get fresh squeezed OJ in the buffet on the Navigator and

There will either be a dining room attendant selling it at a dispenser station, or, you can ask your server (it is an extra charge if you don't have the Royal Replenish or Ultimate drink package).

2. Is Jonny Rockets open for lunch on port days? I know all other restaurants are closed but not sure about this one.

It opens at 2:00pm on port days.

Edited by rudeney
fix quotes

hey bonvoyagebites, hello AZ neighbor... I am a native and love my Mexican food.. I am thinking I will have to do Sabor because I don't think I can go 7 days without a margarita and chips and salsa. Were on the NOS Sept 20th. What is your favorite Phoenix Mexican restaurant? Have a great time!

Edited by Carrie10026

OH Geez.. I cannot say for sure what my favorite is, but there is a local place right off the 17fwy (and Central Ave, I believe) that you would drive right past if you didn't know it was there, and it is quite a surprise. It's called "Comedor Guadalajara"... if you go past it, it's much nicer on the inside... don't be afraid :)

Super quick reply. Thanks, clarea ! Truth is, I just hate talking on telephones. They are made for internet, not talking... geez. ;) I think my phone hatred comes from my days as a helpdesk person. ... but I digress.

Thing is, you can ask for things on the phone that are not listed on the TV, like a fruit plate, or extra crackers for your cheese, etc.

Good point. Maybe I will just need to put on my big boy pants and make the call. :) like maybe a steak sandwich with no bbq sauce. Any good tips I should know, like things that aren't listed that I can get anyway? (i.e. HAL will bring whatever you want to your room for breakfast, if the MDR is open.. you can ask for eggs benedict even)...

I will say that "honey stung chicken" sounds like something I am going to want.

Greetings,

We will be taking our first RCI cruise in October, and wanted to get a general overview of recent opinions on which venues are not to be missed on our trip. We will be doing 7 days, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel...

The Mexican place (Sabor IIRC) sounds good... what does everyone think? I LOVE food (see video below), sadly for my waistline... but it is a cruise highlight for me....

We are Jeff and Pat from Atlanta and we too are on this sailing. Always look forward to being waited on for dinner, so I too wait to see the comments on the various food venues.

Good point. Maybe I will just need to put on my big boy pants and make the call. :) like maybe a steak sandwich with no bbq sauce. Any good tips I should know, like things that aren't listed that I can get anyway? (i.e. HAL will bring whatever you want to your room for breakfast, if the MDR is open.. you can ask for eggs benedict even)...

I will say that "honey stung chicken" sounds like something I am going to want.

I do have to say that I tried the Honey Stung Chicken from room service and I wasn't impressed. Tasted much like overcooked pre-packaged honey battered frozen chicken tenders. They weren't horrible, but nothing to rave over as many others have. Though from what I can gather here, the current HSC is NOT the same product it used to be a few years ago, or maybe we just got several bad batches throughout the week.